PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Ga-Ga-Gram-Eminem-mys on CBS Sunday night

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41

deltask8er
02-14-2011, 05:45 AM
LOL! Didn't Adele win Best New Artist? I think she will be dodging the bullet and winning more next year.

Based on the list of past best new artist winners, the success rate seems to be at least 50%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_New_Artist

:rofl: at some of his tweets.

Josh Groban recently did a bit on Jimmy Kimmel involving Kanye's tweeting :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Axzxe1a78E

BigB08822
02-14-2011, 05:50 AM
By the way, Jay-Z won 3 Grammy's tonight. That includes 2 for Empire State of Mind. They just didn't win the big one.

Happy to see Zac Brown Band and Alan Jackson winning for country collaboration. I am hoping next year that one goes to Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson! Fantasia won a Grammy. Was it her first?

overedge
02-14-2011, 06:41 AM
This show is like one long set of tributes.

Ladies singing at the beginning: Tribute to Shrieking
Lady Gaga: Tribute to Madonna and Copyright Infringement
Eva Longoria: Tribute to Pushy Managers [WTF was she doing there?]
Justin Bieber: Tribute to Puberty
Muse: Tribute to Pink Floyd
Katy Perry: Tribute to Auto-Tune
Gwyneth Paltrow: Tribute to Karaoke
Mumfords & Avetts: Tribute to Bad Hipster Hair
Bob Dylan: Tribute to Maggie's ffghfybnNkdmngrn
Babs Streisand: Tribute to Botox

I gave up watching when "Need You Now" beat "The Song Otherwise Known as Forget You" [:rofl:] for Best Song. Oh please.

genevieve
02-14-2011, 07:19 AM
I love the Arcade Fire's sometime-singer/backup drummer and singer/wife of lead singer and her Maria Petrova hair :inavoid:

Anita18
02-14-2011, 07:44 AM
:rofl: at some of his tweets. When I saw John Maher on the red carpet I also thought it was Johnny Depp.
No lie I thought he was Depp too when he performed with Norah Jones and Keith Urban. :rofl: I think it's the haircut and facial hair.

Best performances other than that? Janelle Monae/B.O.B/Bruno Mars medley, Cee-Lo, Mick Jagger, and Arcade Fire's second performance.
Really? I thought Cee-Lo (and Gwyneth Paltrow) were a HOT MESS. The little dance he did when he missed a line of the song was hilarious though. :rofl: The Bob Dylan singalong was kind of a hot mess as well, but at least it looked like everybody was having fun.

I gotta say Gaga was the only one tonight who danced and sang well at the same time. :P Despite what anyone says about her OTT stunts, I admire that she sticks with it and can do her own stuff.

made_in_canada
02-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks to this thread I have now been introduced to Yeasayer. Awesome! Thanks to whoever brought them up :D

MarieM
02-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Arcade fire won a big prize ? WOW.
They were so underground 5 years ago !
I enjoyed them a great deal last september (even with the rain) at "Rock en Seine" and I remember watching them live on tv when they were in France in 2005.
Amazing for them :)

missflick
02-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I can understand now why some people here thought that Rihanna had a big forehead. If it had ridges, she would look like a Klingon.

allezfred
02-14-2011, 11:10 AM
There is a laundry list of performers/nominees who can blow off the stage the performers who have been shown tonight, and who should have been shown. Take Bob Dylan for instance: LAA recipient Bob Shane should have been out there instead, because his group was bigger than Dylan ever was, and not only that, he's 77 AND can still sing!

Who the f*ck is Bob Shane? :confused:

equatorial
02-14-2011, 11:26 AM
I loathe Kanye Wests CD :slinkaway:

I love it :P
And if he were Canadian there would be so many people on this board and elsewhere professing their undying love for him and heckling the haters :shuffle:

phoenixflamezzz
02-14-2011, 11:28 AM

lol.

i mean, the thing with the grammys is that they have to straddle the line between being "respectable" and still getting viewers to watch.

that means giving awards (usually) to the most boring and conservative artists/bands, yet still pandering to the mass by inviting the likes of and nominating bieber, rihanna, katy perry, etc. to perform because they need ratings.

Karina1974
02-14-2011, 12:30 PM

Thank you. You've proven the point of my last few posts in this thread.

An answer to your question. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Shane)

Jot the Dot Dot
02-14-2011, 12:37 PM
I read that Gaga's weird shoulder bones and facial features are because she is supposed to be morphing into a Unicorn. I kid you not. I thought a Unicorn had only one horn in the middle of their head, why does she have two growing on each side of her forehead? Maybe it is just a rumor gone wild. If it is true, can't wait to see her next time, will she be growing a tail and hooves!?

She was considering it, even to the point of visiting a plastic surgeon, but the operation never got past the planning stage.

(Lady Gaga at the clinic run by Dr. Mustafa Skan) "I've seen your prices for breast implants, how much would it cost to graft a tail onto me?"

(Dr. Skan):"Well, that depends on the length of it. A good 18 inch tail would be somewhere in the range of $250,000, but I can fix an 8 inch tail on you for only $70,000"

(Lady Gaga)"SEVENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!?!? That's a lot of money for a little tail!"

Rex
02-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Rhinna needs to do some weight training. She's too soft. Yeah. Beyonce is the same way too. I think they wear support hose to keep their thighs from jiggling.

But Drake is BEAUTIFUL though :) :swoon: seriously. He kinda looks like Kim Kardashian's last footballer. I like that type.

Cupid
02-14-2011, 02:27 PM
I thought Gaga was supposed to be some sort of pterodactyl hatching out of the egg. I thought it was an entertaining performance!

I see Will Smith's son is trying to horn in on Justin Bieber's fame. His parents looked so proud though.

Went to bed just before Drei took the stage, which is who I wanted to see. I have it taped so guess I'll watch the rest later (along with Desperate Housewives).