PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Ga-Ga-Gram-Eminem-mys on CBS Sunday night

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41

Aussie Willy
02-14-2011, 05:01 AM
Glad Arcade Fire got the best album. Take that Ga Ga.

topaz
02-14-2011, 05:04 AM
Interesting quote from Kanye about best new artist. I don't know how to take it. Was he thrilled, maybe he knows Esperanza or at least knows her music? Does he think she wasn't deserving, maybe because he has no clue who she is? Maybe he thinks Bieber deserves it because he has had, by far, the most attention? Hmm...

If anything I think Kanye was cheering for both Bieber and Drake. He is producing and working with both of them now.

However, Drake has been a breath of fresh air in hip hop. He's interesting, a good MC and great lyricist. '

For whatever its worth. I love Kanye's latest CD.

marbri
02-14-2011, 05:05 AM
Interesting quote from Kanye about best new artist. I don't know how to take it. Was he thrilled, maybe he knows Esperanza or at least knows her music? Does he think she wasn't deserving, maybe because he has no clue who she is? Maybe he thinks Bieber deserves it because he has had, by far, the most attention? Hmm...

I took it negatively, particularly since he followed it up with the Arcade Fire tweet:

#Arcade fire!!!!!!!!!! There is hope!!! I feel like we all won when something like this happens! ****ING AWESOME!

IceAlisa
02-14-2011, 05:13 AM
Someone I know was nominated for 2 categories but lost. The fashion on the red carpet was extra fugly this year I thought.

Andora
02-14-2011, 05:13 AM
If anything I think Kanye was cheering for both Bieber and Drake. He is producing and working with both of them now.

However, Drake has been a breath of fresh air in hip hop. He's interesting, a good MC and great lyricist. '

For whatever its worth. I love Kanye's latest CD.

I figured he had a vested interest in other artists winning, but maybe didn't know enough (or anything) about the winner. Seemed restrained for Kanye. :P

His latest CD is fantastic-- I'm glad it landed on so many year end lists. Really deserved. Hope Kanye cleans up at the Grammys next year.

marbri
02-14-2011, 05:14 AM
I loathe Kanye Wests CD :slinkaway:

BigB08822
02-14-2011, 05:20 AM
I hate Kanye West so much that I refuse to even listen to his music for fear I may actually like it.

Allskate
02-14-2011, 05:21 AM
I hate Kanye West so much that I refuse to even listen to his music for fear I may actually like it.

:rofl: I love watching shows with you!

phoenixflamezzz
02-14-2011, 05:22 AM
I LOVED the Aretha tribute. Nice to see some singers on stage for a change. What Aretha had to say:

I LOVED it! The ladies all sounded so wonderful and they looked fabulous! All of them were dressed to the nines! I enjoyed each and every performance, especially Yolanda Adams doing "Spirit In The Dark" and... Christina Aguilera's rendition of "Ain't No Way," Loved them all! They all looked beautiful, I really liked Jennifer Hudson's outfit, those epaulettes on her shoulder pads were too sharp! Bravo ladies!!!

Best performances other than that? Janelle Monae/B.O.B/Bruno Mars medley, Cee-Lo, Mick Jagger, and Arcade Fire's second performance.

Love Kanye. Hope he wins AOTY. His latest album was so so so so good.

Andora
02-14-2011, 05:29 AM

I feel the same way about Carrie Underwood.

jenny12
02-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Love Kanye. Hope he wins AOTY. His latest album was so so so so good.

It's one of the most epic things I've listened to in a long time. Puts Eminem's album to shame.

missflick
02-14-2011, 05:33 AM
What is making me happy is Best Contemporary Folk Album. Yay for Ray LaMontagne!

VALuvsMKwan
02-14-2011, 05:33 AM
I read that Gaga's weird shoulder bones and facial features are because she is supposed to be morphing into a Unicorn. I kid you not. I thought a Unicorn had only one horn in the middle of their head, why does she have two growing on each side of her forehead? Maybe it is just a rumor gone wild. If it is true, can't wait to see her next time, will she be growing a tail and hooves!?

Does this mean that LG is a relative of mlp, or just an mlp wannabe? :shuffle:

Allskate
02-14-2011, 05:36 AM
There's definitely better songs on The Suburbs IMO than Month of May. Kinda disappointed they went with that one...But yay for being invited at least!

That's kind of how I felt about The Avett Brothers performing Head Full of Doubt. I like that song, but it's not one of my favorites of theirs. It was also weird how they crammed the entire band into about ten square feet. :lol:

What is making me happy is Best Contemporary Folk Album. Yay for Ray LaMontagne!

That's great! He had a battle with RCA over the album. They didn't like it and wanted him to write some different songs. Said there wasn't a single on the album. He basically told them to take a hike and pick a single from the songs he'd recorded. Now he has a Grammy. :lol: I love the album.

Allen
02-14-2011, 05:36 AM
It's one of the most epic things I've listened to in a long time. Puts Eminem's album to shame.

I don't like Kanye at all. I've been lukewarm about a lot of his music, but this album is truly fantastic.