PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Ga-Ga-Gram-Eminem-mys on CBS Sunday night

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41

topaz
02-14-2011, 04:30 AM
OK. Well this song they are singing now is better than the shit they sang earlier ;)

Anyone enjoying the shots of Gaga sulking behind her big black hat :P

I don't think Gaga expected to win. She knows she's a difficult taste on many palates.

She had such a hard time getting Just Dance played on the radio.

Satellitegirl
02-14-2011, 04:31 AM
That's awesome that Arcade Fire won. Love it :)

Some really great performances tonight. Best Grammys in a long time.

Matryeshka
02-14-2011, 04:32 AM
I would imagine they all had a song ready to go, and I actually think they're *all* kind of shocked Arcade Fire won. If they had any inkling AF was going to win, I think they would have performed earlier in the show and not done two full songs back to back. Probably thought that was the least likely.

BigB08822
02-14-2011, 04:33 AM
I must say, the Grammy's kept my interest from beginning to end this year. Really good show and not many performances that I didn't like. I think Gaga would have been better served by closing out the show. Her performance, while good, is not really that memorable and she went so early that people have long forgotten her now.

martian_girl
My actual favorite album this year was by Yeasayer, who even fewer people know than Arcade Fire. I don't see them ever winning a Grammy. :P

Seriously, if you like what you heard from them tonight, check them out. If you didn't like what you heard tonight, then you're a jerk with lousy taste in music. :P

marbri
I don't think Gaga expected to win. She knows she's a difficult taste on many palates.

She had such a hard time getting Just Dance played on the radio.

Yes. Everytime she wins an award she tells us how difficult it's been for her to be accepted. It certainly is a burden being the first freak the music world has ever seen :P ;)

BigB08822
02-14-2011, 04:34 AM
I would imagine they all had a song ready to go, and I actually think they're *all* kind of shocked Arcade Fire won. If they had any inkling AF was going to win, I think they would have performed earlier in the show and not done two full songs back to back. Probably thought that was the least likely.

True but I tend to think Katy Perry was least likely. I like the idea, though, and hope they stick with it for the future. Maybe just make sure that none of the nominees perform right before the award so they don't have to go back to back.

marbri
02-14-2011, 04:36 AM
True but I tend to think Katy Perry was least likely. I like the idea, though, and hope they stick with it for the future. Maybe just make sure that none of the nominees perform right before the award so they don't have to go back to back.

Didn't Arcade Fire have the most equipment to set up? Could also be a factor why they had them later on the offchance they do win it'd be hard to get that stuff back out there to close on time.

topaz
02-14-2011, 04:37 AM
Yes. Everytime she wins an award she tells us how difficult it's been for her to be accepted. It certainly is a burden being the first freak the music world has ever seen :P ;)

Huh?

She's not the first freak the music world has known. To my knowledge she's never said that or even hinted to that. I like that she's attempting to distinguish herself from the regular pop princess mode.

Less not forget she's only 23 years old yet she knows exactly the messages she wants to convey and to express through her music. She's in control of her total message and image.

What I've heard her say is that she is a performance artist and she wants to press buttons.

Andora
02-14-2011, 04:39 AM
My actual favorite album this year was by Yeasayer, who even fewer people know than Arcade Fire. I don't see them ever winning a Grammy. :P

Seriously, if you like what you heard from them tonight, check them out. If you didn't like what you heard tonight, then you're a jerk with lousy taste in music. :P

But Yeasayer might have won in the '80s for certain songs off their most recent album! Really interesting band.

Lara
02-14-2011, 04:40 AM
Tweet from @arcadefire: OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. Thank you EVERYONE.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: I still can't believe it, so thrilled!!! And to think I could have seen them when they were just starting out...doh!

BigB08822
02-14-2011, 04:41 AM
I read that Gaga's weird shoulder bones and facial features are because she is supposed to be morphing into a Unicorn. I kid you not. I thought a Unicorn had only one horn in the middle of their head, why does she have two growing on each side of her forehead? Maybe it is just a rumor gone wild. If it is true, can't wait to see her next time, will she be growing a tail and hooves!?

jenny12
02-14-2011, 04:41 AM
Well, Kanye West is happy!
http://twitter.com/kanyewest

martian_girl
02-14-2011, 04:43 AM
Well, Kanye West is happy!
http://twitter.com/kanyewest

:lol: I never knew Kanye was an Arcade Fire fan. That would be an interesting collaboration.

Matryeshka
02-14-2011, 04:43 AM
True but I tend to think Katy Perry was least likely. .

Really? I think she had a lot of momentum right before, and I know she's well-liked by other singers. Even though her voice isn't great, the song isn't bad lyrically, and certainly better than a lot that was nominated tonight. I don't think she was a favorite, but she wasn't a total dark horse either.

Had LA won one less award, I'd say this was one of the best grammys evah in terms of variety of performances and types of acts that won.

The only disappointment to me was when Justin Beiber did not win best new artist. Usually, that's the kiss of death and we either never hear from the winner of that category again and/or the act completely disgraces himself/herself/themselves. But since he didn't, Beiber Fever will probably annoy me for a few more years.