PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Ga-Ga-Gram-Eminem-mys on CBS Sunday night

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

topaz
02-14-2011, 03:54 AM
JayZ still goes underappreciated and unsung.

dbell1
Nikki looks like a skunk scared by a cheetah reincarnated as Marie Antoinette.

Go Em!!!

martian_girl
Nikki Minage's hair looks like Cruella DeVille

I think that was the look she was going for. :lol:

Eminem actually gave a nice, humble speech. You'd almost think he's a sweetie if you didn't listen to his back catalog. ;)

Rex
JayZ still goes underappreciated and unsung.
And filthy, filthy rich....

kimkom
02-14-2011, 03:55 AM
Eminem! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Matryeshka
I kid, I kid, because I love Nicole Kidman too. I think she's very talented, but I would never have imagined seeing her singing along. She's always so composed.

Bah, you haterz. Nikki Minaj or whatever is HAWT. I would so wear that if I was ten years younger, ten inches taller, and ten pounds (minus some more pounds) lighter.

deltask8er
If I had a million dollars to waste, I might offer it to Eminem on the condition that he smile for 5 seconds. I don't even know if he has teeth. He just won a Grammy, yet...oh, never mind.

marbri
02-14-2011, 03:56 AM
She's got notorious stage fright and doesn't sing live hardly ever.

That's what I thought. I remember an interview with her long ago. She spoke of a conversation with Judy Garland that later in her career (when Barbara was starting out) being terrified to sing. Barbara said at that time she couldn't understand it but later did. I had in my head she experienced that same thing in more recent years.

hydro
02-14-2011, 03:57 AM
If I had a million dollars to waste, I might offer it to Eminem on the condition that he smile for 5 seconds. I don't even know if he has teeth. He just won a Grammy, yet...oh, never mind.

He left them back in Detroit.

BigB08822
02-14-2011, 03:58 AM
Eminem does always look quite pissed. Some people just have that look, though.

numbers123
02-14-2011, 03:59 AM
Mick still struts after all these years. Sigh. One of the best concerts I barely remember.

Mick has still got it after all this time. :hat1: To the other performers-that's how it's done on a live show. :kickass:

True

Oh, I have. I only watched this year because I was hoping that my favorite folk group would finally get some respect from the general music community (who always seem to ignore the Trio - thank goodness for people like Al Jardine and Lindsey Buckingham for lobbying for them to get that LAA - too bad it was posthumous for the other original members), and get more than a passing mention on the telecast. They used to show the LAA presentation during the telecast - I remember when Michael Jackson got his.

This is a group that can singlehandedly blow every single one of tonight's performers off the stage, and had more of an impact on the music business than any of them. And all they had to do was stand there and sing, and they had the whole audience in the collective palm of their hand. And, unlike Mumford and Son, they didn't need swearing in their songs (even if it had been allowed in their day), and their banjo players could really play.

OH pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze, the Kingston Trio were great, but boring. I know, I was in that era. It is because you like their genre of music. And did you mention you knew them personally?

I am always embarassed for the performers or actors who are awarded LAA. It sounds like an overblown rah, rah, rah, blah, blah, blah.

dbell1
:rofl: I love that Bridgestone commercial with Timmy in the well, cave, balloon, whale, and volcano!

topaz
And filthy, filthy rich....

True Dat but just once I would like Jay to get some appreciation.

He has produced so much music, he has saved hip hop. The Blueprint was another classic from me.

Yeah, Yeah, Imma up at Brooklyn,
Now Im down in Tribeca,
Right next to DeNiro,
But iíll be hood forever,
Iím the new Sinatra,
And since I made it here,
I can make it anywhere,
Yeah they love me everywhere... Statue of Liberty, long live the World trade,
Long live the king yo, Iím from the empire state thatsÖIn New York,

The New Anthem for NYC .. Empire State of Mind.

jenny12
02-14-2011, 04:00 AM
It looks like its Eminem's year and he gave a great performance, but that cheesy Not Afraid winning over Kanye West's Power is ridiculous, but, of course, expected.

Jay Z has produced much more insteresting work than Eminem in recent years IMO.

BigB08822
02-14-2011, 04:00 AM
Puff Daddy...really...is he drunk?

I don't really need to see Rhianna again...

Got to give her credit, though, being sick with the flu sucks and I can't imagine doing this under the lights and with nerves...no way.