PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Ga-Ga-Gram-Eminem-mys on CBS Sunday night

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

martian_girl
02-14-2011, 03:41 AM
Grandpa Mick is totally showing these kiddies how its done. :lol:

marbri
This makes me nostalgic. He is a bonafide :rockstar:

Karina1974
If you don't like them and they have never been the same since whenever, turn them off. It would probably make you happier and I think some other people happier.

Oh, I have. I only watched this year because I was hoping that my favorite folk group would finally get some respect from the general music community (who always seem to ignore the Trio - thank goodness for people like Al Jardine and Lindsey Buckingham for lobbying for them to get that LAA - too bad it was posthumous for the other original members), and get more than a passing mention on the telecast. They used to show the LAA presentation during the telecast - I remember when Michael Jackson got his.

This is a group that can singlehandedly blow every single one of tonight's performers off the stage, and had more of an impact on the music business than any of them. And all they had to do was stand there and sing, and they had the whole audience in the collective palm of their hand. And, unlike Mumford and Son, they didn't need swearing in their songs (even if it had been allowed in their day), and their banjo players could really play.

Making other people happy? Yo... like someone said to me upthread, this is an opinion board, and I'm as entitled to post my opinion as anyone else is.

Matryeshka
02-14-2011, 03:42 AM
Nicole Kidman's so likeable tonight, it almost makes me want to see her movie. I want to see pics of her and Gwyneth Paltrow all drunk and coked out with Miley Cyrus tomorrow. If that happens, I will totally go see The Rabbit Hole.

topaz
02-14-2011, 03:42 AM
Grandpa Mick is totally showing these kiddies how its done. :lol:

He should.. He has over 50 years of performing. :lol:

Heck cut Bieber some slack, he's still a teenager.

Rex
02-14-2011, 03:44 AM
We are just speaking the truth. True dat. You could show Power Point presentations on their foreheads!

Mick Jagger sounds a 100% better than Bob Dylan.

Gotta give it to Mick, he can still entertainment even with his artifical hips/knees.

Word. I still listen to Mick.

rfisher
02-14-2011, 03:45 AM
This makes me nostalgic. He is a bonafide :rockstar:

True story. The Stones were playing in Memphis. My brother and I went. It was 100 degrees that afternoon. The concert started at noon. They didn't play until 10:00 that night and it had cooled off some. When I got back to work on Monday the doc I worked for asked what I'd done over the weekend because he'd tried to call me to give me backstage passes to the Stones concert in Memphis. He just threw them away when he couldn't reach me.

topaz
02-14-2011, 03:46 AM
True dat. You could show Power Point presentations on their foreheads!

OOOO, sounds like a project to me. :slinkaway

marbri
02-14-2011, 03:47 AM
Nicole Kidman's so likeable tonight, it almost makes me want to see her movie. I want to see pics of her and Gwyneth Paltrow all drunk and coked out with Miley Cyrus tomorrow. If that happens, I will totally go see The Rabbit Hole.

I've always like Nicole Kidman and think for the most part she's been misunderstood. I think for a very very long time she was very guarded (marrying into that whole scientology cult must be a real mindfcuk). She seems more at peace these days and well just happy.

Rex
02-14-2011, 03:49 AM
BARBRA!!! :swoon: :inavoid:

dbell1
We are so mean :rofl: There's a place in hell for us. I'll go first and scope out a parking space.

Can we just get a limo?

I love Nicole. Loved her in "Dead Calm" and love her more now with Keith.

Barbra's wearing a curtain, but her voice is still great and I love her phrasing.

rfisher
Barbra still has the chops :swoon: but that dress is hideous.

Rex
02-14-2011, 03:50 AM
Can we just get a limo?
Gurl, at this point, we'll need a bus......
Babs voice doesn't soar anymore, but she sounds great.
The dress will be beaten and murdered by Joan Rivers and the Fashion Police tomorrow.

deltask8er
I want crowd shots of Lady Gaga, Eminem and Kim Kardashian during Barbra Streisand's performance, but it will never happen.

BigB08822
I just tried downloading the Mumford and Sons album and 2 songs did not download, it said it lost connection. What do I do? It isn't trying again and when I go to my purchased songs it shows those 2 but they have an ! next to them and are not playable. There is no option that I see to try completing the download. I paid for the album... Anyone ever had this problem?