PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Ga-Ga-Gram-Eminem-mys on CBS Sunday night

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Lara
02-14-2011, 02:34 AM
I heart the Avett Brothers. Glad I turned it on!

Liked Mumford and SOns too- feel like I need to download some of their music now.

Oh Bob. :lol: I rather like what they're doing but his voice sounds terrible.

Do it, they're really good. And ITA about Dylan. Yikes.

BigB08822
02-14-2011, 02:34 AM
You're telling me that her whole performance was live? :lol: Right. And while she bounced around and twirled, her voice never wavered or went off key?

Back to show - who's the new band full of angsty earnest men with oil hair?

Yes. I'm sorry but she is known for singing live DESPITE all of her theatrics and dance moves. I am not kidding. She would take it as a huge compliment that you don't believe it. She does have a backing track going but again, that was her voice as the main vocals. Go back and play it again and listen closely.

Rex
02-14-2011, 02:35 AM
Dylan sounded like Jimmy Durante.

dbell1
That was risky leaving the upright bass laying on the floor with Dylan expected to walk over it. :rofl:

:rofl: Loved it!!!

Damn. Bob. You need to retire to Maggie's Farm.

Who's the blond bimbo doing the 'tech thing'? She needs to leave my screen. Too happy.

deltask8er
every time I see Dylan - I can help but think where is Mr. Scrooge, you made Bob Crachit age poorly

And I suddenly remembered "soy bomb" the last time he performed at the grammys :rofl:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/awards/2011/02/bob-dylan-will-play-the-grammys-will-soy-bomb-return-too-video.html

JILEN
02-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Not the Bob Dylan I used to listen to....I think it's time he refuse Grammy's invite, they just keep on bringing him back for posterity's sake ;)..

Allskate
02-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Mumford and Sons played first, now The Avett Bros.

Love them both. I've been pulling for Mumford and Sons to upset Bieber and win best new artist.

dbell1
02-14-2011, 02:37 AM
Yes. I'm sorry but she is known for singing live DESPITE all of her theatrics and dance moves. I am not kidding. She would take it as a huge compliment that you don't believe it. She does have a backing track going but again, that was her voice as the main vocals. Go back and play it again and listen closely.

We need to disagree here. I don't want to rewatch that. And I don't feel like debating the gloriousness of gaga.

:rofl: @ Soy Bomb. Time to upgrade to Organic Bomb now.

marbri

I will agree that typically she sings live but I don't believe any part of her performance tonight aside when she was getting out of the egg (and I'm 50/50 on this one) and when she does her schtick by the keyboard were live. No way was she singing live during all the choreography.

Theatregirl1122
I actually am a fan of classic dylan (you know, the stuff before I was born) but he is getting old.

Matryeshka
You're telling me that her whole performance was live? :lol: Right. And while she bounced around and twirled, her voice never wavered or went off key?

Back to show - who's the new band full of angsty earnest men with oil hair?

Showchoirs--real ones, not the Glee one--do that everyday with much more vocally challenging material and often harder dance moves. Broadway musical performers have done it since Broadway began. Gaga's song hits maybe six different notes and she doesn't dance so much as prance-n-pose. I'm not saying she *didn't* lip-sync, but I don't think there's any reason to automatically assume she did.

numbers123
If I can't have Gaga's body, can I have JoLo's?

BigB08822
02-14-2011, 02:40 AM
Showchoirs--real ones, not the Glee one--do that everyday with much more vocally challenging material and often harder dance moves. Broadway musical performers have done it since Broadway began. Gaga's song hits maybe six different notes and she doesn't dance so much as prance-n-pose. I'm not saying she *didn't* lip-sync, but I don't think there's any reason to automatically assume she did.

Thank you! I could never go out and land a 4flip/3loop combo but I'm not going to scream FAKE the first time I see a video of it. :rolleyes: Oh well, I know she sang live with a backing track and I will have to leave it at that.

Theatregirl1122
02-14-2011, 02:41 AM
This football player could be cuter.

topaz
02-14-2011, 02:41 AM
Bob Dylan's needs to stop performing.