PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mac Users

missflick
02-12-2011, 02:50 AM
Each time I use my computer, I clear all my cookies (except favourites) before shutting it off. However, when I turn it back on, and check, all of the websites I have visited have come back under cookies...over 1300+ of them! How do I delete them permanently?

Angelskates
02-12-2011, 03:24 AM
Each time I use my computer, I clear all my cookies (except favourites) before shutting it off. However, when I turn it back on, and check, all of the websites I have visited have come back under cookies...over 1300+ of them! How do I delete them permanently?

Do you mean in Safari? You need to clear Safari autofill, address bar history, search history, empty cache, clear cookies and download history to really clear everything AND then you need to clear websites in expose.

missflick
02-12-2011, 03:42 AM
Do you mean in Safari? You need to clear Safari autofill, address bar history, search history, empty cache, clear cookies and download history to really clear everything AND then you need to clear websites in expose.

Yes I mean Safari. I have cleared history, and cache, autofill I do leave on for certain things, but how do clear websites in Expose? That isn't even on my dock. I don't use it.

Angelskates
02-12-2011, 03:45 AM
Yes I mean Safari. I have cleared history, and cache, autofill I do leave on for certain things, but how do clear websites in Expose? That isn't even on my dock. I don't use it.

When you click to add a new window, do all your top or most recent websites come up? If so, on the bottom left, click edit and delete the ones you don't want. Then click History and click the button on the bottom left that says clear history.

missflick
02-12-2011, 03:54 AM
When you click to add a new window, do all your top or most recent websites come up? If so, on the bottom left, click edit and delete the ones you don't want. Then click History and click the button on the bottom left that says clear history.

Don't think so. I click on Expose, and only three things come up: Finder, this website, and BBC Radio 2, which I currently have on.

Angelskates
02-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Don't think so. I click on Expose, and only three things come up: Finder, this website, and BBC Radio 2, which I currently have on.

What do you get when you open a new window?

missflick
02-12-2011, 04:52 AM
What do you get when you open a new window?

My start page (Apple.com)