PDA

View Full Version : Premiere of Lady Gaga's new video today

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

orbitz
02-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Lady Gaga is alright I guess and sure this song looks to be a hit. But who knows how memorable she will be in 10 years time. Hell I can't name a single Janet Jackson or Mariah Carey song without having to google. And both of them were/are superstars.

I'm no JJ fan but I can immediately recall songs like "What Have You Done For Me Lately" or the lyric "It's Miss Jackson, if you're nasty" :hat1:

Mariah is a bit less memorable for me, but I do remember being blown away when I first heard Vision Of Love. Now that she only does hip-hip I don't really care anymore to listen to her.

UGG
02-16-2011, 02:45 AM
I like Lady Gaga a lot-I think she has staying power and she is very very talented. She said on Jay leno last night that Madonna liked her new song. I wonder how that went down LOL. Did Madonna send her an email?

brina
02-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Well, here's the music video. It's effin' WEIRD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FrqwZyKw

alhrayth
02-28-2011, 09:59 PM
just saw it - well, I actually fast-forwarded some bits because I was bored - and I possibly like it less than the song. The song is mediocre, but this is weird for the sake of being weird, to generate publicity because the song is mediocre... sooo... not my kind of thing. Thumbs down!

BigB08822
02-28-2011, 10:22 PM
I don't care to watch aliens giving birth. The video is not so good but the main problem is how overhyped her stuff has become. One of her makeup artists tweeted that after he saw the finished video he cried. Now, you tell me, what part of this video could possibly make you cry? The disgusting birth scenes or the quite horrible dancing? I am a big Gaga fan, don't get me wrong, but she needs to tell her team to tone down the overhyping. It only backfires. If I wasn't expecting something to make me cry then I might think the video is at least entertaining.

cailuj365
02-28-2011, 10:25 PM
:shuffle: LOL. I can't.

IceJunkie
02-28-2011, 10:30 PM
It was a hot mess. And not in a good way.

I never liked the term "trying too hard", but UGH, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw this video.

Jenna
02-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Oh my goodness. LOVE the song, but the video is bad bad bad.

falling_dance
02-28-2011, 10:51 PM
I like it.

My irritation is with the messed up view count. 330 views? I don't think so ! :angryfire :P

Jenna
02-28-2011, 11:01 PM
I like it.

My irritation is with the messed up view count. 330 views? I don't think so ! :angryfire :P

Yeah..it HAS to be higher than that!

Southpaw
02-28-2011, 11:17 PM
It was a hot mess. And not in a good way.

I never liked the term "trying too hard", but UGH, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw this video.

The difference I'm seeing between Lady Gaga and Madonna is that there is no controversy around this chick no matter how hard she (seems) to be trying to be controversial. With Madonna EVERYTHING she did caused controversy. Wearing rosaries as jewelry? Controversial. Rolling around like a slut on a Venice canal boat in a wedding dress? Controversial. Making out with a black saint and burning crosses? Controversial. Hairy armpits in Hustler? Controversial. Posing buck ass nekkid in a coffee table book? Controversial. Embracing teh gays? Controversial.

Different times back then, of course.

Every time Madonna did something it pissed SOMEONE off and that kept things going for her. Lady Gaga? She's not pissing anybody off because we've all seen it before. Over and over and over again with Madonna. The world is jaded now. So no matter what she's putting out there nobody's getting pissed off. People may be annoyed or grossed out or weirded out but she's not offending people like Madonna did. Why didn't Cyndi Lauper go as far as Madonna? Because she didn't piss anyone off. She was just kooky.

Sinead O'Connor didn't have to do much to be controversial. All it took for her was to rip up a picture of the Pope on television. Sarah Palin's a billion times more controversial than this chick is. Being all sorts of mavericky and whatnot. I wonder who will have the longer career, Lady Gaga or Sarah Palin?

Mayra
02-28-2011, 11:46 PM
I don't care to watch aliens giving birth. The video is not so good but the main problem is how overhyped her stuff has become. One of her makeup artists tweeted that after he saw the finished video he cried. Now, you tell me, what part of this video could possibly make you cry? The disgusting birth scenes or the quite horrible dancing?

:rofl:

I love Lady Gaga, but I'm not sure what is going on in this video. It's a hot mess, but I think that's part of her appeal. I'm sure there is some hidden message about equality, world peace, the solution to all of life's problems that her "little monsters" see that you and I are missing. :lol:

nubka
03-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Alright geezers, remember this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IasCZL072fQ)?

I remember !! :D

Sally1214
03-01-2011, 01:13 AM
The video is wild and weird .... just like Gaga herself. I like (don't love) the video and LOVE the song.

But, you know, it really doesn't matter whether we love it or hate it, I predict this video will go right to the top. On Feb. 23rd, Lady G tweeted to thank her "monsters" for making Born This Way #1 in 14 countries and #1 on The Hot 100 again. No doubt, it's going to be the same story for the video.

Lady Gaga is on a roll and I don't see anything stopping her anytime soon.

brina
03-01-2011, 01:29 AM
I definitely believe Gaga is just trying to uphold an image. Although being over-the-top gets people talking and whatnot, ultimately I don't think it's about the shock value anymore. It's what people expect. The moment you see her in a video wearing jeans and a halter top is when her image is over. It works and carries its intrigue because it makes her look something other than human--which is kind of her literal character here.