PDA

View Full Version : Lohan's in trouble again....

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

ArtisticFan
02-09-2011, 08:55 PM
I don't blame anyone but Lindsay.

She's an adult, and responsible for her own actions. Not her parents or the press.

I agree she is ultimately responsible for her own decisions and behavior. I just know that it is hard enough to straighten up one's life when family and friends are supporting that decision. Lindsay has surrounded herself with yes people, including her mother, who tell her that even her bad behavior is good. If there is an underlying mental illness or problem, that blanket approval of anything she does isn't really healthy or helpful.

From my experience with family with addiction issues, etc. I have seen that most of them didn't get to the stage of getting better until parents, siblings, and spouses stopped making excuses for them. Lindsay has the benefit of money and resources to fix her life and restart her career that most of us don't have at our disposal. However, she also has to deal with the her mother who still looks at her as a cash cow rather than a sick daughter.

That doesn't mean I think she should be less accountable for her actions. I am a firm believer in to whom much is given much is expected.

soxxy
02-09-2011, 09:29 PM
She just walked into the courthouse. Errrr.....could that white dress be any tighter?

ETA: The entertainment reporter is appalled and said she's dressed like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct. Dr. Drew cautions to give "her a break." To him, the sexy dress indicated Lindsay is "insecure." hmmmmm......

Andrushka
02-09-2011, 09:36 PM
They need to lock her up and make her serve the same amount of time that someone who is not famous would get for the same offense.She's not special.

skatemommy
02-09-2011, 09:39 PM
I think locking her up would force her into straightening up, rather than all these yes people catering to her.

Jenny
02-09-2011, 09:42 PM
I think locking her up would force her into straightening up, rather than all these yes people catering to her.

She's been locked up before - in rehab and jail - no? Doesn't seem to be getting any better.

In other news, because I dipped into TMZ just now for the latest, it looks like Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson Wentz have filed for divorce, no third parties involved. Apparently he was too erratic (ie touring) while she stayed home to commit to their child (ie is out of work).

And Sofia Vergara is unrecognizable without makeup.

That's all for now. :)

Andrushka
02-09-2011, 09:49 PM
They didn't make her stay there very long.And did not make her stay there the length of time that a non-celeb would be in jail for the same offense.

skatingfan5
02-09-2011, 09:57 PM
They need to lock her up and make her serve the same amount of time that someone who is not famous would get for the same offense.She's not special.I think even the famous should at least be granted a trial before being "locked up." To do otherwise, would definitely be "special" treatment. After all, they usually don't incarcerate non-famous folks before they are convicted.

Andrushka
02-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Of course she needs a trial and she has had trials.My point being that after her previous appearances in court,she should've paid the full penalty,not just part of it.And this time she should pay the full penalty if she is convicted.

soxxy
02-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Tmz.com is reporting she's being remanded into custody and is being booked now. Not sure how long she'll be in.

skatingfan5
02-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Tmz.com is reporting she's being remanded into custody and is being booked now. Not sure how long she'll be in.Since bail was set at $40,000, probably not very long. If she's convicted of the felony theft charges, the sentence could be up to three years.

soxxy
02-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Then again, tmz.com keeps changing the story. I think both lawyers are meeting.

Lacey
02-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Well, IMO, she had her lips plumped before her court (cameras anyone?) date.

skatingfan5
02-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Then again, tmz.com keeps changing the story. I think both lawyers are meeting.I've just been reading the NYTimes (http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2011/02/09/arts/AP-US-People-Lindsay-Lohan.html?ref=aponline).

barbk
02-10-2011, 12:12 AM
OK, stupid question here. Why is the past tense of "Plead" "pleaded" rather than "plead"?

In this (and many other cases) reporters write, "She pleaded not-guilty" -- but they usually write, "he pled the Fifth Amendment when asked ...."

ArtisticFan
02-10-2011, 12:19 AM
OK, stupid question here. Why is the past tense of "Plead" "pleaded" rather than "plead"?

In this (and many other cases) reporters write, "She pleaded not-guilty" -- but they usually write, "he pled the Fifth Amendment when asked ...."

Quick answer is that media style uses pleaded and lawyers, etc. use pled. I'm not sure of the reason, but it took me a while to get used to it when I first starting writing for a newspaper.