PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

orientalplane
02-13-2011, 08:43 PM
But if the English want their monarchs, they aren't hurting anyone, so be it.

We don't want them! :mad: ;)

TygerTyger
02-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Please leave this one to those of us that do love the Royals, are looking forward to this Wedding and also adore the Jewelry that will be on display/wondering what will be on Kate's head. As it was intended to be.

It isn't necessary to "love the Royals" in order to enjoy their jewelry, and to look forward to a cultural event.
Besides, I remain hopeful that Cate and William will prove to be more down-to-earth than the old lady :D

"We don't want them!"

In my experience, we Yanks have a greater capacity for nostalgia than most Brits.

kwanfan1818
02-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Please leave this one to those of us that do love the Royals, are looking forward to this Wedding and also adore the Jewelry that will be on display/wondering what will be on Kate's head. As it was intended to be.
Or even those of us who just like looking at the jewelry.

taf2002
02-13-2011, 10:55 PM
It isn't necessary to "love the Royals" in order to enjoy their jewelry, and to look forward to a cultural event.
Besides, I remain hopeful that Cate and William will prove to be more down-to-earth than the old lady :D

"We don't want them!"

In my experience, we Yanks have a greater capacity for nostalgia than most Brits.

We Yanks can afford nostalgia, we don't have to support it.

danceronice
02-14-2011, 01:15 AM
I find the Queen very down to Earth. To me, going somewhere like Balmoral sounds like an ideal way to get away. Learned to drive an ambulance in the war, used to be quite the rider before age caught up with her, still very fond of horses, always dignified in public. Seems very reasonable to me. Just because she doesn't go getting weepy and ridiculous in public...

And while I still have my favorite (and if you think people don't give Presidents ridiculous gifts, go look at their libraries) in the Girls of Great Britain, it WOULD help to know what sort of dress Kate's wearing. (I have to say I hope it's not a mermaid silhouette. I hate those. They're going to look so dated in pictures 10-20 years from now, like poofy sleeves in the '80s.)

Parsley Sage
02-14-2011, 02:25 AM
I send the link to the blog to my sister and her vote is for the Strathmore but she said she'd have to see the dress first. She also likes the idea of a new tiara for Kate.

I'm watching the TLC show on the Queen right now and every time they show footage of her in a tiara, I can name it now.

nerdycool
02-14-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm watching the TLC show on the Queen right now and every time they show footage of her in a tiara, I can name it now.Be careful, soon you'll be able to name the necklaces & brooches, too. Not that there's anything wrong with that :shuffle:

Parsley Sage
02-14-2011, 03:02 AM
TLC just had a promo for Royal Wedding Week, coming in April!!

KatieC
02-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Best Man and Maid of Honour announced (http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/02/14/prince-harry-best-man-royal-wedding.html)

but details of what they'll wear won't be available until wedding day. :)

AragornElessar
02-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Thread drift happening at FSU? *GASP*!!! My Goodness...Thank you all so much to those who pointed that out to me. Since I've been a member for years now, I've never seen that before now.

:rolleyes:

I get it happens. I mean...No kidding around here. However, when that thread drift starts going in a direction of a topic that's a better fit for PI, I don't see why saying that is a bad thing.

I'm not surprised I got some snarky comments following that post of mine, as this is FSU. At least I tried.

IceAlisa
02-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Best Man and Maid of Honour announced (http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/02/14/prince-harry-best-man-royal-wedding.html)

but details of what they'll wear won't be available until wedding day. :)

Their choices were expected. A question: does "bridesmaid" mean a different thing in the UK than in the US? The bridesmaids in the article are what here is known as flower girls.

skatemommy
02-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Can I say that the Princess Diana traveling exhibit is exquisite! Saw her wedding gown (and yes bridesmaids would be us Yank's flower girls), shoes, veil plus lots of her clothes, childhood writings and pictures. A room filled with condolence books was very moving. Her lineage traced back to 1330 on a family tree plus portraits of the royal ladies in her family. My mom was so moved, it was a great day. I'm looking forward to this royal wedding as well!

Squibble
02-15-2011, 12:45 AM
In my experience, most British bridesmaids are friends or close relatives of the bride and more or less her contemporaries.

In recent decades, bridesmaids at royal weddings have tended to be young girls. I surmise that the main reason for this is to avoid having too much media attention on the bridesmaids.

IceAlisa
02-15-2011, 01:15 AM
In recent decades, bridesmaids at royal weddings have tended to be young girls. I surmise that the main reason for this is to avoid having too much media attention on the bridesmaids.

Well, there's always the time-honored tradition of putting them in fugly dresses. :lol:

PDilemma
02-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Well, there's always the time-honored tradition of putting them in fugly dresses. :lol:

I assume that would not be considered very royal! :lol: