PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41

PDilemma
04-30-2011, 01:06 AM
No, that one goes all the way to the floor. This one just looks like a Sexy Fairy Halloween costume in white. All it really needs are thigh-high white hose and a frilly garter visible. Oh, and 4" clear vinyl high heels. That would totally complete the look.

Shouldn't the heels have the lights in them that come on when you take a step? :lol:

Aceon6
04-30-2011, 01:43 AM
PT dresses seem to be very popular with the newly moneyed Northern New Jersey set. Must be the Jersey Shore influence. Thank goodness, they don't seem to sell well in New England.

kwanfan1818
04-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Shouldn't the heels have the lights in them that come on when you take a step? :lol:
You mean they don't?

Civic
04-30-2011, 03:14 AM
The Scroll, although it's being called the Halo. Same tiara though.

Here's a blog (http://aestheticusrex.blogspot.com/2011/04/catherine-middleton-wears-haloscroll.html) with the best closeup pictures I've come across so far of Kate wearing the tiara.

Ha! Ths Scroll Tiara was my choice for Kate. Great minds thinking alike and all.;)

danceronice
04-30-2011, 03:15 AM

Ooh, you could color-coordinate them to your wedding theme! (Oh, God, I just gave some Jersey-Shore stripper fairy bride an idea somewhere, I know it...)

Parsley Sage
04-30-2011, 12:53 PM
I wonder what the person who placed the 6000 pound bet on Kate wearing the Queen's wedding tiara thinks about Kate wearing the Scroll/Halo tiara?

floskate
04-30-2011, 12:56 PM
I wonder what the person who placed the 6000 pound bet on Kate wearing the Queen's wedding tiara thinks about Kate wearing the Scroll/Halo tiara?

I wonder if a change was made in light of the news of that bet. ;)

jen_faith
04-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Ha! Ths Scroll Tiara was my choice for Kate. Great minds thinking alike and all.;)

Mine too. I totally called it.:D

Parsley Sage
04-30-2011, 01:23 PM
I wonder if a change was made in light of the news of that bet. ;)

The earrings matched the tiara though and the earrings were custom made.

cruisin
04-30-2011, 02:17 PM
PT dresses seem to be very popular with the newly moneyed Northern New Jersey set. Must be the Jersey Shore influence. Thank goodness, they don't seem to sell well in New England.

Where did you get that idea? Because you see wackos on a reality show, like Say Yes to the Dress, you do realize that store is in New York? Why do we have to be defined by the sluts on Jersey Shore, none of whom are actually from New Jersey? Do you actually think that NJ is any different from MA, or any other state? Every state has their stereotypes - good and bad. But, mostly we are all pretty much alike - state-to-state. I am so sick of NJ girls and women being lumped into the big hair classless type that is portrayed on Jersey Shore and Housewives. I was born here and have lived my life here and rarely come into contact with anyone like those women. Come to Morris County, or shop at the Mall at Short Hills some time, then comment. We don't look like or sound like any of the exaggerated clowns you see on TV.

Rant over :)

Aceon6
04-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Where did you get that idea? Because you see wackos on a reality show, like Say Yes to the Dress, you do realize that store is in New York? Why do we have to be defined by the sluts on Jersey Shore, none of whom are actually from New Jersey? Do you actually think that NJ is any different from MA, or any other state? Every state has their stereotypes - good and bad. But, mostly we are all pretty much alike - state-to-state. I am so sick of NJ girls and women being lumped into the big hair classless type that is portrayed on Jersey Shore and Housewives. I was born here and have lived my life here and rarely come into contact with anyone like those women. Come to Morris County, or shop at the Mall at Short Hills some time, then comment. We don't look like or sound like any of the exaggerated clowns you see on TV.

Rant over :)

You could see the same thing in Revere, MA (a shore town) but not one town over in Winthrop. I don't know what it is, but there's a certain segment of the newly moneyed that thinks this is the way to dress. Having a daddy who can't say no to his little precious doesn't help. Wonder if is has anything to do with running around in bikinis all summer?

eta, I have a cousin in coastal New Hampshire who would have gone PT had it been available when she married. Totally classless with a spineless father. PERFECT.

floskate
04-30-2011, 04:28 PM
The earrings matched the tiara though and the earrings were custom made.

From what I've read, they were custom made as a gift from her parents and are based on her new coat of arms. They made a happy match with the chosen tiara though, but I'm not sure they were made specifically with the tiara in mind.

cruisin
04-30-2011, 04:35 PM
You could see the same thing in Revere, MA (a shore town) but not one town over in Winthrop. I don't know what it is, but there's a certain segment of the newly moneyed that thinks this is the way to dress. Having a daddy who can't say no to his little precious doesn't help. Wonder if is has anything to do with running around in bikinis all summer?

eta, I have a cousin in coastal New Hampshire who would have gone PT had it been available when she married. Totally classless with a spineless father. PERFECT.

That's my point. I get really frustrated that people think girls and women from NJ are like what is shown on reality TV. Are there skanky people like that? Sure, but they are everywhere. I get really tired of NJ females (especially Italian ones) being portrayed like that, and the public thinking it's real.

I mentioned this on an American idol thread. There was a girl who tried out with big hair, a horrible accent (not one from NJ), and a miserable personality. Ryan Seacrest made some comment about her being a typical big haired, NJ girl. The girl is from Morris Plains, and would be considered a freak there - No, Ryan she is not typical. This area looks like CT, MA, any NE town. Pretty much accent free (though we do tend to talk a little fast). And we dress stylishly, not like boardwalk rats.

AragornElessar
04-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Concerning that famous bet...I still think we'll be seeing that Fringe Tiara on a British Royal Bride this year, only as we know now instead of Catherine, it'll be on Zara's head. The Queen wore it at hers, Princess Anne wore it at hers...I really do think Zara will keep that "tradition" going.

I just got about a half hour ago and feel wiped out. Oh...But it was fun yesterday and what a day it was too. :)

kwanfan1818
05-07-2011, 05:36 AM
I'm staying in the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas, and, in the lobby is a photo of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip taken during their stay in 1991. The tiara in the photo looks very much like The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara. I can see why she'd want to keep hold of it.