PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41

SHARPIE
04-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Oh Frau, you always have to hate on everything that everyone else finds delightful. Didnt I ban you a zillion times for being anti Jewish? Least you've shut that shit up, but you are still a bit boring and predictable by being so contrary re everything .......... :blah:

*Waves Union Jack!*

Norlite
04-29-2011, 06:44 PM
I disagree. I can't take my eyes off her in any picture she's in with him. The red is his only chance of being noticed next to her.

I agree. The red is what is noticed. For example, many pictures also included Harry and even my daughter who thinks he's :grope: didn't notice him at first.

Good Lord that Catherine takes a marvelous picture! Every one of them.

Andora
04-29-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't understand how Diana could win any contest in the monstrosity she wore. Someone gave me a dress like it for my barbie's at age six or seven, and I wouldn't use it. :P

I was initially disappointed in the tiara, as it seemed kind of Princess Diaries-ish, but it really suited her, and she looked beautiful.

Wyliefan
04-29-2011, 06:54 PM
If you watch TLC's re-broadcast tonight, you may see me at the Times Square viewing party. Then again, you may not. I had barely any makeup on, so I ducked every time a camera came near. :) But it was great fun! Loved the dress, the ceremony, everything.

emason
04-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Good Lord that Catherine takes a marvelous picture! Every one of them.

The dress is gorgeous and her posture is sublime. God, I wish I could sit up and stand up straight like that.

orbitz
04-29-2011, 07:25 PM
If by fairytale princess you mean the dreck that Diana wore, no thanks lol.

It was a sign of the time. Diana's dress didn't look that bad back then. Look at weddings pictures of people from the 80s. I bet 95% of the time the bride had on some hideous lacy thing with puffy sleeves, a lacy headband (why was that ever in vogue? LOL), and typical 80s hair. I'm sure those brides and most people thought they were pretty happening back then.

I think a variation of the Chelsea Clinton's Very Wang wedding dress would've look great on Kate. Or something like Halle Berry's Oscar dress but in white. That would've been romantic and "princess-y" without being overboard.

Satellitegirl
04-29-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm just glad Kate's dress wasn't trendy.

danceronice
04-29-2011, 07:49 PM
I think a variation of the Chelsea Clinton's Very Wang wedding dress would've look great on Kate. Or something like Halle Berry's Oscar dress but in white. That would've been romantic and "princess-y" without being overboard.

Blech, another strapless uniboob with a belt. The sooner the 'strapless ballgown' style goes the way of '80s puff sleeves, the better. Though Catherine might be slim enough to not look bad in it. Likewise, she might be slim enough not to have a paunch in Halle Berry's feathered monstronsity but as even Berry wasn't and actresses basically have to be emaciated these days to get work...

IceAlisa
04-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Kate was perfect. And the tiara choice too. First I thought it was a tiara that was under our radar but then they said it's the Scroll. It went so well with the dress and the overall look. :cheer2:

Skittl1321
04-29-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm just glad Kate's dress wasn't trendy.

It probably will be. Just the start of it. After 10 years of nothing but this dress, everyone will blame her for brides of all shapes and sizes who won't look nearly so elegant trying to pull it off.

/but anything is better than 80s headbands.

Rob
04-29-2011, 08:13 PM
I thought Kate's dress and veil were gorgeous and elegant. And that was one of my favorite tiaras - elegant and understated as far as tiaras go.

I never liked Diana's dress - she looked like the wedding cake.

taf2002
04-29-2011, 08:17 PM
It was a sign of the time. Diana's dress didn't look that bad back then. Look at weddings pictures of people from the 80s. I bet 95% of the time the bride had on some hideous lacy thing with puffy sleeves, a lacy headband (why was that ever in vogue? LOL), and typical 80s hair. I'm sure those brides and most people thought they were pretty happening back then.

I disagree...when I 1st saw Diana I couldn't believe what she was wearing. It was hideous then & it's hideous now. It was so overdone. I got married in the 80's too & when I went dress shopping I didn't see anything close to that dreck. She didn't even look like her dress fit her. She was swallowed up in it.

skatemommy
04-29-2011, 08:21 PM
The sooner the 'strapless ballgown' style goes the way of '80s puff sleeves, the better.

My thoughts exactly....most girls just can't

(but I rocked the headband in 1990 :lol:)

IceAlisa
04-29-2011, 08:26 PM
The strapless ball gown was all the rage when I got married. But being 5'2.5" it wasn't right for me--I'd look like a cream puff.

So I went with a form fitting silk satin gown instead. You have to do what's right for you and not follow the trend.

Is anyone else reminded of Ivanka Trump's wedding dress? (http://www.letitflow.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-newlyweds.jpg) I loved it then and am wondering if Kate's designer was influenced.

kwanfan1818
04-29-2011, 08:26 PM
I thought Diana Spencer looked terrific in that dress, like a 20-year-old of her time. Kate Middleton is a 29-year-old in her time, and I think she looked terrific, too.