PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41

Spiralgraph
04-29-2011, 05:23 PM
I liked the dress very much. She's not a young bride like Diana was At 29 Kate probably knows her own mind and knows what kind of dress she prefers and looks her best in. In another thread someone said this dress is classic, and will probably pass the test of time. I agree!

Aceon6
04-29-2011, 05:34 PM
I liked the dress very much. She's not a young bride like Diana was At 29 Kate probably knows her own mind and knows what kind of dress she prefers and looks her best in. In another thread someone said this dress is classic, and will probably pass the test of time. I agree!

Agree. As someone who married later, the less frou frou the better. It was a classic dress that fit the occasion. If you haven't yet, take a look at the close up photos of the appliques. Stunning. (and props to me for picking the scroll)

Frau Muller
04-29-2011, 05:35 PM

Queen Eliz II's little boxy pocketbooks are also 'classic.' I hope that Kate doesn't go that route!

Kate has such a lovely face & figure that one would love to see her dressed like a fairy-tale princess. That's what all of us watching anticipated.

William looked every inch a Romanoff Tsar. That's true glamour.

Satellitegirl
04-29-2011, 05:37 PM
If by fairytale princess you mean the dreck that Diana wore, no thanks lol.

milanessa
04-29-2011, 05:38 PM
That's what all of us watching anticipated.

I hope "us" are the people you watched with and you're not speaking for anyone else.

floskate
04-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Isn't one thread enough for you to post your 'opinions' on?

However uninformed and misguided they may be... :saint:

millipied
04-29-2011, 05:40 PM
She did look a little plain, it almost looked like she tried not to outshine the future king. And she succeeded. William was the one shining today.
Though the dress was pretty in the age-appropriate, understated and elegant way. However it is certainly better than that ghastly concoction Diana wore even by 80s standards.

orbitz
04-29-2011, 05:41 PM
I want to really like Kate's dress, but it looks a little bit too old-fashioned for such a young girl; It looks like something Queen Elizabeth II would've worn for her wedding in the 50s. I think Alexander McQueen himself would've designed something more modern and fresh if he was alive.

cruisin
04-29-2011, 06:24 PM
I just read that the tiara was the "halo tiara". Was that one mentioned by a different name?

Southpaw
04-29-2011, 06:29 PM
I want to really like Kate's dress, but it looks a little bit too old-fashioned for such a young girl; It looks like something Queen Elizabeth II would've worn for her wedding in the 50s.

:lol: That must be why I like it. I'm an old-fashioned 50s kind of gal myself.

ArtisticFan
04-29-2011, 06:34 PM
I was perfectly happy with the dress, veil, and tiara choice. I was actually disappointed in how Will and Harry looked. Poor Harry looked like he had a shrunken head.

danceronice
04-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Tiara was pretty if one of the plainer choices but...I was disappointed with the blah, matronly dress and the 1-layer plain veil. So much fuss for something one can buy at a consignment shop? Sorry but Diana wins 1,000-fold.

See, I think Catherine looked radiant and classic, like Grace Kelly (who in a royal-elegance beatdown would hand Diana her head without breaking a nail, though in fairness being a movie star Princess Grace just about had to be the prettiest princess EVER.) Diana just looked like a merengue poof with a bad haircut. Catherine's dress was big enough to deal with Westminster Abbey and clean enough to not add fifty pounds to a svelte frame.

kwanfan1818
04-29-2011, 06:35 PM
I want to really like Kate's dress, but it looks a little bit too old-fashioned for such a young girl; It looks like something Queen Elizabeth II would've worn for her wedding in the 50s.
But in 30 years, it won't look so '80's ;)

Skittl1321
04-29-2011, 06:37 PM
She did look a little plain, it almost looked like she tried not to outshine the future king. And she succeeded. William was the one shining today.

I disagree. I can't take my eyes off her in any picture she's in with him. The red is his only chance of being noticed next to her.

Skittl1321
04-29-2011, 06:38 PM
I just read that the tiara was the "halo tiara". Was that one mentioned by a different name?

It's also been called the Scroll tiara.