PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

skaternum
04-25-2011, 08:43 PM
If she makes an appearance outside, it looks like Kate will need an umbrella to stay dry on her wedding day. Current forecast calls for scattered rain showers on Friday.

In London? That's weird. What are the chances? :lol:

SHARPIE
04-25-2011, 09:04 PM
I am soooo excited! :cheer: Just watched the BBC 'Royal Romance' lead up prog and all emotional! LOL! I still remember the fun day that his parents' wedding was.

I am out on 'Kate's Hen Night' on Thursday, we are all wearing tiaras. Not drinking as not very ladylike and an early start the next day!

I am going to a full on tea party with a few friends that is kicking off at 10am here. We will all be waving our flags, have our bunting out while we eat cucumber sandwiches, scones and sip proper tea from nice china! Not sure what the complete menu is, but my one friend is a great cupcake maker and is making Red, White and Blue ones. I am in charge of sandwiches so cucumber, cucumber and cheese (my fave!) and Coronation (boom boom) Chicken sandwiches it is! All with the crusts cut off and in tiny triangles! Wheeeeee!!!!!!!!

IceAlisa
04-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Do you use cream cheese for the cucumber sandwiches? Here in the US that's what they use when they do high tea.

Aaron W
04-25-2011, 09:27 PM
skaternum, sounds like you are to hats what I am to menus :lol:

Lovely! We're doing scones etc plus tea and champagne toast early morning with the coverage, then late morning/noon will be the Wedding Breakfast. Going the full English - eggs, homemade sausage, grilled tomatoes, colcannon potatoes. I'm impressed you are making your own baked beans - I have resorted to Heinz :)

Then there will be Afternoon tea - no scones this time, but I am determined to make a Victoria Sandwich, and there will be savoury sandwiches as well - cucumber of course, plus the required Coronation Chicken. For the latter, I will be eating chicken for the first time in a year just for this occasion :drama:. I won't be doing the traditional million ingredient version though - mine is much simpler with just chicken, raisins, celery, mayo and good curry powder.

Dinner is full prime rib with all the trimmings!

I am soooo excited! :cheer: Just watched the BBC 'Royal Romance' lead up prog and all emotional! LOL! I still remember the fun day that his parents' wedding was.

I am out on 'Kate's Hen Night' on Thursday, we are all wearing tiaras. Not drinking as not very ladylike and an early start the next day!

I am going to a full on tea party with a few friends that is kicking off at 10am here. We will all be waving our flags, have our bunting out while we eat cucumber sandwiches, scones and sip proper tea from nice china! Not sure what the complete menu is, but my one friend is a great cupcake maker and is making Red, White and Blue ones. I am in charge of sandwiches so cucumber, cucumber and cheese (my fave!) and Coronation (boom boom) Chicken sandwiches it is! All with the crusts cut off and in tiny triangles! Wheeeeee!!!!!!!!

Both of these sound good to me. Wish I could be in two places at once! Of course the company would be fabulous as well! :)

skaternum
04-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Do you use cream cheese for the cucumber sandwiches? Here in the US that's what they use when they do high tea.

Not in my part of the US. We use butter.

Jenny
04-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Both of these sound good to me. Wish I could be in two places at once! Of course the company would be fabulous as well! :)

You'd look cute in a tiara!

Garden Kitty
04-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Washington Post "commentary" on the wedding (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/post/prince-william-and-kate-middletons-fairytale-fail/2011/03/03/AFJiopjE_blog.html?hpid=z4)

Aceon6
04-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Washington Post "commentary" on the wedding (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/post/prince-william-and-kate-middletons-fairytale-fail/2011/03/03/AFJiopjE_blog.html?hpid=z4)

Decent snark. The columnist might like it here.

Coco
04-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Tips from DM on an english breakfast
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-1380301/How--cook-English-breakfast.html

Parsley Sage
04-26-2011, 03:19 AM
I'm making chocolate biscuit cake
http://www.canadianliving.com/food/the_queens_chocolate_biscuit_cake.php
and probably some scones.

I'm also tempted to make Eton Mess which is supposed to be one of William's favourite desserts
http://www.joyofbaking.com/EtonMess.html

danceronice
04-26-2011, 03:24 AM
What, no kippers?

Eee! I have a tin of kippers in the pantry, that's perfect (I'm not calling it breakfast--at 3am it's a midnight snack.)

SHARPIE
04-26-2011, 06:42 AM

Yeah that's what I meant, forgot a word! :)

Unlike Jenny, I am buying pre made Coronation Chicken sandwich filler :lol: (Didnt see your post until Aaron quoted it! Sounds like we'd have a blast as our ideas for this whole she bang are pretty similar!)

IceAlisa
04-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Yum.

I am going to set the DVR to BBC America as they promise to go commercial free.

Heard on the radio that the British bookies are taking bets on things varying from Harry forgetting the ring to Prince Philip falling asleep during the ceremony. Why aren't they betting on the tiara?

AragornElessar
04-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Just about to go to bed, but...

Sadly, for me as God knows I need a vacation and *not* a trip where I end up doing things due to me being where ever due to a Medical Appt which will be happening second week of May, it turns out I won't be going down to Toronto for CSOI this year. Due to my Dad's health, I didn't feel comfy booking a room too far in advance and that was a mistake!! Seems everything, at least where I usually stay, is booked solid.

Seems I underestimated how many people are getting married to share the day w/William and Catherine or having a Party in the Hotel w/their friends. Combine CSOI and the Opening Weekend of The Lion King's engagement at the Princess of Wales Theatre and...

I'm staying home.

Which in a way isn't a bad thing, as I was actually wondering if I'd be able to enjoy the show knowing the shape I'd be in Friday late afternoon/evening. So while I'm dissapointed I'm missing the show, I can't say I'm disappointed about not having to watch the Wedding in a Hotel Room.

First big event since we got HD!!! Wheee!!!! :D :D :D

Now I have to figure out my own menu. One thing I do know is that there is no English Breakfast Tea in this house and I'll have to figure out a way to get into town before Friday for that and other supplies/food.

Getting so excited!!! :D :D

skatefan
04-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Fergus, Jenny, SHARPIE, those menus sound :swoon:

Not in my part of the US. We use butter.
Yeah, thinly sliced white bread, butter, cucumber. In triangular quarters, crusts off ;)

I'm also tempted to make Eton Mess ...
Go for it :cheer2:

Why aren't they betting on the tiara?

They are :)

The pundits' 'favourite' tiara is the George III (the Russian Fringe tiara) given by the Queen to Kate as a wedding gift ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8473251/Royal-wedding-gambler-hopes-to-pocket-72000-on-Kate-Middleton-tiara-bet.html