PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Aceon6
04-24-2011, 11:03 PM
You know that dress had to be pressed and pressed because it was so huge, for a few days before the wedding.

I chose a lightweight silk shantung even though it was more costly, just so I could avoid wrinkle-land.

Jenny
04-25-2011, 01:49 PM
My mother came over for Easter yesterday, and she came bearing gifts - yes, I am now the proud owner of this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1365155/Royal-wedding-How-knit-Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-corgis.html

Bless her she was so excited about it, adding all kinds of details of her own, but then was gracious enough to say she didn't expect me to display it or even keep it, because she had just had a lot of fun doing it. :)

Parsley Sage
04-25-2011, 01:56 PM
My mother came over for Easter yesterday, and she came bearing gifts - yes, I am now the proud owner of this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1365155/Royal-wedding-How-knit-Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-corgis.html

Bless her she was so excited about it, adding all kinds of details of her own, but then was gracious enough to say she didn't expect me to display it or even keep it, because she had just had a lot of fun doing it. :)

;) Or you can make your own version of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJwTejGSb5k

skatemommy
04-25-2011, 02:23 PM

This is SO cute! Thanks for sharing!

skatefan
04-25-2011, 03:19 PM
;) Or you can make your own version of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJwTejGSb5k
:rofl: :rofl: omg the Conga line :rofl: and Brian May :lol:

Fergus
04-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Only a few more days!!! :biggrinbo

And thank goodness I have taken the week off from work! I am swamped with my hostess prep!

And yes, we have chosen to skip the cockles and haggis and will have the Welsh rarebit and shortbread instead. I was tempted to make an improv cold seafood salad that we could call "cockles", but as my better-half so wisely said:

"Who the f*ck would want shellfish at 6am? And I am NOT going to the fish market at 5am while you beat your face". :lol:

Aceon6
04-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Only a few more days!!! :biggrinbo

And thank goodness I have taken the week off from work! I am swamped with my hostess prep!

And yes, we have chosen to skip the cockles and haggis and will have the Welsh rarebit and shortbread instead. I was tempted to make an improv cold seafood salad that we could call "cockles", but as my better-half so wisely said:

"Who the f*ck would want shellfish at 6am? And I am NOT going to the fish market at 5am while you beat your face". :lol:

What, no kippers?

Jenny
04-25-2011, 05:32 PM
[I]

Full menu please!

Now that Easter is behind us, I can also concentrate on this fully. I need to plan out the shopping and what I can prepare ahead of time, so that Friday is a relaxed day of indulging in the coverage, cooking, eating and drinking. Thank goodness it's a Friday! Plus as I have mentioned before, this kicks off anniversary weekend for us, so much excitement in the air at my house :)

As for the bazillion tv specials and media coverage in advance, I'm skipping nearly all of it. Soooo tired of speculative slapped together "reports." After the fact I'll likely pick up the gossip mags for their take and pictures of everyone (DYING to see what Victoria Beckham wears!), but that's it.

skaternum
04-25-2011, 05:40 PM
My friends & I have finally settled our plans. We're on the US East Coast, so we'll be making good use of the DVR. :) We'll gather at 8 in our Westminster Abbey wedding attire (my hat is fab-u-lous, if I say so myself) for a wedding breakfast. We'll be having Bloody Marys, mimosas, blueberry & currant scones, Belgian waffles, eggs benedict, and (of course) English Breakfast tea.

We'll DVR 2 different channels -- BBC America and a still to be chosen fluff channel where we can be sure of lots of snark.

And, as I expect Kate to do, I shall change into my tiara after the ceremony. The Skaternum Monarchy is nothing if not flexible.

Fergus
04-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Oh and um, WORLDS, finally, almost forgot that! :lol: I'll be up so early each day I'll be in bed right after the U/S rebroadcast at night! :coffee:

Fergus
04-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Menu:

Eggs anyway you like (*The better-half used to be a short order cook at a beach club ;) )
Homemade corn beef hash
Sausage (pork, beef, & chicken)
Mama Fergus' baked beans, which we always have at summer bbq's, but its so sweet with molasses and savory with thick bacon slices, it just might work for breakfast!
Thick sliced grilled tomato
My usual bagels-n-fixings platter
Nana Fergus' sodabread :swoon:
Welsh rarebit, which sounds sorta good and easy enough!
Shortbread cookie sandwiches with jam

Coffee, tea, Bloody Mary's, & Champagne! :40beers: Got some great Bellini and Kir Royal mixers from Stonewall Kitchen. :summer:

Jenny
04-25-2011, 06:04 PM
skaternum, sounds like you are to hats what I am to menus :lol:

Menu:

Eggs anyway you like (*The better-half used to be a short order cook at a beach club ;)
Homemade corn beef hash
Mama Fergus' baked beans, which we always have at summer bbq's, but its so sweet with molasses and savory with thick bacon slices, it just might work for breakfast!
My usual bagels-n-fixings platter

Lovely! We're doing scones etc plus tea and champagne toast early morning with the coverage, then late morning/noon will be the Wedding Breakfast. Going the full English - eggs, homemade sausage, grilled tomatoes, colcannon potatoes. I'm impressed you are making your own baked beans - I have resorted to Heinz :)

Then there will be Afternoon tea - no scones this time, but I am determined to make a Victoria Sandwich, and there will be savoury sandwiches as well - cucumber of course, plus the required Coronation Chicken. For the latter, I will be eating chicken for the first time in a year just for this occasion :drama:. I won't be doing the traditional million ingredient version though - mine is much simpler with just chicken, raisins, celery, mayo and good curry powder.

Dinner is full prime rib with all the trimmings!

Fergus
04-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Wowza, I applaud your industriousness in planning such an all day menu. I'm afeared that after one too many toasts to HMQ and the happy couple that I'll be down for a very looooong afternoon nap.

Dinner is full prime rib with all the trimmings!

BUT a roast does sound like a delightful idea for much later in the evening and basically makes itself, hmmmm......! Could be a very Gosford Park-esque evening, bias cut evening gowns, tiaras, murder in the library, red wine, port, watch the replay.........! :lol:

Jenny
04-25-2011, 06:45 PM
BUT a roast does sound like a delightful idea for much later in the evening and basically makes itself, hmmmm......! Could be a very Gosford Park-esque evening, bias cut evening gowns, tiaras, murder in the library, red wine, port, watch the replay.........! :lol:

Oh I wish. We caught up on the new Upstairs Downstairs last night, and I must say the 1930s is a fabulous period for fashion and decor. I absolutely adore Gosford Park.

Sadly however I am not that fashionable, but I am very interested in menus and recipes and food traditions, and we do love to cook. Our motto has always been "any excuse to celebrate" so this is all a huge pile of fun for me!

Aaron W
04-25-2011, 07:43 PM
If she makes an appearance outside, it looks like Kate will need an umbrella to stay dry on her wedding day. Current forecast calls for scattered rain showers on Friday.