PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

milanessa
04-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Just for curiosity's sake, I went over to EBay last night. Just to see what was there and...Talk about a Royal Boo Boo!!

Cup Marking The Royal Wedding, but the wrong Prince!! (http://cgi.ebay.ca/Kate-Harry-Kate-Royal-Wedding-Error-Mug-/140535283651?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b88e3fc3)

Tempting...Very, very, very tempting!!! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional. You can order all sorts of things like that with whatever you want on them. Notice it doesn't specify the maker.

Civic
04-24-2011, 01:12 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional. You can order all sorts of things like that with whatever you want on them. Notice it doesn't specify the maker.

:lol:If I were Prince William I'd buy one of those mugs for its humor value. I can picture him showing it to their children years from now and telling the story of how the mug maker got it wrong and put Uncle Harry's photo on the mug next to Mummy instead of his.

Aceon6
04-24-2011, 01:28 AM
So does Westminster Abbey means she will have to wear long sleeves?

Shoulders must be covered, so we could see anything from cap sleeves to long ones.

nerdycool
04-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Looking through the released list of names from the Guest List. Odd that it's only Prince Phillipe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium, when in fact they are the *Crown* Prince and Princess of Belgium.Yeah, I noticed that too about CP Phillipe and Mathilde. I also noticed that some people got real names, and some only got their titles. Nit-picky, I know, but one would think they'd have a consistent listing style, considering that's an official site and all.

And although they likely have very good reasons for not being there, I'm very sad I won't get to see CP Mary of Denmark, CP Mette-Marit of Norway and Queen Rania of Jordan. They are probably 3 of the most stylish & beautiful women around, and I always look forward to seeing what they'll be wearing. I guess I'll just have to make do with Princess Letizia & Charlene Wittstock. :)

Prancer
04-24-2011, 01:06 PM
I agree that Diana's dress was never really stylish in an absolute sense. It was, however, copied a thousand times over. Her clothes at the time were very stylish.

Hmmm. I always thought that Diana was considered rather frumpy in her early days, both before and after she married. She was even on a worst-dressed list at one point. It wasn't until the 90s that she became a fashion icon.

ITA. The thing that bothered me most was the stupid bow on the front.

God, yes, that was a dreadful touch. But there were so many dreadful things about that dress--the collar! The sleeves!

The best thing you can say about that dress was that it was really memorable. I remember that I thought Fergie had a much more flattering gown, but I don't remember what it looked like.

milanessa
04-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Besides it being poofy, the thing I remember most about Diana's dress was it needed ironing. So many wrinkles! :lol: I'll bet mlp was in catatonic shock.

Coco
04-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Hmmm. I always thought that Diana was considered rather frumpy in her early days, both before and after she married. She was even on a worst-dressed list at one point. It wasn't until the 90s that she became a fashion icon.

I think it was one of the reasons people loved her so much. They got to watch the transformation.

LadyNit
04-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Hmmm. I always thought that Diana was considered rather frumpy in her early days...

The best thing you can say about that dress was that it was really memorable. I remember that I thought Fergie had a much more flattering gown, but I don't remember what it looked like.

The problem with Fergie's wedding style is the veil (http://img205.imageshack.us/i/0012011dm.jpg/) and the ringlets. :yikes: Talk about twee bows. :scream:

IceAlisa
04-24-2011, 04:47 PM
The problem with Fergie's wedding style is the veil (http://img205.imageshack.us/i/0012011dm.jpg/) and the ringlets. :yikes: Talk about twee bows. :scream:

O.M.G. :scream: I was tempted to hit the "report abuse" button underneath the photo. This IS abuse of wedding gown and veil.

manleywoman
04-24-2011, 04:53 PM
I was a little girl when DIana got married, and I thought it was the most beeeyootiful dress ever!

Than I grew up.

I saw it again last night. Blegh. IT really did wear her. You could dress a large village with the amount of fabric they used in that thing.

PDilemma
04-24-2011, 04:58 PM
I was a little girl when DIana got married, and I thought it was the most beeeyootiful dress ever!

Me, too. :D

It was a dress that appealed to little girls' notions of a princess. And it was very 80s, as well.

She was very young and she seemed to have little control over anything about the wedding or even her life once their engagement was official. So I suspect that she had little input into that dress.

IceAlisa
04-24-2011, 05:12 PM
A friend is getting married in a few weeks in a Romona Keveza, either this (http://www.onewed.com/wedding-dresses/designer/romona-keveza/dress/sweetheart/sheath/floor-length/rk225/#photo_id=4333) or this one (http://www.onewed.com/wedding-dresses/designer/romona-keveza/dress/sweetheart/sheath/floor-length/rk223/), can't quite remember. In either case, they are gorgeous and represent "the modern princess" so much more than the disaster Diana wore. But no strapless for Kate.

skatesindreams
04-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Collection of newsreel footage from weddings of British Royals:
http://www.britishpathe.com/workspace.php?id=10826&view=list

AragornElessar
04-24-2011, 09:54 PM
I didn't catch this boo boo on the Official List at the Official Site, but someone at the Royalty MB I belong to did...

King Simeon II and Queen Margarita of the Bulgrarian"

How in the name of everything holy and sacred do you screw that up!?!

redonthehead
04-24-2011, 10:54 PM
I plan on sticking with CBC here but like redonthehead I want to hear what Randy from Say Yes to the Dress thinks of the dresses too.

Has he made any predictions about the dress?

Not that I've heard. But maybe I missed them.

Besides it being poofy, the thing I remember most about Diana's dress was it needed ironing. So many wrinkles! :lol: I'll bet mlp was in catatonic shock.

On the Today Show or either Lifetime's Royal Wedding (may have been both), they said her dress was so wrinkled because the train barely fit in the carriage! They showed a clip of her getting out of it and how wrinkled it was. My thought was I'm sure the Queen,dressmakes, and servants were so embarrassed! You know that dress had to be pressed and pressed because it was so huge, for a few days before the wedding.