PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

milanessa
04-23-2011, 06:45 PM
I think it's perfectly fine for her to wear a dateable trend.

I agree. There's nothing anyone can wear that won't look dated in20 years. I do disagree that Diana's dress was stylish at the time. It was fugly then and it's fugly now.

maggylyn
04-23-2011, 07:02 PM
I do disagree that Diana's dress was stylish at the time. It was fugly then and it's fugly now.

Absolutely agree.

:P

IceAlisa
04-23-2011, 07:24 PM
I do disagree that Diana's dress was stylish at the time. It was fugly then and it's fugly now.

So very true. I expect Kate's to be vastly more elegant. So on which rude Amerikan TV channel is the wedding being broadcast? I think I may DVR it.

allezfred
04-23-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm going to be able to snark live on this from work as Irish TV is showing it. Wheeee! :D

mag
04-23-2011, 07:31 PM
I agree that Diana's dress was never really stylish in an absolute sense. It was, however, copied a thousand times over. Her clothes at the time were very stylish. We may look back now and wonder, but at the time, she was considered a young, fresh, stylish breath of air. She was also 10 years younger than Kate is now. Diana was 19 when she chose her dress so I will forgive her for that. Interestingly, Diana had two children (8 & 6 years old I believe) and was well on her way to leading a separate life from Charles, all by the time she was Kate's age. Remember the scandal when Charles didn't show up to a 30th birthday do for Diana?

IceAlisa
04-23-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm going to be able to snark live on this from work as Irish TV is showing it. Wheeee! :D

I look forward to the live snarks more than to the event itself. :P

AragornElessar
04-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Looking through the released list of names from the Guest List. Odd that it's only Prince Phillipe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium, when in fact they are the *Crown* Prince and Princess of Belgium. Quite a few Gulf Royals attending. That should help out Kate's Jewelry Box rather nicely. ;)

Of all the names though, these two choked me up a bit...

Miss Holly Dyer
Holly is sister to 2nd Lieutenant Joanna Dyer, who was killed by a bomb in Iraq in 2007. Joanna was a close friend of Prince William's at Sandhurst. In a statement released by Clarence House at the time, Prince William said he was "deeply saddened to hear the tragic news and he is very much thinking of her family and friends right now and they will remain in his thoughts and prayers."

Mrs. Susie Roberts
Susie Roberts is the widow of Major Alexis Roberts, who was killed in Afghanistan in 2007. Major Alexis Roberts was Prince William's Platoon Commander at Sandhurst. In a statement released at the time, Prince William said he was deeply saddened to learn of Major Robert's Death. The Prince remembers him with 'great fondness and respect'.

Remember during Remebrance Week, and a couple of days before the Engagment Announcement, that William visited the British Troops in Afghanistan and laid a wreath at their Service of Remembrance? Both of their names were among those mentioned William misses "dreadfully" on his personal message card on the Wreath he laid.

Nice their family members will be attending the Wedding.

millipied
04-23-2011, 07:56 PM
I thought Diana's wedding dress was ugly.

emason
04-23-2011, 07:58 PM

Diana, unfortunately, didn't wear the dress; the dress was wearing her.

Aceon6
04-23-2011, 08:20 PM

ITA. The thing that bothered me most was the stupid bow on the front. Train aside, it looked more like a little girl's princess dress than a bridal gown.

numbers123
04-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Diana's dress was fugly even for an '80's gown. I thought that at the time too. But I always wondered how much of that gown was really want she wanted or a statement of what someone (not Diana) thought a gown for a Princess should be. Like the train had to be xxx feet long to be a real princess wedding gown.

Personally, I think a simple elegant gown is best, but no one asked me.

skatesindreams
04-23-2011, 08:31 PM
I always wondered how much of that gown was really want she wanted or a statement of what someone (not Diana) thought a gown for a Princess should be.

This!
The designers, perhaps?

AragornElessar
04-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Just for curiosity's sake, I went over to EBay last night. Just to see what was there and...Talk about a Royal Boo Boo!!

Cup Marking The Royal Wedding, but the wrong Prince!! (http://cgi.ebay.ca/Kate-Harry-Kate-Royal-Wedding-Error-Mug-/140535283651?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b88e3fc3)

Tempting...Very, very, very tempting!!! :D

danceronice
04-24-2011, 12:35 AM
That's not a good look for Kate. She looked a lot more appealing with a few more pounds on. Bridal nerves? I remember unintentionally losing some weight in the few weeks leading up to the wedding. Good thing it wasn't too much or the dress wouldn't have fit. And I wasn't about to become a princess with millions around the world scrutinizing.

Also ages you like whoa--skinny people show wrinkles and stressed skin a lot more. Five pounds one way or another can make you look ten years either way. (I can tell when I'm at my heavy end of normal two ways--people underestimate my age by a much bigger margin, and little old Italian men approve of my figure.) Supposedly she and her mother are fans of some low carb diet so I'm sure it's at least in part intentional.

Going to be interesting to see the dress--at least the done-to-death strapless ballgown is right out (without lots of covering.) Thank you, Westminster Abbey. Who wants to look like a picture from a David's ad?

IceAlisa
04-24-2011, 12:41 AM
So does Westminster Abbey means she will have to wear long sleeves?