PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

skatingfan5
04-23-2011, 01:12 AM
But does this mean we can wear brown shoes with black now? I love that dress on her.Those shoes are not really "brown" -- they are camel/tan, and that has always been appropriate with black.

That's not a good look for Kate. She looked a lot more appealing with a few more pounds on. I also think she looked better when she had a few more pounds -- the tendons in her neck didn't seem so prominent back when the engagement was announced (http://nadinejolie.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/prince-william-kate-middleton-interview.jpg).
Bridal nerves? I remember unintentionally losing some weight in the few weeks leading up to the wedding. Good thing it wasn't too much or the dress wouldn't have fit.Could be bridal nerves. I remember letting out the seams on my sister's dress a week before the wedding because it was a little tight across the back. And then she lost about 10 pounds in the next 7 days and it was loose! :eek: Fortunately the style didn't show that, but I could have saved myself several hours of sewing. :lol:

Aceon6
04-23-2011, 01:19 AM
To my eye, she looks thin but healthy. I'm 5'8" and normally weighed about 130 before my wedding. The day of, I weighed 118. I don't think I ate more than one meal a day during the last few weeks. Between working full time and doing the wedding stuff, it was go go go 18 hours a day.

IceAlisa
04-23-2011, 01:29 AM
Saw an almost exact replica of Kate's engagement dress at Neiman Marcus by Catherine Malandrino. It was on the sale rack. Is the rage over?

Coco
04-23-2011, 03:11 AM
I think that her parents are also throwing a second "reception" at the hotel for their out of town guests who aren't invited to the Buckingham Palace reception. I think her family will be at the Palace, of course. No word on whether or not W&K will make it to the hotel reception.

Wyliefan
04-23-2011, 03:20 AM
Could be bridal nerves. I remember letting out the seams on my sister's dress a week before the wedding because it was a little tight across the back. And then she lost about 10 pounds in the next 7 days and it was loose! :eek: Fortunately the style didn't show that, but I could have saved myself several hours of sewing. :lol:

That's it, I've gotta find me a man. I've been trying to lose the same five pounds for months. :lol:

milanessa
04-23-2011, 03:28 AM
I think that her parents are also throwing a second "reception" at the hotel for their out of town guests who aren't invited to the Buckingham Palace reception. I think her family will be at the Palace, of course. No word on whether or not W&K will make it to the hotel reception.

Of course they will.

Civic
04-23-2011, 04:04 AM
In 2006, my poor niece had to go to nearly a dozen stores in both Boston and NYC to find a simple column dress that wasn't strapless. The one she chose was lovely, but it was a royal pain to find it.

I know at least two brides who wound up having their dresses made because they couldn't find wedding gowns with sleeves in the stores. The only off-the-rack choices were strapless or halter tops. This was in September when bridal salons presumably had their fall/winter line in stock.

Civic
04-23-2011, 04:15 AM
These people imply that there is a finite capacity to care or to know about world issues. Goodness forbid we escape the hardships of the world and of our daily lives to look at the pretty pageantry.

I care about pediatric cancer, genocide in Darfur, figure skating and Kate's tiara. I am a complicated woman. :rolleyes:

:respec:Well said.

AragornElessar
04-23-2011, 04:55 AM
HM The Queen has given her Official Consent to the Marriage...

National Post ~ Queen consents to royal wedding (http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/04/21/queen-consents-to-royal-wedding/)

The actual, what we would call, Marriage Licence is pictured w/that article and if you've never seen one of these before, then click on that link. They are truly works of art.

IceAlisa
04-23-2011, 04:56 AM
In 2006, my poor niece had to go to nearly a dozen stores in both Boston and NYC to find a simple column dress that wasn't strapless. The one she chose was lovely, but it was a royal pain to find it.

When I was getting married spaghetti straps were still in, thank goodness. Mine was a Jim Hjelm knock off. :P I really didn't want strapless, pain in the butt unless it comes with a corset that keeps it in place.

I looked at the JH current collection and a lot of them are indeed strapless. Some are one shoulder.

Jenny
04-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Selected guest list - http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.org/blog/2011/April/23/Selected-Guest-List-for-the-Wedding-Service-at-Westminster-Abbey

Wyliefan
04-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Some are one shoulder.

:scream: One-shoulder dresses are ugly enough in general, but a one-shoulder wedding dress. . . .

skatesindreams
04-23-2011, 03:30 PM
HM The Queen has given her Official Consent to the Marriage...

National Post ~ Queen consents to royal wedding (http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/04/21/queen-consents-to-royal-wedding/)

The actual, what we would call, Marriage Licence is pictured w/that article and if you've never seen one of these before, then click on that link. They are truly works of art.

Thanks very much for this.

IceAlisa
04-23-2011, 05:46 PM
:scream: One-shoulder dresses are ugly enough in general, but a one-shoulder wedding dress. . . .

I think anything that puts your dress very easily into a particular season's trend isn't a good idea. People would be looking back at the photos saying "Oh remember that 2010-11 trend for XYZ?"

I do like one shoulder dresses on occasion though. I would wear this one (http://www.fashionfuss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/alexander-wang-satin-jersey-one-shoulder-dress.jpg).

Skittl1321
04-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Is one shoulder a trend now? I wore tons of one shoulder shirts in college, in 2003...

I think it's perfectly fine for her to wear a dateable trend. In 300 years, people will use Kate's dress to date what people wore in this time period (I imagine an SCA type thing... using her dress as a period reference.) By wearing a trend, it will preserve for history what people wore in 2011. Look at Diana's dress- without a doubt that tells you what the style was like at the time.

I got married in a strapless gown and loved it. It didn't fall down- so there was no hiking it up, I didn't have arm fat (do now... won't wear strapless anymore). I don't care that it's "so 2000s" because I got married in the 2000s, and when I look at my Mom's dress it's "so 70s"- because that's when she was married. I think both are classic in their lines though, that neither of us will be looked upon by our children's children and wonder what the hell we were thinking- and I think that's the most important thing. But my wedding pictures will be lost to history...Kate's will be preserved.