PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Parsley Sage
04-22-2011, 06:46 PM
What's wrong with wishing Prince William and Catherine the happiness and joy that Diana and Charles never had?
That's something that most of us should be able to agree about, whatever our country/political beliefs.

Especially when it seems they already have much more happiness and joy than his parents did.

The other board I frequent has a few people that are planning on watching but most of them don't really care.

Wyliefan
04-22-2011, 07:10 PM
These people imply that there is a finite capacity to care or to know about world issues. Goodness forbid we escape the hardships of the world and of our daily lives to look at the pretty pageantry.

I care about pediatric cancer, genocide in Darfur, figure skating and Kate's tiara. I am a complicated woman. :rolleyes:

:) Nicely said.

Gazpacho
04-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Kate's (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1378900/Kate-Middleton-spends-days-freedom-royal-wedding-shopping-Kings-Road.html) lost a ton of weight! :eek: Diana did too leading up to her wedding, but Kate started out thinner than Diana. Doesn't Buckingham Palace know that bone-thin brides aren't good for breeding? :P It also looks like she had some more work done on her under-eyes.

Damn, being a royal bride ain't easy.

Skittl1321
04-22-2011, 08:57 PM
She looks very thin, but still healthy. I think if a millions of people were expected to watch my wedding, I would have lost quite a bit of weight too. Everyone I know dieted for their wedding.

How does a British size 8 translate to US sizes? She looks very thin for an 8, but I always have a hard time understanding the sizes that tall people have to get.

But does this mean we can wear brown shoes with black now? I love that dress on her.

KikiSashaFan
04-22-2011, 09:09 PM
I think an 8 in UK sizes is either a 4 or 6 in the US.

kwanfan1818
04-22-2011, 09:09 PM
It's called the Hessen Aquamarine tiara, and is part of a set.
It's beautiful.

I haven't heard anything about it, but my opinion is that it shouldn't matter whether she alters it or not. It's HER ring now, she can do with it as she chooses.
Unless he gave proposed on her birthday, Christmas, Valentine's Day, or other gift-giving holiday, it's not hers to keep until they are married.

I went to the ballet last night (Midsummer Nights Dream) and at various points every female dancer on stage was wearing a tiara.
Oh, oh, who danced? Seven of the eight dancers who are leaving at the end of the season had prominent parts, and I heard so many reports from friends about how wonderful they were, that it must have been bittersweet.

How does a British size 8 translate to US sizes?
For women, subtract 4 from British sizes to get American sizes. She's a 4 in North America, and a 38 in Europe. (Men's sizes are the same in Britain and NA.)

Wyliefan
04-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Thin is one thing, but she does look a bit bony. Get some extra helpings of that wedding cake, girl!

Skittl1321
04-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Okay a 4 would make sense. I'd call her a 0, but tall people rarely are even if they have the same measurements as us shorties.

I hope she plumps up just a bit after the big day. Just a little too skinny, but still healthy looking.

cailuj365
04-22-2011, 09:34 PM
I just want to say that Kate Middleton is my style icon. I loooove the way she dresses.

Aceon6
04-22-2011, 09:40 PM
I just want to say that Kate Middleton is my style icon. I loooove the way she dresses.

I hope she keeps it up. She's just as likely to turn up in a $100 dress as a $1000 one. Most of her best everyday looks are accessible to the rest of us. Of course, I won't look THAT good.

purple skates
04-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Unless he gave proposed on her birthday, Christmas, Valentine's Day, or other gift-giving holiday, it's not hers to keep until they are married.

I was curious about this so I looked it up. Assuming Wiki is right, it depends on where you live. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engagement_ring

In the United Kingdom, the gift of an engagement ring is presumed to be an absolute gift to the fiancée. This presumption may be rebutted however by proving that the ring was given on condition (express or implied) that it must be returned if the marriage did not take place, for whatever reason. This was decided in the case Jacobs v Davis [1917] 2 KB 532.

Not that I think Kate's going to break the engagement between now and next Friday. :lol:

Rafter
04-22-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm in London right now and there is definitely a buzz in the city about The Wedding. ;) Regent St looks spectacular with the British flag hung about 4 or 5 across and as far down as the eye can see. Tons of store windows and pub signs have messages of congratulations for William and Catherine. Exciting time to be in London. Only wish I were here next Friday!

liv
04-23-2011, 12:37 AM
I hate to say it, but those last few pictures of Kate are not her best. She looks way too skinny. HOpefully it's just stress of wedding and once it's over, she'll gain a little bit back to put more roses in her cheeks. I have just never seen the bones in her chest before and i don't think it's a good look on anyone. She had curves before.

I'd love to be in London to see it decked out like that. Sounds wonderful! I hope it's sunny and warm on the day.

IceAlisa
04-23-2011, 12:45 AM
That's not a good look for Kate. She looked a lot more appealing with a few more pounds on. Bridal nerves? I remember unintentionally losing some weight in the few weeks leading up to the wedding. Good thing it wasn't too much or the dress wouldn't have fit. And I wasn't about to become a princess with millions around the world scrutinizing.

nerdycool
04-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Tim Gunn just announced that ABC asked him to contribute to Nightline's coverage of the wedding. That would be fun channel to watch!

FWIW, I think the extreme bony look on her chest is a result of some Photoshopping enhancements. Not saying it's not bony, just not as bad as those pictures make it out to be. But as for being too thin, I don't think she's at that point yet. I wouldn't want to her to lose any more though.