PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

redonthehead
04-22-2011, 03:14 AM
ETA- in the US, what channel is everyone watching/taping? I see Piers Morgan and Cat Deeley with Anderson Cooper are the CNN hosts. I love Cat, but I don't know if I can take Piers.

I'm going with NBC and may flip to TLC some. I want to hear what Randy from Say Yes To The Dress has to say about the dresses Lol But I love the NBC crew so I'll probably stick with them mostly.

mysticchic
04-22-2011, 04:24 AM
Also, I'm sure the hotel is getting a pretty penny to let the media take photos and video of the inside of Kate's room.

AragornElessar
04-22-2011, 04:48 AM
I'm with Meryl! :) Honestly, there's enough grim news in the world. Why shouldn't we enjoy a wedding? I'll grant that some of the hype is over the top, but it's pretty easy to tune out if you really want to.

Exactly!! My friend in Christchurch, New Zealand can't wait for next Friday because added into all of the other reasons to tune in, for one day she can forget for a little while what life is like in that area right now. She's even having some friends over to watch, as while her part of the area has gotten their power back, theirs hasn't and as she told me, they need a reason to celebrate/break from Reality for a little while right now.

I *knew* there was a reason why I liked Meryl. ;) (I actually do, but this just adds to that.)

And it's not past Midnight here yet, so I'll join Fergus in that toast to Her Majesty and hope she had a lovely 85th Birthday!!

:40beers:

She's 85 and Phillip's 90 this year. I hope I'm that w/it and in as good a shape as they are when the time comes. :)

centerstage01
04-22-2011, 12:48 PM
I'll probably start out with BBC America, but flip around CNN and/or NBC and ABC. I've surprised myself by how I'm looking forward to next week and I'm not even British. I guess I just like weddings and the happiness everyone feels on their special day. Plus, I really like Kate and William and hope they can get a few moments to themselves so it all doesn't rush by in a big blur.

Rob
04-22-2011, 03:31 PM
I got up in the middle of the night to watch Charles and Diana's wedding. I doubt I will do that, but I will DVR and FF.

Parsley Sage
04-22-2011, 03:33 PM
I plan on sticking with CBC here but like redonthehead I want to hear what Randy from Say Yes to the Dress thinks of the dresses too.

Has he made any predictions about the dress?

skatesindreams
04-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Even though I'll DVR it, I'll be setting my alarm, as well,

I just found this at YouTube:

The Royal Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRoyalChannel

IceAlisa
04-22-2011, 05:24 PM
I didn't realize people are offended by the attention to the royal wedding. :rolleyes:

milanessa
04-22-2011, 05:36 PM
I didn't realize people are offended by the attention to the royal wedding. :rolleyes:

People just need something to bitch about, apparently. I'm sure some of my snarks annoy folk.

Skittl1321
04-22-2011, 05:38 PM

It's the same people who complain that the news never reports anything positive. But then anytime there is a happy "fluff" story like this they complain that it's not real news...

Personally, this thread is about where I've gotten 99% of my wedding news. I see links on msnbc, but they are pretty easy to gloss over. At least in the US, I don't think it's overbearing at all.

PDilemma
04-22-2011, 05:38 PM

Check out the comment section of any article on the web about it. And Ed O'Donnell ranted about it on his MSNBC show last week prompting a Daily Kos rant/diary about how people need to pay attention to the world's problems and not this wedding.

It all reminds me of the people I know who go on about how people who care about sports are shallow and not concerned enough with "important stuff" (my SiL likes to pull that lecture on me now and then).

Roger Angell answered them well in a piece called "Game Six", writing about baseball, but I think it applies to any collective diversion. He (eloquently) points out that it might not matter what we care about, but rather that we all care together.

IceAlisa
04-22-2011, 05:47 PM
These people imply that there is a finite capacity to care or to know about world issues. Goodness forbid we escape the hardships of the world and of our daily lives to look at the pretty pageantry.

I care about pediatric cancer, genocide in Darfur, figure skating and Kate's tiara. I am a complicated woman. :rolleyes:

skatingfan5
04-22-2011, 05:56 PM
These people imply that there is a finite capacity to care or to know about world issues. Goodness forbid we escape the hardships of the world and of our daily lives to look at the pretty pageantry.

I care about pediatric cancer, genocide in Darfur, figure skating and Kate's tiara. I am a complicated woman. :rolleyes:And I'm sure that you also managed to squeeze in a bit of caring about your family, too. ;) But I suppose those who are complaining have a very limited supply of attention/care which might be seriously depleted by something as benign as a royal wedding.

Since I usually wake up by 5:00 a.m. CDT, I'll probably watch a good bit of the wedding before I leave for work. ABC has the best reception for me, so that's probably what I'll watch.

PDilemma
04-22-2011, 06:06 PM

I care about pediatric cancer, genocide in Darfur, figure skating and Kate's tiara. I am a complicated woman. :rolleyes:

:cheer:

Precisely. And I feel sorry for people who have no escapism in their lives. But I have a hunch that all the people looking down at their noses at someone's preferred method of escaping the horrors of the world for a bit are doing some escaping of their own no matter what they say.

skatesindreams
04-22-2011, 06:22 PM
What's wrong with wishing Prince William and Catherine the happiness and joy that Diana and Charles never had?
That's something that most of us should be able to agree about, whatever our country/political beliefs.