PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Octoberopals
02-08-2011, 09:45 PM
I would imagine that the choice will depend on if Kate's hair is worn up or down.

Jenny
02-08-2011, 10:00 PM
I would imagine that the choice will depend on if Kate's hair is worn up or down.

I would think it would be the other way around, no?

susan6
02-08-2011, 11:18 PM
I prefer the tiaras with more rounded designs as well.

I really, really hope she gives the Diana-realted ones a complete miss. The ring's enough, and why ASK for exactly what the blogger predicts: "Who wore it best?" (Does ANYONE think the press wouldn't be classless enough to pull that?)

I would pay money to see Joan Rivers compare the two in the "B**ch Stole My Look!" segment of an episode of Fashion Police.

stanhope
02-09-2011, 02:33 AM
I picked the Queen Mum's Scroll Tiara. I love Kate's style - simplistic and elegant - which is what that tiara says to me. :)

Does anyone know if the wedding will be available to watch online? I'm in the US and don't have a TV...

nerdycool
02-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Does anyone know if the wedding will be available to watch online? I'm the US and don't have a TV...God I hope so. If we go by the recent Swedish royal wedding, the US got squat on TV. CNN bought the rights to it and didn't even show it live... we just got little clips of it throughout the day. Good thing it was shown live online. But Charles & Diana's wedding was shown live, so maybe we'll get it live? Who knows.

oleada
02-09-2011, 03:44 AM
I like the Rundell, the Fringe and the Kokoshnik :inavoid:

SwingDancer
02-09-2011, 05:19 AM
I love the The Girls of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Tiara, it is perfect.

The real story behind all of the Crown Jewels that we see, that once belonged to the Romanovs is that, the King and Queen refused to save their Russian cousins from being murdered by the Boleshiviks, BUT they had no problem buying their crown jewels at marked down prices.

nerdycool
02-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Well.... technically, Queen Mary didn't buy the Russian crown jewels. Those were taken by the Bolsheviks. She did purchase a number of items from various exiled Romanovs, including some from the Dowager Empress Maria Feodorovna (the sister of Queen Alexandra of England). But there is no reason to believe that those pieces were anything but personal property. And since the market was absolutely flooded with jewels at the time, Queen Mary actually paid them more than what they would have gotten had they went elsewhere. But anyway, the only royal pieces in that link that had previously belonged to a Romanov were the Vladimir diadem & the Sapphire & Diamond Bandeau. Everything else is purely English.

And not to go further off-topic than I already have, but I do have to clear up some misconceptions. Yes, George V did initially invite the Imperial Family to England. Yes, he later reneged that invitation for fear of bringing revolution within his own realm. But when this all went down, no one knew that the entire family would be murdered. Not even the Bolsheviks knew what would happen. Had George V known what their fate would be, would he have changed his mind? I would hazard a guess that he would have at least found a place for them somewhere outside of England... Canada, Ireland or even Australia. As the ruler of over half the globe, I'm sure something could have been arranged.

IceAlisa
02-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Nice bling! I love the Strathmore and voted for it. Did anyone click on the link to the Queen's Burmese Ruby tiara? Holy cow. :eek: I think it's stunning.
http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/2009-1027-britain-elizabeth4.jpg

But I am kinda annoyed that they took donations from girls to finance the Girls of GB and Ireland tiara. Really, buy it with your own money.

AragornElessar
02-09-2011, 07:04 AM
It was a different time for starters, but the Girls of GB and NI was a wedding gift to Princess Mary, later Queen Mary from the people of the country she was going to be Queen Consort to. I don't get the problem there truthfully.

I know someone asked about my calling her "Katherine" instead of "Catherine" and I freely admit to screwing up that one. It was also my personal bias sneaking in there, as I just plain prefer Katherine. I always have hated how it looks spelled w/a "C" for some unknown reason, so...Mea Culpa on that one. :)

John 3 17
02-09-2011, 02:07 PM
I chose the Strathmore because I'm a girly-girl and I love roses, darn it!

Thanks for the fun link, Araorn Elessar!

-Bridget

Mevrouw
02-09-2011, 03:42 PM
It's likely that she will not wear a tiara until after they are married and are coming back down the aisle together. Diana did the same and so did Sarah Ferguson.

Parsley Sage
02-09-2011, 03:54 PM
It's likely that she will not wear a tiara until after they are married and are coming back down the aisle together. Diana did the same and so did Sarah Ferguson.

Diana was wearing her tiara from the start as were Sarah and Sophie. Sarah's was under her floral wreath. Even Autumn Kelly wore a tiara.

overedge
02-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Maybe her choice of tiara will depend on her choice of a dress. Just a thought.

danceronice
02-09-2011, 07:07 PM
I believe, at least the show I saw that had an interview on the matter with the Duchess of York's dress designer said, Sarah wore flowers with her veil, and switched to the tiara without the blusher.