PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

redonthehead
04-18-2011, 05:35 PM
So on the Today Show this morning they were talking about the dress. They said that Kate is having 3 wedding dresses made so that if one is leaked she still has some surprise dresses to pick from. Anyone else heard anything about this?

My thought on it is that maybe it's 3 different dresses to wear to the wedding, reception, and dinner.

PDilemma
04-18-2011, 05:37 PM
So on the Today Show this morning they were talking about the dress. They said that Kate is having 3 wedding dresses made so that if one is leaked she still has some surprise dresses to pick from. Anyone else heard anything about this?

My thought on it is that maybe it's 3 different dresses to wear to the wedding, reception, and dinner.

That would be hard, I would think. Because if she has had three dresses made and fitted, you know she wants to wear a particular one more than the others. Maybe they will purposely leak one next week to get the press off track????

Jenny
04-18-2011, 05:51 PM
I wonder what their source is, and the exact wording conveyed by that source - I'm inclined to believe it's 3 dresses for the different events of the day. Having three fully done wedding dresses made would seem a waste of money and time and not something this couple would do. I'm more and more sure that they or their designers are leaking rumours on purpose.

Only 11 days to go!

El Rey
04-18-2011, 06:24 PM
I wonder what their source is, and the exact wording conveyed by that source - I'm inclined to believe it's 3 dresses for the different events of the day. Having three fully done wedding dresses made would seem a waste of money and time and not something this couple would do. I'm more and more sure that they or their designers are leaking rumours on purpose.

Only 11 days to go!

I watched some royal wedding stuff this past weekend, and they interviewed the designer of Princess Diana's dress. She said that they designed two dresses for Diana in case her wedding dress was leaked.

nerdycool
04-18-2011, 07:40 PM
I agree with Jenny. Dress leaks are probably being done on purpose to throw people off the trail. And while I could see 2 dresses being created just in case, but 3, not so much. That's a bit excessive.

And as long as I'm giving my opinion, can I just state that I hope she doesn't have a coat dress? She can do so much better. CP Letizia rocked hers, but all the others ones I've seen were just kinda :blah:. Besides, everyone expects the dress to be fashion forward, and a coat dress has been done before in the British royal family. Sophie's was unexceptional and Camilla's was nice and age appropriate, but hardly ground-breaking. I guess I just expect more from Kate.

danceronice
04-19-2011, 12:38 AM
That would be hard, I would think. Because if she has had three dresses made and fitted, you know she wants to wear a particular one more than the others. Maybe they will purposely leak one next week to get the press off track????

Actually it just came out in this pre-wedding brouhaha that Diana had done exactly that--had two dresses, and if the real one had been leaked she'd have worn the backup. So I would bet they DO have a plan and at least one 'decoy' or one alternate if the real design gets out somehow.

redonthehead
04-19-2011, 01:03 AM
They were also talking about Diana and how she used a sack cloth to practice walking with her dress and train into the church and how Kate was practicing too. They said that no matter what the dresses looked like, to expect there to be a long train because of the Abbey. They also said that Diana was "rumpled" when she got out of the carriage because her train was so long it hardly fit and that they were sure Kate's wouldn't be that long but it would be long.

They also said that Kate wants flowers in her hair and that she seems to be winning that battle. Kate's mom supposedly had a break down at her dress designers and changed her whole dress.

Personally I do think there are at least 2 dresses just in case something happens to 1 of them.

redonthehead
04-19-2011, 04:18 AM
So, we watched the Lifetime movie and it's really cheezy. We laughed a lot while watching it though there are some sad parts in it too.

Supposedly it was based on facts from friends and insiders. My favorite parts in the movie were 1)where they said "I love you" the first time...."Kate's" words were "I love the public you. I love the private you. And I love the you only I get to see". True or not that part was so sweet! and 2) they actually didn't have any sound when he asked her to marry him but the scene was absolutely gorgeous!

aftershocks
04-19-2011, 05:04 AM
I read recently that Catherine said she admires the wedding dress of Princess Grace

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1020&bih=509&q=Princess+Grace+wedding+dress&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=

So perhaps, Catherine's dress will be an updated take, maybe with 3/4 length sleeves?

Lots of Royal fashion followers are saying that Catherine won't want to be showing too much skin out of respect for the venue, and that a more modern form-fitting dress would also not be quite grand enough for the huge, historic church.

Civic
04-19-2011, 05:19 AM
The rumoured designer is the designer of the coat she wore to a wedding late last year

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2011/01/11/kate-middleton-recycles-from-her-own-chic-closet/

If the leak is true, I'm wondering if she's going to go the coat dress look like Princess Letizia

http://personales.ya.com/fororeal/photogallery.htm

The coat dress look is a good choice for the sophisticated bride who wants a gown that will cover her arms and shoulders.

Vagabond
04-19-2011, 08:08 AM
She will wear the Corwin Tiara (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAA0TJuISNU). :sekret:

Parsley Sage
04-19-2011, 02:41 PM
They were also talking about Diana and how she used a sack cloth to practice walking with her dress and train into the church and how Kate was practicing too. They said that no matter what the dresses looked like, to expect there to be a long train because of the Abbey. They also said that Diana was "rumpled" when she got out of the carriage because her train was so long it hardly fit and that they were sure Kate's wouldn't be that long but it would be long.

I have the book about the making of Diana's dress. She wore a crinoline for the rehearsal and to practice getting in and out of the coach. The designers used cotton fabric mock ups of the dresses for fittings so they would only have to cut the actual dress fabric once. There is also a picture of her back up dress.

PDilemma
04-19-2011, 05:23 PM
She will wear the Corwin Tiara (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAA0TJuISNU). :sekret:

OMG....you got me with that. :rofl:

Now I will slink away feeling stupid. :slinkaway

Holley Calmes
04-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Don't feel alone. It got me too! Good laugh though-thanks!

Jenny
04-19-2011, 06:18 PM
For those following along at home, the official wedding programme will be available for download 24 hours before the event: http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.org/blog/2011/April/19/The-Official-Souvenir-Wedding-Programme

This is also kinda cool - the Middleton family has been granted a Coat of Arms: http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.org/blog/2011/April/19/New-Coat-of-Arms-for-Miss-Middleton-and-her-family

I feel like the Queen et al are trying to right some wrongs of the past and really embrace the Middleton family. It might actually be to their advantage that they are commoners, and therefore don't already have a whole set of rules and protocols associated with their place in British nobility. The Queen and her heirs can perhaps break new ground here, and do things in a modern way.