PDA

View Full Version : What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

milanessa
04-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Security is one area I don't think they have any choice about. The apparent future King of England will be protected.

Good luck to them. :)

MNC
04-09-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't really care if the The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara is associated with Diana, it's nice and it reminds me stylistically of the ones off the Tudor era (as an avid fan of the The Tudors :grope:) and it will go very nicely with her hair.

Parsley Sage
04-10-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm wondering if she's going Sarah Ferguson's route there, myself. As she IS a commoner until she says "I do" the tiara is a bit OTT. Do the ceremony, sign the book, swap the flowers and veil for some bling once she's officially a member of the Royal Family.

I'm thinking she wouldn't want to be compared to Sarah Ferguson.

Parsley Sage
04-13-2011, 04:41 PM
"The Other Guys", the a capella vocal group from St Andrews University has a tribute for Wills and Kate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAlnM7RUDcA

Sasha'sSpins
04-14-2011, 05:58 AM
I voted for the The Duchess of Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara. I think most of the tiaras would overwhelm her because she has a simpler, more youthful style.

Isn't her name Catherine? :shuffle:

I voted for The Duchess of Teck's Rose and Crescent Tiara too!

The Russian style ones especially seem too severe for Catherine.

Sasha'sSpins
04-14-2011, 06:07 AM
Well.... technically, Queen Mary didn't buy the Russian crown jewels. Those were taken by the Bolsheviks. She did purchase a number of items from various exiled Romanovs, including some from the Dowager Empress Maria Feodorovna (the sister of Queen Alexandra of England). But there is no reason to believe that those pieces were anything but personal property. And since the market was absolutely flooded with jewels at the time, Queen Mary actually paid them more than what they would have gotten had they went elsewhere. But anyway, the only royal pieces in that link that had previously belonged to a Romanov were the Vladimir diadem & the Sapphire & Diamond Bandeau. Everything else is purely English.

And not to go further off-topic than I already have, but I do have to clear up some misconceptions. Yes, George V did initially invite the Imperial Family to England. Yes, he later reneged that invitation for fear of bringing revolution within his own realm. But when this all went down, no one knew that the entire family would be murdered. Not even the Bolsheviks knew what would happen. Had George V known what their fate would be, would he have changed his mind? I would hazard a guess that he would have at least found a place for them somewhere outside of England... Canada, Ireland or even Australia. As the ruler of over half the globe, I'm sure something could have been arranged.

Was the British monarch truly 'ruling' by then? I thought British monarchs only actually 'reign' since about the time of the Regency or William IV-a Constitutional monarchy I mean??

Civic
04-14-2011, 08:51 AM
I think they really do want to live a simpler life (and have a simpler wedding) than most of their station. Haven't they said they're eschewing household help? They may be a bit naive about exactly how they're going to be able to live their early married life but it's refreshing, IMO.
I'm all for understatement and simplicity. However, Kate is marrying a future King of England. This wedding isn't a celebration of she and Prince William's love as nuch as it is a state occasion. This demands a certain formality and observance of protocol.

milanessa
04-14-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm all for understatement and simplicity. However, Kate is marrying a future King of England. This wedding isn't a celebration of she and Prince William's love as nuch as it is a state occasion. This demands a certain formality and observance of protocol.

Even royalty evolves - or devolves, depending on one's point of view about pomp and circumstance. ;)

skatesindreams
04-14-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm sure that there will be "formality and protocol"' mixed with "pomp and circumstance" , aplenty!
It will still be present, even if the wedding has a more "Twenty-First Century" tone.

nerdycool
04-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Was the British monarch truly 'ruling' by then? I thought British monarchs only actually 'reign' since about the time of the Regency or William IV-a Constitutional monarchy I mean??It's just an expression. Exactly like what it means when someone says the US President is "ruler of the free world"... everyone knows that they're really not, but they still have a ton of power to get things done.

IceAlisa
04-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Someone had already photoshopped our poll winner the Strathmore Rose onto Kate's head:

http://img198.imageshack.us/i/katestrathmore.jpg/sr=1

I think it looks great.

Parsley Sage
04-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Another Royal Wedding tribute video, this time from t-mobile. Really good casting in this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEhtLug

Civic
04-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Someone had already photoshopped our poll winner the Strathmore Rose onto Kate's head:

http://img198.imageshack.us/i/katestrathmore.jpg/sr=1

I think it looks great.

Yes, it does. I didn't vote for this one but I like the way it looks on her. I was worried that such an informal hair style might not lend itself to tiaras. However, the Strathmore Rose looks fine with Kate's hair.

LadyNit
04-16-2011, 02:03 AM
Yes, it does. I didn't vote for this one but I like the way it looks on her. I was worried that such an informal hair style might not lend itself to tiaras. However, the Strathmore Rose looks fine with Kate's hair.

Has she said she's wearing her hair down for the wedding?

nerdycool
04-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Here's an interesting gallery (http://news.instyle.com/photo-gallery/?postgallery=48217#1) of tiara sketches made by various jewelers at the request of InStyle.com. They speculate that she'll wear one already owned by the royal family, but did this just for fun.

My personal favorites are #1, #6, #8 (which is reminiscent of this tiara (http://coloreddiamond.info/index.php?action=dlattach%3Btopic=2804.0%3Battach= 24073%3Bimage) once owned by Grand Duchess Elizaveta Feodorovna of Russia)