PDA

View Full Version : US Nationals Exhibition Saturday 2/5 on NBC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]

TanithandBenFan
02-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Glad that they showed the two Novice-solo winners but I was really hopin' for Courtney Hicks. Or maybe she was ill and didn't skate in the live exhibition?

Courtney skated in the exhibition, but my memory is failing me right now as to what she skated to. :slinkaway

I wish Dean and Charlotte could've made the broadcast. They did their Charlie Chaplin FD from last year, and it was a big hit with the crowd.

figure85
02-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Agree with the the comments on Marley/Brubaker. Don't get me wrong I'm so happy he found a partner and they are doing so well in such a short amount of time. Of course the focus is to continue working on techinque but AT SOME POINT they need to address the creepy factor. I HOPE the frozen fake smile will go away as she gets more comfortable in front of an audience.

The Shib-Sibs were awesome...and I usually don't like bro/sis teams but they were great.

I heart D/W on cuteness. I wasn't the biggest fan of last years ex. way too dark/sad/depressing...but this just makes me :)

Overall great show.

moebius
02-08-2011, 12:50 AM
I think Rachel was over emoting in that exhibition, making it seem unnatural. Some skaters can be expressive without overdoing it, like Lambiel, thus making it look natural. Rachel isn't one of them and may never be, as it's something that can't become natural by practice. But at least she's trying. You can tell whose inherently artistic and who had to 'learn' it. Those who are inherently artistic are born with it.

orbitz
02-08-2011, 02:22 AM
[QUOTE=Frau Muller;3066762]Who would have guessed that Rachael Flatt would be able to make such a dramatic shift in her skating artistry this season. Gotta give it to her...she listens to the feedback/criticisms, and continues to strive to make changes. Really liked the version of "Your Song" she used from Moulin Rouge. And, I suspect she choregraphed the program herself as I think our group recognized the ftwk sequence from her new EOE SP.

The whole ina bauer into SLF sequence was lifted directly from her EOE program. I don't like it when skaters reuse choreography set to different music. It cheapens the original program somehow, IMO.

Ryan got some crazy s**t tricks. I hope he doesn't injure himself coming up with those things. The back flip from the curved entrance was out of this world insane.