PDA

View Full Version : US Nationals Exhibition Saturday 2/5 on NBC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

mtnskater
02-06-2011, 01:01 AM
The exhibition was great, lots of fun and lots of emotional moments.

Highlights to me:

All the U.S. ice dancers!! The top three teams are so much at the pinnacle of the sport. Chock & Zuerlein were absolutely stunning and breathtaking. I agree they should consider R&J for a free dance. The Shibutani's are visions of beauty both physically and the way they skate. They make me want to skate the second I see them. Davis & White have a really fun and stunningly difficult exhibition. A cornucopia of talent and beauty in U.S dance.

Mirai Nagasu's "Fireflies"! Different and engaging. I liked it alot. She's so accomplished as a skater and should not be sitting on the couch at Worlds.

Evora & Ladwig! Absolutely stunning and spellbinding number. They looked the part and the skating was devine and moving. They are light years ahead of Denny & Barret in the refinement department.

Jeremy Abbott! He has a future as a choreographer! That was such a unique and memorable program. His skating skills made Ross Miner's pale in comparison back to back. Still think USFS was nuts to leave him off the world team by such a slim margin in the score.

Ryan Bradley! Very entertaining and audience friendly. Wow didn't know he could spin this fast or skate this fast. I guess he slows down during competition with nerves. Amazing quad. This program is infinitely superior to his freeskate. I hope he uses another program for worlds. So glad he got his national title. HOpe he's back next year.

Evan Lysacek! Great, commanding skate. I think this costume is great on him (despite previous posts). Love hearing a U.S. man introduced as Olympic Champion. It's been awhile!

Other random comments: Loved the bit with Ryan and John and their friendship. Since I'm originally from Missouri, I love seeing these MO boys doing well. Like Agnes...she is so promising. Can really perform at 16. Dornbush also has promise...I hope he can improve his posture because it will make all the difference in his skating. This was not Alissa's best but at least I have her short and free on tape. So wrong that Adam Rippon did not skate in this exhibition. One bad competition at Nationals and you are banned to the hinterlands! (Johnny Weir anyone!?!?)

Theatregirl1122
02-06-2011, 01:53 AM
So wrong that Adam Rippon did not skate in this exhibition. One bad competition at Nationals and you are banned to the hinterlands! (Johnny Weir anyone!?!?)

Is this supposed to be sarcasm? Because otherwise I don't get it. Adam didn't skate because he was not top 4. The top 4 in each senior discipline skated. It's pretty simple.

YukiNieve
02-06-2011, 02:27 AM
Evan's El Tango de Roxanne (Thanks for uploading!) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXVMouHs0d0

nubka
02-06-2011, 02:41 AM
I have to say, I am not to found of Rachel's pink dress.

The pink was a lot lighter and softer looking in person. On tv it looks almost hot pink. I thought the dress look really nice on her. She should always wear sleeves...

SkateFan66
02-06-2011, 02:55 AM
Evan's El Tango de Roxanne (Thanks for uploading!) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXVMouHs0d0

:cheer: :cheer2: :encore:

:respec::respec::respec:

Carolla5501
02-06-2011, 03:22 AM
The commentators say there are no skating fans who weren't happy when Ryan won.

The commentators do not read FSU.

No, the commentators know to IGNORE this place where reality is fiction and vice versa. :lol:

My favorite part of the show... the interview with the teddy bear. :)

BittyBug
02-06-2011, 05:22 AM
My favorite part of the show....Evan. He was so sharp, and he totally owned that program. He's just in a different league.

Also loved Chen, Dornbush and Zawadski.

Jenna
02-06-2011, 06:01 AM
Ewww Lysacrap!!

master of being quadless!

LOL the system was revised to try to prevent quadless wins. Yeah right on quadless lysacrap in sochi

Bitter? :P

moebius
02-06-2011, 06:09 AM
I hate how they're equating North American with athletic and Russian with artistic.

Why make that specific distinction as if it's always true?

Because in general, that is pretty much true. Not in every case, but in most cases.

caseyedwards
02-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Bitter? :P

100%

chipso1
02-06-2011, 06:15 AM
Ewww Lysacrap!!

master of being quadless!

LOL the system was revised to try to prevent quadless wins. Yeah right on quadless lysacrap in sochi

I know I'm a few hours late in reading this thread, but do you realize how fcuking annoying you sound? You hate Evan, we get it. STFU already.

YukiNieve
02-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Jeremy's Rhythm of Love exhibition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l8QLRo_mcY

ryanbfan
02-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Loved Ryan's exhibition <3.

He skated it so fearlessly and carefree.

orbitz
02-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Alyssa :eek: ... yeah, it's only an exhibition, but when she missed both of her jumping passes, I'm sure it got some USFSA officials worried again. Please don't do that at the SP at Worlds.

Evan - He showed the audience why he's champion. Great intensity and performance from him.

Nathan Chen - Scott described his program as "busy" :lol:.

Dornbush - there's something very surfer dude/ just got out of bed dorkiness look about his face. I noticed he tends to look down and his shoulders hunch up; He needs to get rid of that.

paskatefan
02-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Live highlights for us - Amanda & Mark, Nathan Chen, Ross Miner skating to "the Boss," The Shibutanis, Jeremy's program.

We haven't played back the TV coverage yet, but there was a very touching moment when Caydee & Jeremy skated the final minute to a program by the pairs' team that was supposed to skate at the 1961 Worlds that would have been in Prague. They showed the video of the entire original performance, and then Caydee & Jeremy joined in.