PDA

View Full Version : US Nationals Exhibition Saturday 2/5 on NBC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

caseyedwards
02-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Better than Plush the only thing I can do is a quad in Sochi. :P

c'mon, caseyedwards, put 'em up. I'm feeling nostalgic for a Plush v. Lysacek :revenge:

LOL maybe in Sochi it would be "does lysacek know the tweaks in the system well enough to be competitive now?" LOL!! And there were HUGE tweaks after he won!!

skatesindreams
Bravo, Evan. His technique is still all there and the performance quality is refined and powerful. I'm very impressed.

I think that DWTS, which some decry, helped develop his "performance quality".

HeatherC
So now that the broadcast is over, they officially chacked the Hubbells (mercy chack IMO because Madison was not over her skates at all and fell twice on random stuff in their program), all the junior champs, the novice pairs and dance champs, and some of the fluff that was done in the arena. Not too bad overall although it's a shame they chacked all the juniors this year because they were enjoyable too.

DORISPULASKI
02-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Bonaly one foot backflip landing! Too bad about all the illegal moves and lyrics otherwise that would be a good competitive program.

I think this is what Ryan planned to use as an LP before his mom talked some sense into him. He cited he was going to skate to words and do funny and illegal stuff. Wonka looks like it (Love the oompah loompah part just to pieces--and the way you think he's going to do a jump and it turns out to be a one foot back flip is just awesome!

(please redo Wonka as an LP?????)

Garden Kitty
02-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I saw the exhibition in Greensboro, and it was great to see it again. So much talent and promise in the younguns and it was nice to see them having fun. Loved seeing Jeremy doing a more light program that showed a fun side. I'm looking forward to seeing John and Caitlin become more comfortable with the spotlight that comes with being the National Champion - I think they're a great team and the extra exposure will really help them. She's just adorable and he has to be one of the nicest people around.

Mark and Amanda are so entertaining to watch and even with her jump problems, Alissa is so elegant on the ice. I loved how "the bear" responded that he admired her perseverance.

And good job for Evan, he really had a presence and command of the ice, and the audience loved the routine.

I wish they showed some clips of the finale and all the skaters running aorund tossing the gifts to the audience. The skaters always seem to have so much fun during that segment. Overall the exhibition was a nice mix of fun, elegance and good skating.

HisWeirness
02-05-2011, 09:48 PM
LOL maybe in Sochi it would be "does lysacek know the tweaks in the system well enough to be competitive now?"
LOL don't you realize that if 2014 COP required Evan to do a 3Lz while patting his head and rubbing his belly he would find a way to do it with +3 GOE and 10% bonus? LOL!!!!

Matryeshka
02-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Today, I am officially one with the universe. I should buy a lottery ticket or something. Evan, Mirai, Alissa, Jeremy, all my favorite US skaters in one place doing fab exhibitions, and when I went out to switch cars around, Rhythm of Love was playing on the radio.

shan
02-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Did I hear Sandra call Hannah Miller "Daniella" at the end of her performance?

caseyedwards
02-05-2011, 10:16 PM
LOL don't you realize that if 2014 COP required Evan to do a 3Lz while patting his head and rubbing his belly he would find a way to do it with +3 GOE and 10% bonus? LOL!!!!

Maybe he could do THAT but all indications are a quad is out forever.

Did I hear Sandra call Hannah Miller "Daniella" at the end of her performance?

I checked and I didn't hear that. She said her whole name but right before was a loud "Umbrella"

LilJen
02-05-2011, 10:18 PM
:duh: didn't realize this was on. Or it must have gotten preempted, because I was flipping channels while cutting out some material and didn't see it.

Yazmeen
02-05-2011, 10:20 PM
LOL the system was revised to try to prevent quadless wins. Yeah right on quadless lysacrap in sochi

Ahh, and knowing that Evan skating at this exhibition got your little asshat knickers in such a bunch made his program all the more enjoyable for me. Thanks, honeybunch.:40beers::encore::encore::encore: :D

shan
02-05-2011, 10:21 PM
I checked and I didn't hear that. She said her whole name but right before was a loud "Umbrella"

Okay that makes sense! :lol: Thanks.

love skating
02-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Kudos to NBC for showing so many performances. I thought we'd get way more skaters chacked. I don't know why they always do the strange re-ordering of the lineup though. Ever since they began airing Nationals, they've done the exhibition that way. There was a digital clock in the arena and you can see it change from after nine o'clock to before eight and back to nine, etc. :D

Theatregirl1122
02-06-2011, 12:36 AM
So now that the broadcast is over, they officially chacked the Hubbells (mercy chack IMO because Madison was not over her skates at all and fell twice on random stuff in their program), all the junior champs, the novice pairs and dance champs, and some of the fluff that was done in the arena. Not too bad overall although it's a shame they chacked all the juniors this year because they were enjoyable too.

That's actually really impressive. Only one senior team (that really didn't skate well) chacked and two novice champs shown. That's great for NBC!

Ahh, and knowing that Evan skating at this exhibition got your little asshat knickers in such a bunch made his program all the more enjoyable for me. Thanks, honeybunch.:40beers::encore::encore::encore: :D

Word.

Yazmeen
02-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Wonderful show, but I was very disappointed that they didn't show Courtney Hicks, the Junior Ladies champ. Really wanted to see her.

Adored Ryan, Jeremy's program was truly great, and loved Alissa laughing after she splatted - I'm guessing that was probably due to an extreme lack of sleep on Saturday night (um, Sunday morning?). At least the guys still had their post-comp adrenaline going!

Favorite program was Evora and Ladwig; only those two could take Disney music and cheesy Disney costumes and make it something absolutely beautiful. Favorite costume was Caydee's unitard. She may be young, but girl has a rockin' bod, I'd kill for my back to look 1/10th as good.

Mirai was delightful. And Rachael...sigh...very nice program, another unfortunate dress.