PDA

View Full Version : Mao Wins Nobel Praise

WayCon
01-27-2011, 04:33 AM
I just found an interesting video on the net. The man who is interviewed in the first part of this clip is Nobel Laureate Ei-Ichi Negishi.

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/2010/negishi.html

A friend of mine translated what he said. Professor Negishi admits that he enjoys skating and is a Mao Asada fan. Not such bad company.

Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohj6v-O5vqo

Bogie
01-27-2011, 04:45 AM
Thought you wrote "Nobel Prize" for a moment there...was trying to figure out what category she would fit in!

Ozzisk8tr
01-27-2011, 04:50 AM
Thought you wrote "Nobel Prize" for a moment there...was trying to figure out what category she would fit in!

Prettiest friend maybe?

JamieSix
01-27-2011, 06:13 AM

I thought that, too.

Man, that would be such an awesome thing!

Domshabfan
01-27-2011, 06:52 AM
Well, I too thought she got a Nobel Prize, and after Obama I am willing to think they could find a way to give those prize for good intensions, and I am sure Mao is person with good intensions.

I am sure I am going to get a lot of flack for this post, but couldn't resist.

RunnersHigh
01-27-2011, 06:52 AM
FYI, the up-loader recapped the vid.

Nobel prize winner Professor Negishi is a fan of Mao Asada. He says, "I am a BIG fan of Mao! I get excited by her skating.".
Japan volleyball team's ace Saori Kimura respects Mao Asada. She says, "I respect Mao though she is younger than I. Volleyball is team sport, but figure skating is individual sport. She shouldered hope of the Japanese and fought by herself under terrible pressure. I thought she is so tough when I watched her performance on TV.".

They are great supporter. In Japan, hearty Mao supporter is called Maomao-Taishi.

WindSpirit
01-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Nobel has been dead for a loooong time. I find the title misleading which you probably did on purpose. I also am not sure if Great Skate Debate is an appropriate forum for it.