PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Wagner in Washington Post

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

genevieve
01-27-2011, 01:49 AM
I had no idea she's had those problems. Glad they are all cleared up and good luck this week! :)

Chris_E
01-27-2011, 03:23 AM
Apparently (according to her twitter) Ashley has come down with the flu. How unfortunate. Maybe it will be a good distraction from overthinking about her skating and somehow she'll blow everyone away.

RD
01-27-2011, 03:31 AM
^ not to mention it lowers expectations

smarts1
01-27-2011, 01:17 PM
NO!!!!!! Please skate lights out tonight Ashley. :(

Hopefully she can pull a Sasha...

MikiAndoFan#1
01-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Oh Ashley. :wuzrobbed I had no idea she had such a serious health problem. :( I hope she has a great time at nationals and hope she kicks butt! :kickass: Go Ashley! :cheer2:

smarts1
01-28-2011, 03:25 AM
:( I hope she can come back strong in the long. I think having the flu really affected everything.

Civic
01-28-2011, 05:03 AM
Can anyone link me to the TV broadcast schedule for 2011 US Nationals?

Dufusyte
01-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Notice it was a chiropractor (Eastern Medicine) who provided the correct diagnosis and treatment. All the mainstream (Western Medicine) doctors were stumped.

Go chiropractors!

Check out the skepticism in the Oxford English Dictionary for word "chiropractor"

"a system of complementary medicine based on the diagnosis and manipulative treatment of misalignments of the joints , especially those of the spinal column, which are believed to cause other disorders by affecting the nerves, muscles, and organs."

"Are believed" suggests skepticism. Why not just say "which cause other disorders" or "which can cause other disorders" or "which sometimes cause other disorders".

If Ashley wins I hope she tells the interviewer, "I would like to thank my chiropractor for making this possible!"

I'm on this soapbox because insurance does not provide the same level of coverage for visits to chiropractors, thus discouraging people from going to them. The tables are tilted to put the chiropractors out of business, and drive patients to the Western doctors who prescribe expensive medicines sold by pharmaceutical companies, rather than curing people by straightening them out and showing them how to take care of themselves.

Marco
01-28-2011, 05:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzQYjLCFons

This was not nearly as bad as her marks or reaction made it out to be. I think she can definitely catch up to at least 4th in the free. Although I must say another trip Worlds seems very unlikely now, 4CCs is still very possible.

RD
01-28-2011, 05:33 PM
two of Flatt, Nagasu, Czisny have to totally bomb the free. One of the 3 is possible, two seems unlikely.

pinky166
01-29-2011, 04:56 AM
two of Flatt, Nagasu, Czisny have to totally bomb the free. One of the 3 is possible, two seems unlikely.

But they don't have to bomb really, Ashley is 9 points back, so that's like the difference between a 125 FS and a 116 FS. So if Ashley gets a 125 and Alissa gets say, a 114, Ashley would beat Alissa overall but Alissa technically wouldn't have bombed, she just wouldn't have skated her best. The same is true for Mirai and Rachael. If Ashley is good but not great, then it's likely the others will have to bomb at least somewhat for her to beat them, but if Ashley skates light out, she can still beat the other girls if the others skate ok but not great.

IceAlisa
01-29-2011, 05:39 AM
Notice it was a chiropractor (Eastern Medicine) who provided the correct diagnosis and treatment. All the mainstream (Western Medicine) doctors were stumped.

Go chiropractors!

Chiropractic is not an example of Eastern medicine. It has its origins in the early 20th century US.

RD
01-29-2011, 05:51 AM
But they don't have to bomb really, Ashley is 9 points back, so that's like the difference between a 125 FS and a 116 FS. So if Ashley gets a 125 and Alissa gets say, a 114, Ashley would beat Alissa overall but Alissa technically wouldn't have bombed, she just wouldn't have skated her best. The same is true for Mirai and Rachael. If Ashley is good but not great, then it's likely the others will have to bomb at least somewhat for her to beat them, but if Ashley skates light out, she can still beat the other girls if the others skate ok but not great.

Is Wagner even CAPABLE of 125? Even if she goes clean there are jump issues that always hold her back.

Triple Butz
01-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Is Wagner even CAPABLE of 125? Even if she goes clean there are jump issues that always hold her back.

At US Nationals, she definitely is. They haven't ever called her flutz and sometimes even her two-foots seem to be overlooked.

smarts1
01-29-2011, 01:39 PM
^ She has shown this season she is capable of landing her jumps cleanly without landing on two feet (COR)... And she always has given strong LPs at Nationals. Her jumps, when clean, receive big marks, so she is definitely capable of 125.