PDA

View Full Version : For 99 cents, Taco Bell doesn't serve true beef ?!?! Oh, the horror..ble lawsuit

Pages : 1 2 [3]

BigB08822
01-26-2011, 09:09 PM
No one has more Mexicans than Houston, haha, not even Mexico! :p

mysticchic
01-26-2011, 10:26 PM
I've never gotten sick from Taco Bell, but I do sometimes avoid the beef. You can fake out beef, but chicken is chicken. :)

Next time you get chicken, look at the lable. I bought some amish chicken a week ago and on the lable there was a few things added including water. No wonder the chicken shrinks.

PDilemma
01-26-2011, 10:40 PM
I guess there is a huge difference in cooking for 1 or 2 and cooking for 3 or 4. The latter is almost always a better bargain but many times it is cheaper for my bf and I to eat out or get fast food. I know you can also take into account many thing to come up with cost but I was being very simple and simple talking about how much money was leaving my wallet at that time.

It is not even close to cheaper to eat out. Even just for two people. You just have to plan how you are going to use what you buy and cook.

Right now, there is a chicken in my roaster. A whole roughly 5 lb. chicken. It cost me $4.37. Tonight we will have it with fresh cauliflower ($2.99 for one head) and rice leftover from last night (Rice-a-Roni--99 cents for a box on sale).

The rice was two meals. That means it cost 50 cents for this one. There is half a head of cauliflower left because half was used in soup previously. So it costs about $1.50 for this meal. We will eat the chicken tonight, leftovers tomorrow, then I will pick the rest of the bones and freeze the shredded chicken left to use for soup or tacos. The chicken will be used for three meals--so it is about $1.45 per meal.

Tonight's dinner costs a grand total (not including some spices thrown in) of approximately $4.45 for two people.

We ate out for breakfast today and had a buy one meal get one free coupon and it cost nearly $20 for the two of us (including tip). A fast food meal typically costs us between $8-10 for both of us--our dinner is half that.

FigureSpins
01-27-2011, 12:09 AM
You can get 2 tacos for .99 cents at Jack in the Box! I have no idea what's in them, but I love them!When I was really little, my sister took me to the newly opened Jack in the Box for my very first taco. I think I was six or seven and it was yummy. Our Jack in the Box closed a few years later, but when DH and I went to California a few years ago, he took me for tacos at JITB. They weren't the same, but it's the thought that counts.

Auntie
01-27-2011, 12:24 AM
I LOVE Taco Bell's chicken quesadillas. There is this spicy sauce on them that is yummy. And they have a cool quesadilla machine that makes the quesadilla all melty and toasty. It's the only thing I eat at Taco Bell and it is one of my guilty treats. I hope it has actual chicken inside.

my little pony
01-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Take a few moments and read this article - http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/04/health/04meat.html

You may never eat ground meat again

i stopped eating it when i was a little girl. working at chi chis certainly didnt change my mind on the subject.