PDA

View Full Version : RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Allen
01-26-2011, 12:04 AM
The greatest trashy reality competition series ever is back. Sutan, the makeup artist from America's Next Top Model is one of the contestants. Last night's episode was really fantastic for the all the wrong reasons.

You can watch the first episode here: http://www.logotv.com/shows/rupauls_drag_race/season_3/series.jhtml

duane
01-26-2011, 12:09 AM
And to those unaware, this show is also shown on VH1 every Tuesday.

topaz
01-26-2011, 02:57 AM
I watched the first episode and it was fabulous.. I love Shanangla. I thought Venus would go further she rocked the open casting.

duane
01-26-2011, 03:30 AM
I agree. Great first show! Raja is definitely the early favorite.

I too thought Venus would go far, but agree with the decision.

Allen
01-26-2011, 04:47 AM
I ended up being spoiled about Venus going first before I saw the episode and I was shocked. However, in the episode, I totally agreed. I miss Merle Ginsberg a ton though. Michelle Visage is good, but I miss Merle.

Raja rocked that s*** out! I love her, but I loved Sutan when he did the makeup on ANTM.

I've seen Phoenix and Mariah both perform live and both are fabulous.

Beefcake
01-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Allen started yet another trashy reality TV thread! :P

:kickass: Raja! Creative, edgy, unique, great construction skills, and excellent runway presentation. Easily my early favorite, ala Nina Flowers and Raven ... which means she's destined (doomed?) for 2nd place. Love her, and boy Raja seems like a normal LA thirtysomething.

Like Delta Burke Work, too. Lives in my 'hood, and does a :rofl: Susan Boyle. (Look it up.) Finally may have a good big girl. OTOH, the other two plus sizes seem just as tragic as the messes from Seasons 1 and 2. The Backswamp Carolina big girl gives me the squeebies, and doesn't seem to be long for this competition.

Shangela -- if only she had some creative sewing skills. Fantastic energy, and cute as heck. No problem. Ru will not be embarrassed by bringing this "girl" back ... translation: you "just know" that Shangela will progress at least to mid-season, and will win at least one challenge. :puppet:

emason
01-26-2011, 06:04 PM

Shangela -- if only she had some creative sewing skills. Fantastic energy, and cute as heck. No problem. Ru will not be embarrassed by bringing this "girl" back ... translation: you "just know" that Shangela will progress at least to mid-season, and will win at least one challenge. :puppet:

Well, she sure as Hell won the lip sync; there was no doubt who the winner was there.

BigB08822
01-26-2011, 06:24 PM
OMG, I am cracking up.

"Girl, this hot glue gun gets way too hot. It's like a lava gun."
"Well, they don't call it a warm glue gun..."
Blank stare....

duane
01-26-2011, 08:03 PM
When Mariah first walked in, I thought "OMG, Tyra Sanchez is back!"

BigB08822
01-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Maybe it is just me but there are no strikingly beautiful drag queens this season, I guess Mariah comes the closest but that was based on her first look when she came in the room and then my opinion went down when they went thrift shopping. One of them looked really good at the thrift shop but not sure who it was. That lipsynch for your life was by far the worst one I have ever seen, it made me uncomfortable.

Beefcake
01-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Maybe it is just me but there are no strikingly beautiful drag queens this season ...
Thank Dragod! (This pun brought to you in the spirit of "condragulations".) Looking forward to queens advancing due to creativity and humor versus pwetty pwetty faces.

The first season became a :confused: giant WTF :blah: when that pretty whatshername was not merely progressing to the final 3 with zero personality and terrible 4-H Fair calibre simple frocks, but actually WINNING challenges with those minimal attributes!

Anyone else :shuffle: when, during Untucked, the snarkier PR girl (Alexis?) was offering her opinion on who would be the season's bitch? Honey, judging from this one episode, said bitch could very well be YOU! (If not the one so deeply in love with her Johnny Weiresque body.)

BigB08822
01-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Oh, I think it is better for the queens to advance based on creativity, humor, talent, etc but it would be nice if they could have found someone with those traits AND a beautiful face. I was just surprised they didn't go for 1 or 2 striking queens since they cast their usual Asian, Latin, Big girl, etc. Although, the producers probably did with Mariah and I just think they fell short on selection.

Oh and the one who talks about her amazing body, umm, your skinny. That is all. I was much more blown away by the other contestant who pulled down her Christmas outfit to show a skimpy suit underneath. I thought her body was much more bangin and lady like.

Fergus
01-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Mimi is well-known in NYC, I actually think she has great potential to go far in the comp.......IF she holds her shit together! Dear lordy, a meltdown in the first episode? Thats just sorta sad. :(

Manila Luzon has a great shot as well.......but I'm not sure that she uses the right shade of foundation, at least during the main runway show. It seemed a little too pale and ashy for her complexion.

India Ferrah (?) OUT of drag looks like a little mousey frat boy! :rofl: And showing up in the same outfit as the other queen was quite amusing. :lol:

I don't think it was quite fair for Phoenix (another funny lookin' boy!) to write-off Stacey Lane Matthews so quickly. So what if she's big, her make-up skills came across as A+ and girl knows how to style/handle a wig.

I thought Mariah presents fabulously, she's got good taste in clothing.

I liked Alexis Matteo at the beginning of the episode....but girl needs a filter, badly. She made waaaay too many comments in the Lounge.

Carmen, oh girl, please don't come out all "Pret a Porter" naked with just some duct tape holding your junk.

Allen
01-26-2011, 11:37 PM

Oh, really???? I seem to remember someone else not having the cajones to start the thread ;)

topaz
01-27-2011, 12:37 AM
I've seen Phoenix and Mariah both perform live and both are fabulous.

How lucky are you.

I agree that Raja is an early favorite but I love Manilla and I think Mariah is early favorites to. Yara is the dark horse. That is a fierce Drag Look coming from Yara

Mariah's day look was so funny. Day looks should be less dramatic than evening but

Has anyone played the DragRace Fantasy game?