PDA

View Full Version : Accents and hotness

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Artemis@BC
01-25-2011, 08:04 PM
I had a girls' night on Sunday and, as oft happens when we get together and have a couple of glasses of wine, the conversation turned to the shallow and superficial. One topic of discussion was which accents make a guy seem more attractive, and which ones less so.

The list we came up with:

Accents with a positive effect on attractiveness: Scottish, Irish, Spanish, Italian, any Scandanavian, Aussie, Kiwi, middle- or upper-class English

Accents that make an attractive man more attractive, and an unattractive man less attractive: French, German, Russian, Scouser, Manchunian, Geordie, Middle Eastern

Accents that have a negative effect on hotness: Newfie, hoser, southern US, New England, Bronx/Brooklin/Queens etc., cockney, Cornish

Neutral/no pattern: all Asian, Indian, South African

Thoughts?

emason
01-25-2011, 08:46 PM
I had a girls' night on Sunday and, as oft happens when we get together and have a couple of glasses of wine, the conversation turned to the shallow and superficial. One topic of discussion was which accents make a guy seem more attractive, and which ones less so.

The list we came up with:

Accents with a positive effect on attractiveness: Scottish, Irish, Spanish, Italian, any Scandanavian, Aussie, Kiwi, middle- or upper-class English

Accents that make an attractive man more attractive, and an unattractive man less attractive: French, German, Russian, Scouser, Manchunian, Geordie, Middle Eastern

Accents that have a negative effect on hotness: Newfie, hoser, southern US, New England, Bronx/Brooklin/Queens etc., cockney, Cornish

Neutral/no pattern: all Asian, Indian, South African

Thoughts?

Your accent categories are a little broad. For instance, there is no such thing as a New England accent. I'm from Western Mass. and have a very identifiable and totally different accent than someone from Boston or someone from Maine.

As to hotness, I have no opinion.

Artemis@BC
01-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Your accent categories are a little broad. For instance, there is no such thing as a New England accent. I'm from Western Mass. and have a very identifiable and totally different accent than someone from Boston or someone from Maine.

Yes there are obvious ranges within most of these categories. There are many different Scottish accents, as just one example. But we were unanimous in our opinion that all New England accents -- Bostonian, Maine, Vermont, etc. -- had the same negative effect on hotness. And all Scottish accents had a positive rating.

But seriously, are you going to get that picky about such a superficial subject? :lol:

orbitz
01-25-2011, 09:37 PM

I don't think a cute accent makes an unattractive men less atractive. If anything it's bonus point that could offset his "unattractiveness".

I love all European accent and anyone from Down Under :hat1:.

AliasJohnDoe
01-25-2011, 09:49 PM
When I hear an Aussie accent, I lose control of all reasoning. :swoon:

Lanie
01-25-2011, 09:51 PM
For me, it's Aussie, English, and Scottish. Of any kind, really... I think they enhance attractiveness. I don't even know why.

I want Gerard Butler and Henry Cavill to record the dictionary together, so I can listen to it all the time. :swoon:

Holley Calmes
01-25-2011, 09:57 PM
For me, it's Aussie, English, and Scottish. Of any kind, really... I think they enhance attractiveness. I don't even know why.

I want Gerard Butler and Henry Cavill to record the dictionary together, so I can listen to it all the time. :swoon:

Visions of Gerard Butler in my mind now....yum. Yum yum yum.....

Nomad
01-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Brazilian and Portuguese.

JerseySlore
01-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Jersey.

Artemis@BC
01-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Jersey.

Um, hot or not? Dare I ask?

Artemis@BC
01-25-2011, 10:13 PM
I don't think a cute accent makes an unattractive men less atractive. If anything it's bonus point that could offset his "unattractiveness".

It was only for those particular accents. For example: cute guy with Russian accent is extra cute ... but sleezy gangster/pimp type is even less attractive when he has a Russian accent.

Did I mention wine was involved? :o

JerseySlore
01-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Um, hot or not? Dare I ask?

At your own risk :EVILLE:

For more serious answer, I always found Aussie ladies incredibly attractive.
Elle MacPherson :swoon:

ks777
01-25-2011, 10:28 PM
I really like new castle and scottish accent.

I can't stand Chinese/vietnamese accent or their language.. sounds like they are mad.

VIETgrlTerifa
01-25-2011, 10:35 PM
I can't stand Chinese/vietnamese accent or their language.. sounds like they are mad.

Well, there goes your invitation to the next family gathering. :p

Aussie Willy
01-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Well for me Irish or Scottish.

There is a young French guy who works for my company who has a gorgeous accent. I only get to see him occaisionally. Got to dance with him at the Christmas party.

I can't believe that people find the Aussie accent attractive. Yes I know I am one of them. Although it depends if they are bogans or not. There was a great documentary about the development of the Australian accent because we do have so many different kinds.