PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Asli
02-05-2011, 04:23 PM
in Russian figure skating, those who do not enjoy RFSF support can as well give up in the beginning and save themselves a lot of money and wasted efforts.

I think that is true in all countries. ;)

Artifice
02-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Blanchard should skate for France. And if it's not with Maria it should be Vanessa James. With her he would already be Franch champion and could have gone to Euros and Words.

rfisher
02-05-2011, 05:04 PM
I think there is/will be a great deal of pressure on all the pairs teams and coaches the next 3 years. The RSFS will want medals in Sochi and will want gold. Careers may well be on the line for those who make the team and for where they place. This creates a great time for fans who like quality pair skating, but will result in a lot of jockying for position and $$$$ by the skaters and their teams (coaches, choreograhphers, makeup, costumers etc.). He's trying to get his share. Unfortunately, M/B didn't produce the results V/T and even G/E did within the same amount of time. It'll be interesting to see what happens. :watch:

allezfred
02-05-2011, 08:48 PM
But then I think about K&S winning Euros last year with inflated PCS

They weren't inflated. Any programme where someone dislocates their shoulder and pops it back in in time to the music deserves 10s. :D

Asli
02-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Blanchard should skate for France. And if it's not with Maria it should be Vanessa James.

Maybe he still will. However, the way he seems to try and keep at a minimal distance of 3000 km from the FFSG, it seems the French federation has endeared itself to him in its inimitable way. :shuffle:

Ziggy
02-06-2011, 01:10 AM
I didn't realize Oleg Vassiliev had so many detractors here. What gives?

1. Sleeping with his skaters

2. He didn't handle M/T well, to put it very lightly.

Artifice
02-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Maybe he still will. However, the way he seems to try and keep at a minimal distance of 3000 km from the FFSG, it seems the French federation has endeared itself to him in its inimitable way. :shuffle:

It's possible. Sometimes one should see one's own and personal advantage at the moment regardless of what happened in the past. The one who will pay the highest price for standing on his position will be Blanchard not the ffsg. If the ffsg happens to provide satisfaying opportunity for Blanchard he probably should look at it seriously.

poths
02-06-2011, 10:21 AM
They weren't inflated. Any programme where someone dislocates their shoulder and pops it back in in time to the music deserves 10s. :D

I was hoping you wouldn't see that post. :scream: :o

mella
02-06-2011, 11:59 AM

By now you should know that 'Fred sees everything!

Will post my V/T gush here (probably put it the wrong place earlier)... just seen their programmes from Russian Nationals and I think I could love them if they keep on like this. I was never of the "they would be the most amazing pair ever" school of thought, but I'm open to persausion.

For the first time in years I enjoyed all the Russian pairs at Euros this year... And two of the three dance couples... And I quite liked Marakova! I'm excited about about Russian skating generally (rather than just :lol: and :wuzrobbed: at the :drama: and politiks) for the first time in a LONG time at the moment.

If the competition for Sochi brings on this sort of skating then the :drama: and politiks might even be worth something.

And if it results in the Mens getting interesting too I'll be :swoon:. By that of course I mean interesting from my personal point of view as I'm sure there are many who loved what I found "blah" in Bern.

poths
02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
^^Wheeeeeeee Mella.

The Pairs competition at Russian Nationals was the most enjoyable/interesting/exciting pairs comp since 1994 Olympics, IMHO. :shuffle: (and perhaps the 2005 Karl Schafer when Bestandigova made a return :P )

Volosozhar and Trankov already have an aura, the elements are some of the best ever ....They will go down in history.

Kawaguchi and Smirnov have a great team, great programs and whilst I wish she was more solid - they are clearly top 3 in the world at their best. (Smirnov is one of the all time greats IMO)

Gerboltd and Enbert are :swoon: SHe has something so unique. The attack and pizazz she puts into a performance. When she improves her lift position and gets some good programs. Holy Hells. They'll probably be my favourites. Can he do the Lutz or flip?

Bazarova and Larionov have such polished programs and neat elements. Their problem will always be that they just aren't a great match. Two different styles, two different jump techniques - he is a strong partner, reliable, good jumper etc....but I can;t imagine them ever having a program that brings out the best in both of them.

I&M- Intricate and interesting, she's still too young for me to really care - but by 2012.

I have a feeling Mukhortova and Blanchard's camp are playing with us, RE: their supposed split. They are very interesting, matching style - shite programs this year - but potential none the less. She's a horrid headcase however, so...meh.

allezfred
02-06-2011, 03:04 PM

You should know better! :EVILLE: :P

Asli
02-06-2011, 03:15 PM
It's possible. Sometimes one should see one's own and personal advantage at the moment regardless of what happened in the past.

If Blanchard is keeping his distance to the FFSG, it must be bacause he doesn't trust them now - not because he resents the past.

It seems that the French fed, unlike all others, feels that it can support just one skater/team per discipline at a time. That chosen skater/team is considered the second coming, has the full and fanatic support of the FFSG and is shoved down the throats of the press. All others are considered rubbish and are left comparatively to their own means.

I am not an insider of the sport, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Artifice
02-06-2011, 09:26 PM
If Blanchard is keeping his distance to the FFSG, it must be bacause he doesn't trust them now - not because he resents the past.

You actualy don't know.
The only thing we can say is that he is the one to know what is good for him. And I just add that sometimes it's good to put old problems asides or even current ones if there is a positive opportunity to be taken, especially in sport where careers are short. And I'm not sure about Vassiliev's reliability compared to the ffsg.

Ziggy
02-06-2011, 10:03 PM
I am PRAYING I&M can become consistent. They are quirky, interesting and have heaps of style.

cholla
02-06-2011, 10:19 PM

You actualy don't know.

You actually don't know either. Blanchard has many reasons not to trust FFSG. That doesn't mean he can't reconsider competing for France. But considering he turned down several offers before Mukhortova, one may think he's not going to jump on a new one, whoever makes it. That's not an actual fact, only an educated guess.