PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Ziggy
02-05-2011, 12:20 AM
I am very disappointed that M&B will not skate anymore. I loved their pairing, from whatever clips I saw. Maria was like a completely different skater. I wish they could at least skate for France.

Yeah they really should.

Although maybe Vanessa James will get lucky now?

MikiAndoFan#1
02-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Mukhortova/Blanchard are done.
http://sport.rian.ru/sport/20110204/330392594.html

:fragile:

kwanfan1818
02-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Although maybe Vanessa James will get lucky now?
I'd prefer Sulej to get lucky.

topaz
02-05-2011, 03:00 AM
Yes please, we'd happily take either!

I think Vasiliev was the impatient one.

Tarasova was spot on when totally slating him after the FS at Nats. That's exactly what happens when you don't appreciate what you got and always look for problems.

What at TAT say?

Ziggy
02-05-2011, 03:14 AM
I'd prefer Sulej to get lucky.

Hopefully, some partner will be found before summer.

What at TAT say?

You've just quoted it. ;)

Civic
02-05-2011, 04:05 AM
I didn't realize Oleg Vassiliev had so many detractors here. What gives?

also....

Translation, we need the POLITIK :bribe: power of the fed.

The man and his mantra are a disease to the sport IMO.

poths
02-05-2011, 12:23 PM
I didn't realize Oleg Vassiliev had so many detractors here. What gives?

Isn't it obvious? He's old school and works hard to get the results for his skaters behind the scenes, with Politiks and :bribe:. He's vocal about this and it's vile. The whole point of CoP was to get rid of these under the counter deals and make the sport more transparent, yet here we have the coach of recent Olympic champions threatening that his next team will quit if he doesn't have more POLITIK/Favouring from the Russian fed.

The fact that he has had relationships with his past two students is also :scream:, he seems controlling and sour and none of his teams have ever done anything to push the sport forward.

Moka-Ananas
02-05-2011, 01:16 PM
What at TAT say?

Well she trashed their FS saying the music cuts were horrible (I agree), that the program is empty and that they're not ready yet.
Oh yes and that one should be happy with what they have (I think this is about Vasiliev)

Cherub721
02-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Isn't it obvious? He's old school and works hard to get the results for his skaters behind the scenes, with Politiks and :bribe:.

I don't think he ever had much in the way of politik. :shuffle: T&M deserved their scores and placements; no backdoor deals needed. M&T were always second best to K&S and scored behind S&S and the Chinese internationally. They couldn't make the GPF/World podium even with their cleanest skating. M&B were justifiably dumped for a terrible program at Nationals. None of his teams have been overmarked, IMO.

Rather I think Oleg's problem is that he PERCEIVES that everyone else has all of these politiks and support and that he/Maria have been left out in the cold.

I am sure the Russian fed treated him a lot better when he had T&M and gave him more funding and optimal training conditions... because T&M were BETTER SKATERS! It's pretty damn easy for the fed to support them when they have difficult programs and skate them clean almost every time out with great basics. Maria has never been on that level, and I think Oleg has tunnel vision when it comes to her, and believes that if only he had the support he had with T&M, that Maria and partner would be on top. But it's the opposite... if only a team had the talent of T&M, then they would have the federation's support. And that team happens to be V&T. :P

let`s talk
02-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh, well...

On Feb 4th, 18:58 RIA Novosti published an interview with Vasiliev where he said the project M/B had been closed.
http://rian.ru/interview_sport/20110204/330389068.html

On Feb 5th, Sovsport and Championat.ru at 13:25 published the following:

"Last night many mass media sources published the information the a pair M/B split up. However, their coach Oleg Vasiliev said to the Sovsport journalist I.Rasskazova that M/B didn't split up. They stopped skating temporary. We took a pause due to some financial reasons."
www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/435634
www.championat.ru/other/_skating/news-725140.html

The Russian press drives me nuts!:D Who said what and said what exactly.:confused: Or it was a PR trick to spread rumors about "we are done" in order to get some positive results from it. I don't know.:rolleyes:

poths
02-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Rather I think Oleg's problem is that he PERCEIVES that everyone else has all of these politiks and support and that he/Maria have been left out in the cold.

Maria has never been on that level, and I think Oleg has tunnel vision when it comes to her, and believes that if only he had the support he had with T&M, that Maria and partner would be on top. But it's the opposite... if only a team had the talent of T&M, then they would have the federation's support. And that team happens to be V&T. :PI do agree, for the most part.

But then I think about K&S winning Euros last year with inflated PCS, S&S being hit harder than previous years and, well, it does seem at the big ones that RFSF political support is essential.

(Bobrova having the RFSF support basically won her the Euro silver IMHO)

Anya
02-05-2011, 03:37 PM
M&T were always second best to K&S

No they were not, at very least not always and maybe not even half of the time in the later years. So he does have a point re. K&S vs. M&T and the importance of RFSF support.

Cherub721
02-05-2011, 04:07 PM
No they were not, at very least not always and maybe not even half of the time in the later years. So he does have a point re. K&S vs. M&T and the importance of RFSF support.

M&T finished behind K&S at Worlds from 2007-2010, Nationals from 2008-2010, and at 2009-2010 Euros, having beaten K&S at 2008 Euros. M&T did beat K&S at 2010 GPF also. So you are right and I was exaggerating in saying they "always" were second to K&S, but M&T were solidly the #2 pair in Russia, IMO.

Anya
02-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Because RFSF decided that they were. In reality a number of those results were pretty questionable, IMHO. Not all of them, of course, but some could have easily gone the other way (and a couple, imho, most definitely should have gone the other way).

What Vasiliev is saying is not pretty and it sounds like a major sour grapes coming from him right now, but in Russian figure skating, those who do not enjoy RFSF support can as well give up in the beginning and save themselves a lot of money and wasted efforts.

Asli
02-05-2011, 04:21 PM
M&T finished behind K&S at Worlds from 2007-2010, Nationals from 2008-2010, and at 2009-2010 Euros, having beaten K&S at 2008 Euros. M&T did beat K&S at 2010 GPF also. So you are right and I was exaggerating in saying they "always" were second to K&S, but M&T were solidly the #2 pair in Russia, IMO.

I believe Anya meant that M&T deserved to beat K&S more often than those results indicate and if so I agree with her.

M&T's skating quality and lines were superior to K&S IMO. Still, even when they did the elements well, they hardly ever got the benefit of the doubt over K&S. This may have been partly because of the support of the RFSF to K&S and Moskvina and partly because M&T had a reputation of inconsistency which followed them even when they started landing the jumps more consistently.