PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69

MarieM
05-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Aaaaaahhhhhhhh that's an interesting idea Cherub !!

equatorial
05-20-2011, 01:55 PM
If Morozov invites Dubova to work on I/K technique, I might even withdraw my objections to his "choreography" :lol:

Autumn_girl
05-20-2011, 02:01 PM
I wish the Russian fed would take that approach with other coaches. Imagine if they made Mishin work with outside choreographers. :rollin:

Actually it happened already, Mishin invited Tom Dickson to work with his skaters about two years ago. Dickson choreographed this program for Liza
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fFOUOtYrkA&playnext=1&list=PLC9F4DC0B4DECFBD5
and also worked with Gachinski.

Fashionista
05-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Dickson for Liza? I thought he worked with Lutai.

Autumn_girl
05-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Dickson for Liza? I thought he worked with Lutai.

No, there was Mishin's interview some time ago where he said Dickson worked with his students, he mentioned Gachinski and this Liza's program for sure.
And I found another interview
http://www.infox.ru/sport/winter/2011/04/27/Tryenyer_figuristov_.phtml
Mishin said Dickson choreographed 4 programs for Liza and Artur (but I don't khow which, only sure about Liza's Geisha program)

oleada
05-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I/K are working with acrobats now (at least we can hope for new lifts) and waiting for their visas to join Morozov's group in the US. Other Morozov's students except Leonova are there already (and also Volosozhar/Trankov with their coaches), working with Broadway choreographers and creating new programs. So I think it doesn't look bad for I/K so far.
And Morozov already choreographed new programs for Shelepen and Lipnistkaya

Thanks for the info! That does make me feel a lot better, about I/K and V/T's program. Do you know what the music is to Shelepen and Lipnitskaya's program?

It would be nice to see Liza work with Tom Dickson again; I did love her SP this year and wouldn't be sad to see her keep it.

TAHbKA
05-20-2011, 09:20 PM
No, there was Mishin's interview some time ago where he said Dickson worked with his students, he mentioned Gachinski and this Liza's program for sure.
And I found another interview
http://www.infox.ru/sport/winter/2011/04/27/Tryenyer_figuristov_.phtml
Mishin said Dickson choreographed 4 programs for Liza and Artur (but I don't khow which, only sure about Liza's Geisha program)

I can't remember right now where I read it, but the point of the artcile was that even if Mishin invites choreographers in the end it is not much of their choreography is left. He changes the programme so the skater would be more comfortable, so at the end the music remains, while the rest is jump-run-jump-run-skate around for 2 more minutes...

Hedwig
05-20-2011, 09:46 PM
If Morozov uses outside choreo I am cautiously feeling better about this.

I also try to remind myself three times a day that I loved Takahashi's Swan Lake Hip Hop program. So Morosov is able to do some enjoyable stuff....

senorita
05-21-2011, 08:53 AM
I can't remember right now where I read it, but the point of the artcile was that even if Mishin invites choreographers in the end it is not much of their choreography is left. He changes the programme so the skater would be more comfortable, so at the end the music remains, while the rest is jump-run-jump-run-skate around for 2 more minutes...

geisa program of Liza is really beautiful though and Arthur choreo of his 2008 program Narcisus with Yuri Smekalov was not jump run jump, much better than this year programs.

VarBar
05-21-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Tarasova will be involved in creating programs for them. One of the complaints Nikita had was that TAT was interested in working with them but Zhulin didn't allow.

Interesting because Tarasova, in an interview delivered some time before the Worlds, says among other things that Pechalat/Bourzat would be the weakest European champions in the past 20 years and that the judges in Bern would have actually rewarded Zhulin's creativity. So, if she thinks Zhulin is such a creative program maker, why would she have wanted to interfere with his work?:confused:

Domshabfan
05-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Interesting because Tarasova, in an interview delivered some time before the Worlds, says among other things that Pechalat/Bourzat would be the weakest European champions in the past 20 years and that the judges in Bern would have actually rewarded Zhulin's creativity. So, if she thinks Zhulin is such a creative program maker, why would she have wanted to interfere with his work?:confused:

Because she may think she is better than Zhulin:slinkaway

miffy
05-21-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm pretty sure Tarasova will be involved in creating programs for them. One of the complaints Nikita had was that TAT was interested in working with them but Zhulin didn't allow. She was also mentioned as one of the people who they consulted with about the coaching change. It seems that she thinks they have a great future and wants to be near.

How do TAT and Morozov get on these days?

Coco
05-21-2011, 07:09 PM
I think they'd made there peace before Torino, because TAT sent Arakawa to work with him, iirc.

miffy
05-21-2011, 07:14 PM
I think they'd made there peace before Torino, because TAT sent Arakawa to work with him, iirc.

Cool :) Thank you.

millipied
05-21-2011, 07:23 PM

There is more to coaching besides creativity. Obviously there were other problems.