PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69

rfisher
05-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Nikolai Morozov's schedule sometimes is like this. :-) Don't worry, if they have practice at night, they can rest during the day.

Aha! That expains how he sucks the soul out of skaters. He's a vampire!

fanof
05-19-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't know why some fans like seeing the rivalry between ice dance teams like a sort of war. :confused: Most of the skaters don't see it that way, especially the younger ones. Elena says in her formspring page that the Shibutanis' FD was her favorite free dance of the night.

:confused: I read Elena "formspring".
That wans't her "favorite". She like W/P SP, Shibutani FS ,Crone/Porrier FS, and all boring Cannadians V/M. That call "favorite" ? She nice to all skaters.

fanof
05-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Well, I can understand WHY Zhulin didn't want Tarassova's help. Remember what horrors she did to Jana & Partner ? Awfull programs that didn't work one bit. Or Mao.
Brrrrrrrrr.

Sergei has and INJURY all seasson for years. And they programs is powerfull and dancing not other who in top of them.

pinky166
05-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Oh, yes. They have already beaten the Shibutanis by a 20-something margin. And since then they have only matured.

Success in juniors doesn't always correlate to success in seniors. See Caroline Zhang, Rachael Flatt, Stephen Carriere. Also, the Shibs struggled last season because Maia was really too small to be skating with Alex, but then she grew about 3 inches over the summer, and that made a big difference in their skating, at least IMO, as now they are a good match for each other size-wise and it makes their skating seem smoother. Another factor is that I/K's Shindler's list FD last season, IMO, was terrific and very well suited to them, whereas I didn't feel the same way about their Don Q FD, even when they did skate it (nearly) cleanly at Euros. I think the two pairs could be pretty evenly matched if they were both to skate programs well-suited to their styles/strengths cleanly. But this season, I/K made lots of mistakes, and didn't have great programs, while the Shibs skated consistently well and had great programs, so they came out on top. The opposite could be said in 09-10, as I really didn't think the Shibs Tango FD was a great vehicle for them and they had some issues, while I/K had great programs and were skating very well.

Asli
05-19-2011, 08:02 PM
That wans't her "favorite". She like W/P SP, Shibutani FS ,Crone/Porrier FS, and all boring Cannadians V/M. That call "favorite" ? She nice to all skaters.

You are right, she mentioned those four programs, but I retained the Shibutanis because when asked if she liked any of the other competitors' progams, she mentioned their FD first.

Jammers
05-19-2011, 09:09 PM
I/k beating the Shibs last year doesn't matter. Mao used to beat Kim all the time but Kim for the most part has dominated Mao since 2008- 2009 season. Skaters peak in different times and the Shibs may continue to improve and I/K might stagnate.

Cherub721
05-19-2011, 10:25 PM
I think the two pairs could be pretty evenly matched if they were both to skate programs well-suited to their styles/strengths cleanly. But this season, I/K made lots of mistakes, and didn't have great programs, while the Shibs skated consistently well and had great programs, so they came out on top.

ISkaters peak in different times and the Shibs may continue to improve and I/K might stagnate.

IMO these were exactly the points Nikita was trying to make. Both teams have the raw ability but he wants to make sure his team continues to improve. They were outpaced bigtime by the Shibs and they recognize it.

kwanfan1818
05-20-2011, 05:34 AM
I think I/K will gain power with the switch to Morozov.

Ozzisk8tr
05-20-2011, 06:27 AM

Unlike you.

Domshabfan
05-20-2011, 06:36 AM
Somehow I think Nikita is very nervous skater. His performance at Russian Nationals and World Championships were he made multiple errors make me think he probably may be having difficulty controlling the nerves. People who are close to them knows the details better, and if he has serious issues controlling his nerves may he should be working with a sport physiologist.

I think I/K will gain power with the switch to Morozov.

True, at least they now know they have some support from the federation. At least next year they need not worry about loosing 3rd spot to team like K/A, which they where very close to doing this year with K/A less than stellar skate at the nationals.

However, I still think I/K could lose out to a very good skate from M/K or R/T, if the later team improves their Twizzles and step sequence.

Autumn_girl
05-20-2011, 07:11 AM
I/K are working with acrobats now (at least we can hope for new lifts) and waiting for their visas to join Morozov's group in the US. Other Morozov's students except Leonova are there already (and also Volosozhar/Trankov with their coaches), working with Broadway choreographers and creating new programs. So I think it doesn't look bad for I/K so far.
And Morozov already choreographed new programs for Shelepen and Lipnistkaya

risto1803
05-20-2011, 01:18 PM
However, I still think I/K could lose out to a very good skate from M/K or R/T, if the later team improves their Twizzles and step sequence.

I don't see the federation would let this happen unless I/K have a horrible performance. I/K did exactly what the federation wanted them to do and now they are with the coach that the federation adores. All the support from the federation will go to I/K.

Cherub721
05-20-2011, 01:18 PM
That sounds really good actually. Has Morozov ever done anything like that before? (Acrobats and outside choreographers).

risto1803
05-20-2011, 01:30 PM
That sounds really good actually. Has Morozov ever done anything like that before? (Acrobats and outside choreographers).

I haven't heard about it, but he must do what the federation asks for I/K. I/K can say whatever they want about the decision to go to Morozov, but the federation was heavily involved. I believe that the federation was clear with Morozov what do they expect before let them go. Otherwise they will also take them away from him. I think we will see Morozov do many things with I/K that he never did before.

Cherub721
05-20-2011, 01:39 PM
I haven't heard about it, but he must do what the federation asks for I/K. I/K can say whatever they want about the decision to go to Morozov, but the federation was heavily involved. I believe that the federation was clear with Morozov what do they expect before let them go. Otherwise they will also take them away from him. I think we will see Morozov do many things with I/K that he never did before.

I wish the Russian fed would take that approach with other coaches. Imagine if they made Mishin work with outside choreographers. :rollin: