PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69

risto1803
05-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Personally I'm cringing at the thought of what Morozov will do with I&K, especially for FDs. I wonder if Morozov will have the guts to choreo a program for I&K that is a blatant rip-off of another team's past FD - ie. what he did for C&L this year (speaking of C&L, are they allowed to stay with Morozov?).

Let's pray he won't recycle Grushinina/Goncharov's "The Feeling Begin" :dog:

Autumn_girl
05-18-2011, 06:23 PM
When did they go to Morosov? I sort of wasn't paying attention...

I believe in February of so.

casken
05-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Let's pray he won't recycle Grushinina/Goncharov's "The Feeling Begin" :dog:

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing something for I&K in the style of the "Hanging Escape" FD he did for G&G in 2004. :shuffle:

I also pretty much agree 100% with Chreub's comments, especially this part.

Zhulin is worried that I&K would've peaked in November.. IMO, they never peaked last season! From the Russian test skate to Worlds, I always thought their FD was a nice idea with some great flourishes that needed a lot of work on the lifts and transitions. I kept thinking it would happen after the GP, or after Nationals, but it never did, not even with the extra time before Worlds. I thought there was an interview that said they would be getting new lifts after Skate America, but I didn't see any improvement in that area over the season.

Asli
05-18-2011, 10:45 PM
I wouldn't mind I/K's having ugly programs for one season, however the part of the interview about their finishing training at 5am that day is worrying.

Who in their right mind would make his students skate till 5am and why? :huh: I hope they don't get injured!

risto1803
05-18-2011, 11:24 PM
I wish they skate to the Black Swan soundtrack. Elena would be great in it.

pinky166
05-19-2011, 03:01 AM
I wish they skate to the Black Swan soundtrack. Elena would be great in it.

THIS :respec:

babayaga
05-19-2011, 03:24 AM
Personally I'm cringing at the thought of what Morozov will do with I&K, especially for FDs. I wonder if Morozov will have the guts to choreo a program for I&K that is a blatant rip-off of another team's past FD - ie. what he did for C&L this year (speaking of C&L, are they allowed to stay with Morozov?).

Morozov's choreo for ice dance is rather hideous, especially of late. I'm thinking here mainly of the Reeds and the Ukrainian couple Z&B who were at the Olympics last year.

I'm pretty sure Tarasova will be involved in creating programs for them. One of the complaints Nikita had was that TAT was interested in working with them but Zhulin didn't allow. She was also mentioned as one of the people who they consulted with about the coaching change. It seems that she thinks they have a great future and wants to be near.

RumbleFish
05-19-2011, 04:59 AM
As for them not good enough to beat the Shibus, i would like to remind you that I/K's SD was very close to Shibus and a clean FD would have certainly put I/K near Shibus's overall scores.

Are you saying I/K's imaginary clean probram would have beat Shibs?:rolleyes:
If that's the case, I don't have anything further to say.

Yvy
05-19-2011, 06:19 AM
Are you saying I/K's imaginary clean probram would have beat Shibs?:rolleyes:
If that's the case, I don't have anything further to say.

Oh, yes. They have already beaten the Shibutanis by a 20-something margin. And since then they have only matured.

RumbleFish
05-19-2011, 06:39 AM
Oh, yes. They have already beaten the Shibutanis by a 20-something margin. And since then they have only matured.

Last year's competition results didn't serve as an indication for this years Worlds at all. IMO, Shibs made more progress then I/K did during one year span since last year's Jr worlds.

I really don't get this :blah: of I/K's imaginary clean program beating Shibs at all. You can't win competitions or beat anyone by imagining. You have to do it on ice at the given day.

millipied
05-19-2011, 06:45 AM
Last year's competition results didn't serve as an indication for this years Worlds at all. IMO, Shibs made more progress then I/K did during one year span since last year's Jr worlds.

I really don't get this :blah: of I/K's imaginary clean program beating Shibs at all. You can't win competitions or beat anyone by imagining. You have to do it on ice at the given day.

I thought you did not have anything further to say?

RumbleFish
05-19-2011, 07:17 AM
I thought you did not have anything further to say?

Sorry for not sticking to my words.
But I'd have to add that I want to congradulate I/K for beating Shibs in some posters' day dreams. :rofl:

MarieM
05-19-2011, 07:45 AM
Well, I can understand WHY Zhulin didn't want Tarassova's help. Remember what horrors she did to Jana & Partner ? Awfull programs that didn't work one bit. Or Mao.
Brrrrrrrrr.

Asli
05-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Sorry for not sticking to my words.
But I'd have to add that I want to congradulate I/K for beating Shibs in some posters' day dreams. :rofl:

All Nikita says is that last year they had beaten the Shibutanis and if they (I/K) had been better prepared, they could have beaten them again. Meaning, he blames their own preparation for not being strong enough to beat them this year. You can't argue with such a statement.

These two teams are very close and both of them have come up on top before. It's not a "dream" for either of them to beat the other.

I don't know why some fans like seeing the rivalry between ice dance teams like a sort of war. :confused: Most of the skaters don't see it that way, especially the younger ones. Elena says in her formspring page that the Shibutanis' FD was her favorite free dance of the night.

Eislauffan
05-19-2011, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't mind I/K's having ugly programs for one season, however the part of the interview about their finishing training at 5am that day is worrying.

Who in their right mind would make his students skate till 5am and why? :huh: I hope they don't get injured!

Nikolai Morozov's schedule sometimes is like this. :-) Don't worry, if they have practice at night, they can rest during the day.