PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

kwanfan1818
05-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Mu understanding is that Tarasova does not count Arakawa among her Golds.
She had left Arakawa before the end of the GP series in 2005..and by Dec 2005 ( GPFinal) Arakawa was with Nikolai alone.
I think that is why she poured so much of herself into Asada for 2010.
There was an article that was either translated here or in Ptichka's Journal where Tarasova said sometime after the Torino Olympics that during the 2005-6 season, when Arakawa was being coached by Morosov, Arakawa was planning to change her FS for the Olympics, and Tarasova wrote her a letter to convince her not to change it to "Carmen", but to rework "Turandot" for CoP instead.

Choreographing an exhibition programs for pairs is not the same as coaching pairs. Zhulin doesn't have the credentials to give advice to pairs and singles coaches. I don't know how his situation can even be compared to TAT's.
Especially since Tarasova was a pairs skater and understands the technique behind the pairs elements and the physical demands.

dinakt
05-17-2011, 05:08 AM
Well, it's official- I/K are with Morozov.
http://mn.ru/newspaper_sport/20110517/301932377.html

I put the article here as it has some other interesting tidbits.
Sorry I don't have time to translate verbatum; here are main points.
-I/K are getting US visas now, and are going to train in the US with Morozov until sometime in June; then they are expected back. They will work with dancers, take masterclasses in the US and will start to work on their new programs. Most of the year they will train with Morozov's group in Novogorsk.
Then Piseev quoted saying that I/K have colossal potential, but it was not realized this year, so something had to be changed. Piseev: "Zhulin is a talented coach, but he needs to decide where his priorities lie- art, show business or sport "
Amodio, Voronov and Leonova are going to the US to train with Morozov, as well. Miki Ando will be Morozov's assistant coach for training single skaters (interesting tidbit-me). She plans to miss the next competitive year, so that she would be better prepared for competing in Sochi (?)
Zhulin did not know about I/K's decision until recently, as I/K stated many times this year that they intended to stay with him. However, after Pechalat/ Bourzat left Zhulin to train with Krylova/ Camerlengo, I/K found themselves with no training partners. In Morozov's group, they will train with Cappellini/Lanotte.

The end.

barbk
05-17-2011, 05:12 AM
Wow -- Miki not competing next year? It will be strange to see her handing other skaters their blade protectors.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
05-17-2011, 05:15 AM
Huh, I didn't realize C&L were with Morozov. Man, I must've just glossed over that info because I've found them so boring for the last few years.

Asli
05-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Huh, I didn't realize C&L were with Morozov. Man, I must've just glossed over that info because I've found them so boring for the last few years.

Boring and technically and artistically much below the level of I/K. I don't know what I/K can learn from them.

First the Russian federation pressured P/B to leave so that Zhulin could concentrate on I/K. Now it seems the fact that P/B left is one of the factors for which I/K left Zhulin. Don't look for any logic.

Hedwig
05-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Artem seems to be happy and Elena Tchaikovskaya had praise for him. She said that he is healthy now.

Okay, I am stupid. I didn't mean Borodulin when I said I thought Artem was the most promising Russian single skater but Artem Grigoriev.
Have you heard anything from him? Is he still skating or have all the injuries finally caught up with him?

Eris
05-17-2011, 09:49 AM
First the Russian federation pressured P/B to leave so that Zhulin could concentrate on I/K.

No, they were forced to leave because, according to Russian FS federation, Russian coaches should not prepare foreign medal contenders before Sochi.

Loves_Shizuka
05-17-2011, 10:47 AM
There was an article that was either translated here or in Ptichka's Journal where Tarasova said sometime after the Torino Olympics that during the 2005-6 season, when Arakawa was being coached by Morosov, Arakawa was planning to change her FS for the Olympics, and Tarasova wrote her a letter to convince her not to change it to "Carmen", but to rework "Turandot" for CoP instead.

Yup, you're right; I believe that even after she left for Morozov, Arakawa was still in touch with TAT, who offered some guidance and advice for Torino.

Andrey aka Pushkin
05-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Actually, if I understand correctly, P/B were forced to leave Zhulin by the French Federation and not by the Russian; the claim was that their progress this season was insufficient.

Asli
05-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Actually, if I understand correctly, P/B were forced to leave Zhulin by the French Federation and not by the Russian; the claim was that their progress this season was insufficient.

The decision must have been made by the French federation, but both P/B and Zhulin said in their interviews that the Russian federation also put pressure to this end, including trying to exclude them from the Olympic training center. (I don't know what that training center is, but that's what they said. ;) )

If I understand correctly from Philippe Pélissier's mumblings during the Euros, the FFSG would not be happy for P/B to work with Zhulin alongside I/K until Sochi, because these two teams would be rivals for the same place and I/K would be Zhulin's priority.

Andrey aka Pushkin
05-17-2011, 12:55 PM
So far the only one I know that was forced to leave because of the new Russian regulations about coaching is Fernandez, which is a good thing anyway ( :mitchell: Free Fernandez! :mitchell: ), but I do agree that the entire idea of limiting the competition by trying to lower the training conditions of the rivals is appalling. So if the Russian team fails miserably in Sochi, I'll see a greater justice in that.

Eris
05-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Actually, if I understand correctly, P/B were forced to leave Zhulin by the French Federation
French Federation wasn't pleased with P/B coach choice since the very begining and wanted them to return to France... And now P/B "finally" leave Zhulin, so I think that's not only because French Federation.

joeperryfan
05-17-2011, 01:12 PM
So far the only one I know that was forced to leave because of the new Russian regulations about coaching is Fernandez, which is a good thing anyway ( :mitchell: Free Fernandez! :mitchell: ), but I do agree that the entire idea of limiting the competition by trying to lower the training conditions of the rivals is appalling. So if the Russian team fails miserably in Sochi, I'll see a greater justice in that.

IMO it's not so much a matter of lowering the other team's training conditions as it is a matter of piling up all the resources for their own teams. Have you ever been in a situation where you were paying for a service and noticed that you were getting crap work because someone was trying to work for 3728 people at the same time? I suspect that's how the Rus Fed thinks in relation to this matter.

robinhood
05-17-2011, 01:27 PM

Are u sure about this? I've read he's staying with Morozov in some spanish sites...

Eislauffan
05-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Okay, I am stupid. I didn't mean Borodulin when I said I thought Artem was the most promising Russian single skater but Artem Grigoriev.
Have you heard anything from him? Is he still skating or have all the injuries finally caught up with him?

Artem Grigoriev is training as well. He seems recovered from his injury but his coach said that they don't know how his foot will do in the future.