PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Cherub721
05-13-2011, 01:10 AM
They are going to ruin the Sochi Olympics with their infighting. Such a shame.

millipied
05-13-2011, 01:24 AM
Yes, let's declare Sochi ruined 3 years in advance.

Coco
05-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Maybe some peacemaker could swoop in and convince Zhulin to be the next TAT.

Seriously!!

He is heavily involved in Ice Age, which brings good visibility for the sport. He's a brilliant coach and (imo) choreographer. He can't coach full time, but he's got some time to work with skaters.

He should consult with Morozov and the other coaches, hopefully improving them and letting their athletes benefit from his talent.

Artifice
05-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Oleg said the training schedule was too much for him. :rolleyes:

Really, did he say that ? However, this is Oleg's version.
Anyway it's a pity that such a talented skater eventually couldn't fulfill his potential. Whatever the reason is... And the result at National, if disapointing (especially compared to V/T), should have been taken as a first step, not as a failing, after only few months of partnership.

There may actually have been many other reasons than just the result for the end of this promising partnership. And each of the concerned people have more or less some personal responsability in it. I mean it's not only external circumstancies to blame.
And the fact is that it's a waste of talents.

Eislauffan
05-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Who is Vasilliev coaching right now?

Apparently he is not working with Maria Mukhortova anymore.

Eislauffan
05-14-2011, 05:30 PM
I visited the "Inspiration" ice rink - Volosozhar/Trankov's rink - on Thursday. While they were not there as they were preparing for their training camp in Hackensack, leaving on Sunday, I learned that there are two new pairs. Tatiana Novik now skates with Andrei Novoselov and Mikhail Kuznetsov (Novik's former partner) now skates with Anna Silaeva (she competed in juniors last season with Artur Minchuk).

Asli
05-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Maybe some peacemaker could swoop in and convince Zhulin to be the next TAT.

Seriously!!

He is heavily involved in Ice Age, which brings good visibility for the sport. He's a brilliant coach and (imo) choreographer. He can't coach full time, but he's got some time to work with skaters.

He should consult with Morozov and the other coaches, hopefully improving them and letting their athletes benefit from his talent.

Tatiana Tarasova is the team consultant because she has worked with athletes from all four disciplines and she has coached olympic and world champions in at least three of them. Maybe even four, I don't remember she coached a champion pairs team. Besides, she knows how to politick. She is also a total workoholic and seems to love meddling in other coaches' business sharing her experience with other coaches.

None of these are valid for Zhulin. He only coaches dancers, doesn't seem to have TAT's ease in personal relationships and politics, he wants to have some time for himself and is already too busy.

Autumn_girl
05-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Eislauffan, if you know, please, tell us how I/K are doing

dinakt
05-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Tatiana Tarasova is the team consultant because she has worked with athletes from all four disciplines and she has coached olympic and world champions in at least three of them. Maybe even four, I don't remember she coached a champion pairs team. Besides, she knows how to politick. She is also a total workoholic and seems to love meddling in other coaches' business sharing her experience with other coaches.

None of these are valid for Zhulin. He only coaches dancers, doesn't seem to have TAT's ease in personal relationships and politics, he wants to have some time for himself and is already too busy.

TAT coached Rodnina and Zaitsev from 1974 to 1980, so she indeed coached all 4 disciplines, and won Olympic Gold in three ( all but Ladies)

Asli
05-14-2011, 06:14 PM
TAT coached Rodnina and Zaitsev from 1974 to 1980, so she indeed coached all 4 disciplines, and won Olympic Gold in three ( all but Ladies)

TAT coached Arakawa until a month before her olympic gold, so IMO that should count as four. I had forgotten that TAT was Rodnina/Zaitsev's coach.

Sedge
05-14-2011, 07:37 PM
TAT coached Arakawa until a month before her olympic gold, so IMO that should count as four. I had forgotten that TAT was Rodnina/Zaitsev's coach.

Mu understanding is that Tarasova does not count Arakawa among her Golds.
She had left Arakawa before the end of the GP series in 2005..and by Dec 2005 ( GPFinal) Arakawa was with Nikolai alone.
I think that is why she poured so much of herself into Asada for 2010.

julieann
05-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Apparently he is not working with Maria Mukhortova anymore.

Interesting, I wonder if she is looking for a new partner and coach or if she is retiring? I hope not I would hate to not see her anymore.

nana7045
05-14-2011, 08:53 PM
I visited the "Inspiration" ice rink - Volosozhar/Trankov's rink - on Thursday. While they were not there as they were preparing for their training camp in Hackensack, leaving on Sunday, I learned that there are two new pairs. Tatiana Novik now skates with Andrei Novoselov and Mikhail Kuznetsov (Novik's former partner) now skates with Anna Silaeva (she competed in juniors last season with Artur Minchuk).

Eislauffan, thanks for your report from Moscow!

Is Volosozhar/Trankov going to Hackensack to join Morozov's camp?
Oh, Tatiana and Maxim would not have any summer vacation this year!
Hard worker! :D

Novik/Kuznetsov are my favorite pair, so so sad for their split:(
But they are young, I hope their new partnership will go well.

And, I REALLY worry about Maria Mukhortova....is she fine?
Vasilliev left her? Oh, poor Maria.....:fragile:

I'm looking forward to your more information from Russia! :cheer:

Eislauffan
05-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Nana, I also liked Novik/Kuznetsov, they were cute together, but she grew too tall for him. He is quite short for a pairs skater.
Volosozhar/Trankov will join Morozov's summer camp in Hackensack, yes.
As for Maria Mukhortova, Vasiliev said that she is exploring all options now, including skating in a show or looking for a new partner.

nana7045
05-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for your prompt reply, Eislauffan!

Maria is a beautiful pair skater, I know it's not easy, but hope she will come back.