PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

DELTA
05-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Is it a subtle way of saying that they are getting married? lol Would she get expedited Russian citizenship?

That's the impression that I got.

dinakt
05-04-2011, 12:54 AM
It might be just a joke.
What's clear is that nothing is clear- unless somebody knows some inside info.

-Miki says she might miss a year, and then she says she might not. Then she says she thinks she'll continue to Sochi, but might miss a year to rest at some point.
-Russian media says Morozov will coach only Russians next year; then Piseev says he still could coach Miki and Florent.
-Miki says she had no support from Japanese Federation and they encouraged her to drop Morozov; Morozov says she will skate, but maybe not for Japan.

It would make more sense if Ando and Morozov were indeed getting married; but the latest rumors indicate that Miki dates Javier.

It seems like a one big riddle. I am very curious what the outcome would be.

Ziggy
05-04-2011, 01:02 AM
The Ando comment has got to be joke, come on people.

Yeah, sure.

Well, I've seen Chan live on the JGP circuit and back then I was already extremely impressed with his basic skating. He had incredible speed and flow over the ice.

Gachinki's posture could be better, he doesn't extend his lines properly, he very often doesn't move in-time with the music, his basic skating could be smoother, his edges deeper, etc. etc.

Yes he's young and yes those things definitely can be improved.

However, I don't see Mishin as the guy to do that. He's been quoted in the past saying that only the jumps count and his skaters are a testament to that.

He always works with random choreographers that create very mediocre programs.

I just wish he could start working with better choreographers and treat the "packaging" aspect more seriously. Because Mishin's technique plus interesting choreography would be a killer combo.

Why does Miki have to sit out for two years if she switches nationality, while Volosozhar only had to sit out for one year?

Pairs and Ice Dance have relaxed rules because it often is impossible to find a partner in your country.

Moka-Ananas
05-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Considering that offcially she is dating Fernandez, she may well not know;)

Welcome to gang bang camp Morozov!

luCN
05-04-2011, 06:46 AM
That is definitely true.

I think he shouldn't have been on the podium because of that, btw.

The problem is, Mishin won't be able to do that.

He's the best coach in the world in terms of technique but he can't do packaging. :(

Another problem is that Gachinski seems hell bent on being a Plushenko clone and it looks ridiculous.

well,actually,I think Mishin is the best coach on jumping,but not the best in all techenique skills,especially on basic skating skills...

Look at the world gala final,the top 5 male skaters show their steps and basic skating.It's clearly Gachinsky and Brezina not as good as the other three,and the gap is big.

I don't think clone is a very big thing,but to do the same random choro without anything connect to music when he hasn't enough charming as Plushenko is a bad choice...:P

kwanfan1818
05-04-2011, 07:08 AM
I think Gachinski was very charming in the gala.

I would have expected him to be tighter and more serious in competition. At Euros, he did very well, but he also I remember how much he was hyped when he was 12, as if he was going to scorch through the Junior Men's and Men's field at 15 and follow directly in Plushenko's footsteps. It took him longer, but he just won bronze at his first World Championships.

Loves_Shizuka
05-04-2011, 07:10 AM
Gachinski is quite exciting, but everything he does looks unfinished and scratchy. He's got that whole MishinMessiness to him IMO. What I mean by that, is flashy tricks and showy "choreo" to mask what is quite weak SS IMO.

kwanfan1818
05-04-2011, 07:50 AM
I agree, but I admire him for skating pretty much his best at home and for letting it loose in the gala, especially with the wunderkind expectations placed on him for many years.

equatorial
05-04-2011, 07:56 AM
well,actually,I think Mishin is the best coach on jumping,but not the best in all techenique skills,especially on basic skating skills...

Mishin certainly CAN teach good basics. Yuri Ovchinnikov was his skater, IIRC. And when Plushenko was younger and his choreo not that silly, his good basics were quite visible ;) Mishin just chose to not pay attention to it, emphasizing big jumps instead. Where he is really not so good is in teaching spins. All his skaters had weak or weakish spins.

millipied
05-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Yes, Mishin is clueless and his students can't skate. Plushenko, Yagudin, Tuktamesheva have no skating skills.:rolleyes:

Only Chan has skating skills. In fact, he is the one who invented this sport.

luCN
05-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Mishin certainly CAN teach good basics. Yuri Ovchinnikov was his skater, IIRC. And when Plushenko was younger and his choreo not that silly, his good basics were quite visible ;) Mishin just chose to not pay attention to it, emphasizing big jumps instead. Where he is really not so good is in teaching spins. All his skaters had weak or weakish spins.

I once thought Plushenko did well because his nature talent...cause I can't see them on Gachin and ET and other mishin's young students...but maybe you are right,he may just not want to waste time on basic skills.and I agree their spins are awful to watch,although they can get high level and points.

luCN
05-04-2011, 08:58 AM
well,I don't know why you become so emotional.Gachinski's skating skills is certainly far behind Chan,Kozuka and Daisuka,everyone can see it.It's a fact,not attacking anyone.

Mishin's former students can't make too much sense,maybe they are too talented,maybe there are someone helped Mishin before but now left.maybe he just don't want to teach basic anymore,and want his students just jump and get point easily.we are discuss about the situation now,I think~

Autumn_girl
05-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Where he is really not so good is in teaching spins. All his skaters had weak or weakish spins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgRT-b8j0Os
and aspecially
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpP5fTlkN-c
both girls are from Mishin's group :rolleyes:

It's not like Mishin or other coaches from his group can't do or don't understand something. They just pay more attention on the most important things, but this sport changes and if 5-10 years ago skating skills or spins weren't as important as jumps, now a skater needs whole package. Plushenko is 6.0 skater, he didn't need Chan's skating skills or Lambiel spins to win, jumps were enough. He had decent SS and spins, but not more. Gachinski, although he is much younger, is a pretty much 6.0 skater too, but he and his coaches understand it's not enough and work on it, maybe he will never skate like Chan, but he can be better than now, give him some time.
And if you look at Mishin's younger students like Liza or two girls I mentioned before, also Tarasenko, they are already different and has pretty much of everything, not only jumps

Domshabfan
05-04-2011, 09:03 AM
well,I don't know why you become so emotional.Gachinski's skating skills is certainly far behind Chan,Kozuka and Daisuka,everyone can see it.It's a fact,not attacking anyone.

Mishin's former students can't make too much sense,maybe they are too talented,maybe there are someone helped Mishin before but now left.maybe he just don't want to teach basic anymore,and want his students just jump and get point easily.we are discuss about the situation now,I think~

Or Gachinski is little less talented... instead of clubbing all the Mishin's students together of the past and say they where all exceptions, why not say Gachinski is an exception?

ciocio
05-04-2011, 09:15 AM
What scares me is that Artur resembles too much to 28 years old Plushy not 17 y.o Plushy. :eek: