PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

letsskate
05-03-2011, 07:50 PM
There is interesting comment of Nikolay Morozov in new article of Vaitsehovskaya
http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2011-05-03/16_1/?view=page
Morozov said that it's possible Miki Ando will no longer represent Japan. On the question "Which country will she represent?" he shrugged "Russia" :eek:
Journalist was really surprised and doesn't know whether it's a joke.

Can someone translate this article please?? :)

Loves_Shizuka
05-03-2011, 08:10 PM
^My Russian isn't perfect, but I will try and summarise if that's any help?

*Ilia Averbukh is saying that he's worried S?Z teams are too far ahead of the others/the Russians at the moment, and he is unsure how they will close the gap.

*S/Z had a new record in coaching all three medallists. However, the top two were always certain, but it was the bronze that was available, and there were two RUS teams in with a chance (I/K and B/S, of course) P/B were the other team thought to have the chance, as ECs. However, after the postponement of Tokyo, Zhulin gave P/B some time-off - but it backfired. When they returned to training they looked out of sorts and out of shape. Also, there were personal problems witihn the group; after Bern (I think) Zhulin knew that P/B will go to K/C to train, though he pretended not to know;this caused problems though, and it was obvious that P/B were no longer in favour or his priority (in other words) Therefore, Zhulin considered P/B getting a bronze in Moscow would be a miracle, because P/B have basically hardly trained properly since Bern.

*Maxim Stavisky is quoted as saying that he thinks "giving the bronze to juniors (Shibs) is "madness"" (I think that's what he's saying)

*I/K's result at worlds is basically a "failure."

*Last year, the Shibs were far behind I/K - the Russians came first at Jnr worlds whilst Shibs were only 4th, but all year the Shibs have passed I/K, for example, on GP circuit and had a strong result at 4CC. So next year, the Shibs will have an obvious advantage, especially in PCS.

*Seems to be implying the Shibs started working on their programmes much sooner than I/K and that they worked harder. I.e they were better prepared, hence I/K's mistakes. Next year, Shibs are a top-team whilst I/K are "middle of the pack of peasants" (haha, that could just be my bad translation!)

*S/Z are clearly very good coaches and being very successful and are setting the pace in dance, something Russians normally lead in.

*B/S look...I can't work this bit out...think it's saying that B/S look a bit "old skool" in other words. I could be wrong.

*Gachinski did very well, the RSF are pleased, but they are also aware and concerned that he was 40pts behind Chan. (I really don't think they're THAT happy about this mens result - I get the impression that dance is their big focus now, probably because of tradition, and that their disappointment in dance is greater than their satisfaction in Gachinski)

*After her LP, Leonova announced she will train with Morozov. She has a gala in Korea and then goes to the US with the Morozov group, to train. Morozov is very in-demand, and it seems he will not be one of the coaches who only trains Russian skaters, as he likes to work abroad too.

*Morozov "admits that Ando will no longer compete for Japan...will skate for Russia." :eek: Really need a native speaker to read this bit, because the way I read it, it sounds very definite... which I can't believe! ...then it says, is this a joke? So i think it's a joke....

*Russian men have two sports for Euros and Worlds next year. Morozov is confident they can get three spots (I think)

*Chan said doing the quad in competition is very taxing and tiring, and so much harder to do this element in pressured competition, rather than training. Article wonders by whom and how Chan can be caught?

*Gachinski needs to gain more polish, become more sophisticated, improve components and technique, to challenge Chan, otherwise he has no chance.

*The best, most competitive Russians in Moscow were in pairs (obviously)

I think that's about it. I'm sorry I can't do a full translation and I'm sorry for the (bound-to-be) mistakes. I hope a native speaker can correct me. I don't want to give any misinformation and start awful rumours haha!

I'm tired now.:lol:

letsskate
05-03-2011, 08:12 PM
^Thank you!! looking forward to more! :)

JerseySlore
05-03-2011, 08:17 PM
There is interesting comment of Nikolay Morozov in new article of Vaitsehovskaya
http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2011-05-03/16_1/?view=page
Morozov said that it's possible Miki Ando will no longer represent Japan. On the question "Which country will she represent?" he shrugged "Russia" :eek:
Journalist was really surprised and doesn't know whether it's a joke.

:eek:
This explains her open resentment toward JSF, but wow.

Marco
05-03-2011, 08:21 PM
*Maxim Stavisky is quoted as saying that he thinks "giving the bronze to juniors (Shibs) is "madness"" (I think that's what he's saying)

But it's not the same in mens skating of course :shuffle:

Moka-Ananas
05-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Well if Miki wants to skate for Russia doesn't she have to sit out for 2 seasons?
And with the wonderbabies coming up and being eligible for Worlds and Euros in 2 years will she even make the team?
She didn't do any 3-3 at these Worlds and I doubt she will do them again in the near future. In addition to that, all of the Russian babies have multiple 3-3 combos.
I think that's a crazy idea...if true.

caseyedwards
05-03-2011, 08:35 PM
World Juniors was March last year so did the Shibutanis have their programs by April? I know I/K weren't doing programs til around August.

The whole article is very meh on the whole Gachinski medal and his chances for future success. Morozov really talks up Voronov.

Stephanie
05-03-2011, 08:40 PM
World Juniors was March last year so did the Shibutanis have their programs by April? I know I/K weren't doing programs til around August.

Regarding the Shibs, yes (it was in one of the many worlds articles)

Loves_Shizuka
05-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Well if Miki wants to skate for Russia doesn't she have to sit out for 2 seasons?
And with the wonderbabies coming up and being eligible for Worlds and Euros in 2 years will she even make the team?
She didn't do any 3-3 at these Worlds and I doubt she will do them again in the near future. In addition to that, all of the Russian babies have multiple 3-3 combos.
I think that's a crazy idea...if true.

It'd be MADNESS. I can't believe it's true, which is why I am concerned about my translation lol. Miki is clearly in a good position in Japan; she won Nats failry easily and is WC again. I know she doesn't have a great relaitonship with the JSF, but still... of course the depth in Japan is amazing, but it's not like there are any direct threats to her spot; Japan has good juniors emerging, but not the threats Russia has in Sot, Tuk and many others. The potential Russian depth is greater IMO. Miki would be mad to switch, and I really don't think it's true.

Ajax
05-03-2011, 08:45 PM
From what I know, Japan doesn't allow dual citizenship. Isn't that so? I thought that was why Yuko took so long to decide to get Russian citizenship to skate in the Olympics. I can't see Miki giving up her Japanese citizenship at all, especially when she doesn't speak Russian and most of her fanbase is in Japan, which is where she'll do most of the shows she needs to do to make money after she retires. This just sounds like a false rumor or a misunderstanding/joke to me.

Moka-Ananas
05-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Morozov really talks up Voronov.

of course he does, because Voronov is his student :rolleyes: and nevertheless totally failed in this season. I think Voronov is done and not a contender anymore. Guys like Menshov, Grigoriev, Borodulin, Bush or Gordi Pots are much better IMHO

Vagabond
05-03-2011, 08:49 PM
I believe that Morozov's statement that Ando may not (indeed, will not, if I understand the article correctly) be competing for Japan implies that she will not coming back after her planned year off. The fact that the reporter didn't understand this led her to ask him what country Ando would be representing, if not Japan. And that's when he made a joking remark that she'd compete for Russia.

None of this is to say Ando won't marry Morozov. Everyone else does at one time or another. :P

kia_4EverOnIce
05-03-2011, 08:51 PM
It seems totally absurd...I hope it was a joke!!!

it seems possible what you say, Vagabond, nevertheless, I still hope to see Miki competing again :)

Loves_Shizuka
05-03-2011, 09:02 PM
I believe that Morozov's statement that Ando may not (indeed, will not, if I understand the article correctly) be competing for Japan implies that she will not coming back after her planned year off.

I think you might be right...regardless, if she did skate for Russia, she couldn't until 2013, and by then I just don't think she'd be the same contender anymore...

MikiAndoFan#1
05-03-2011, 09:06 PM
I really don't think it's true, but I did get freaked out when I first read about it. :drama: