PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Autumn_girl
05-02-2011, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if I&K go to Shpilband/Zoueva. But I wonder how Zoueva would feel about that given that she's trying to get her son to the Olympics and presumably an Olympic medal.

Do I&K have any say themselves who coaches them or does the federation just tell them where to go?

Nothing happened yet. And most likely won't. I don't think I/K will leave Zhulin, especially Nikita

oleada
05-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Nothing happened yet. And most likely won't. I don't think I/K will leave Zhulin, especially Nikita

Phew. I so hope you're right!

kwanfan1818
05-02-2011, 08:58 PM
That looked true of Domnina/Shabalin with Gorshkov, until the Fed sent them packing to Linichuk. I'm sure Domnina's first choice was not to have an ocean between her and Kastomarov and her family and to live in suburban Delaware.

millipied
05-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Considering that Nikita is the weakest link in the team, he won't have much saying in the matter.

Autumn_girl
05-02-2011, 09:18 PM
That looked true of Domnina/Shabalin with Gorshkov, until the Fed sent them packing to Linichuk. I'm sure Domnina's first choice was not to have an ocean between her and Kastomarov and her family and to live in suburban Delaware.
If DomShab really wanted to stay with Gorshkov they would stay. But they thought about it and decided it's time to change something, it's not like the Fed made them go to Linichuk. Last year there were rumors about B/S and Linichuk, but B/S are still with Kustarova

Considering that Nikita is the weakest link in the team, he won't have much saying in the matter.
First, Zhulin has other opinion about it, he always said Nikita is better skater than Elena, but Elena is a better performer when it comes to show her best at the competition. Second, there already was a similar story with Ilyushechkina/Maisuradze. Nodari was agree to go to Vasiliev, Vasiliev was agree to coach them, but Lubov said no and nothing happened.

One more time: nothing happened yet. Piseev didn't say anything about coaching change for I/K. And I'm sure I/K themselfs have no idea about it

Hedwig
05-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Why change a winning team anyway? They are clearly on the right track. And they seem to enjoy being coached by Zhulin.
So keep your hands of them!!!

bek
05-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Why change a winning team anyway? They are clearly on the right track. And they seem to enjoy being coached by Zhulin.
So keep your hands of them!!!

They aren't a winning team yet. They have been inconsistent all season long. There free program is hardly the most difficult (as mentioned they have a lot more crossovers and stuff like that) but they still can't manage to skate it cleanly.

They were just passed by a team they were SOUNDLY beating last year.

I don't blame the Russian federation for having it. At the very least Zhulin should be on a short leash. This team is far too talented to waste, and the facts are if they want to compete for Gold in Sochi (and the Russian federation wants them to do) they need to improve technically to compete with the S/Z teams. Period.

What has Zhulin done this season to show the Russian Federation that he's the coach to get them there. When they've been messy and inconsistent all season long. And as for the whole well they weren't together as long as the other teams, the facts are that last year they were beating the Shibs soundly this year they aren't.

caseyedwards
05-02-2011, 10:42 PM
If a Russian team does not start beating the Shibs then there is just no way Russia will medal in ice dance in 2014 if DW and VM stay in. It would just be impossible if everyone is clean. Next seasons grand prix will be telling. Russia has to send its best teams to where PB and the Shibs are going to see if any can beat them.

reut
05-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Leonova goes to Morozov:
http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2011-05-03/16_2/

oleada
05-02-2011, 10:58 PM
That surprises me, she and Piatova seemed to have such a good relationship :eek:

risto1803
05-02-2011, 11:03 PM
The Russian Federation is obviously not happy with I/K and Zhulin. Let's assume they send them to Shpilbin and it is very possible that they would finish again behind Shibutanis next year. Then what? Will they scream after Shpilbin and Zueva?

I think that the RF is upset with Zhulin because he spends time on shows and makes I/K participate in them. They were also upset that he coached P/B. Now P/B are gone. I hope that all this mess is a way to make Zhulin commit 100% to coaching (which I think it is a good idea for I/K). Another possible solution that I see is to include Tarasova into the the Zhulin I/K team; that way they will be favored by the Federation.

Asli
05-02-2011, 11:10 PM
The Russian Federation is obviously not happy with I/K and Zhulin.

Is there really some indication of this? If they are so unhappy, how come they replaced R/T with I/K in the Worlds team? They weren't obliged to overturn the results of the Nationals. They must have been happy with I/K's 4th place at the Euros.

I think that the RF is upset with Zhulin because he spends time on shows and makes I/K participate in them.

Participating in some shows does a lot of good to young skaters, in the presentation department. All young skaters do it as much as possible, including Shpilband's couples.

Another possible solution that I see is to include Tarasova into the the Zhulin I/K team; that way they will be favored by the Federation.

:scream: We saw how that worked for Khokhlova/Novitski. they had to dump that atrocity of a FD tarasova gave them for the Olympic year.

risto1803
05-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Is there really some indication of this? If they are so unhappy, how come they replaced R/T with I/K in the Worlds team? They weren't obliged to overturn the results of the Nationals. They must have been happy with I/K's 4th place at the Euros.

Participating in some shows does a lot of good to young skaters, in the presentation department. All young skaters do it as much as possible, including Shpilband's couples.

:scream: We saw how that worked for Khokhlova/Novitski. they had to dump that atrocity of a FD tarasova gave them for the Olympic year.

I agree with everything you said; the idea that the Russian Federation is not happy with Zhilin came from today's interview with Pisseev. Honestly, the Russian federation sounds a bit confused-they probably don't even have an idea what to do; so just complain and blame other people.

millipied
05-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Leonova goes to Morozov:
http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2011-05-03/16_2/

Well, that was long coming. Those programs and packaging are not doing her any favors.She needs "star-making" coach. I just did not expect it to be Morozov.
So Voronov, Leonova, V/T. Who is next? Dance team is missing;)

oleada
05-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Well, that was long coming. Those programs and packaging are not doing her any favors.She needs "star-making" coach. I just did not expect it to be Morozov.
So Voronov, Leonova, V/T. Who is next? Dance team is missing;)

And Maxim Kovtun (Junior man, likely on JGP next year), which was mentioned in the last page.