PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

dinakt
04-23-2011, 05:16 AM
Well, that's a turnaround from TAT's early season comments on them. :)

No kidding:lol:
Another TAT's quote from the video:
"Zhulin is a Creator, and and it's not an accident this team is with him... They fit with each other so well"
Oy. It's really nice to hear her say that, but I cannot help but think back to last fall, when Zhulin, Elena and Nikita were not given a slightest benefit of a doubt. Sure hope the Worlds goes well for them; they are under such scrutiny.

Other little tidbits:
- Lena says she had a huge crush on Nikita even before pairing up with him, when they were both in singles.
-She also says she could not stand Nikita critisizing her in anything, which led to constant quarrels, between them and even between parents.
- Lena is very grateful to her Grandma, who, she says, dedicated her life to Lena's well- being
-NIkita's Mom taught him how to skate; she is a coach.
- Beginning of this season was not easy; getting used to being in Seniors; but they worked very hard before the Europeans
Nikita: they always watch and analyze other skaters on youtube, but seeing the leaders live, competing with them is a different feeling.
- Nikita: we lost a lot of points on our Golden Waltz section at Europeans, but our Free program we skated all out; Nikita says he was completely exhausted afterwards.

Then TAT intersects that they are the future and the present, and she wants them to work more :shuffle:.

Zhulin- "You cannot compare them to anybody; they are strong individuals, both of them. Even now there is a bit of competition between them, who is the "top dog". Zhulin does not want to squish it, he thinks it is useful, but he always explains to them that as they are a team, a success of one is directly beneficial to another; so if Elena does something even better, that actually benefits both of them, but Nikita also always wants to win, in artistry and difficulty.

Usova/ Zhulin has been the favorite dance team of Lena's Mom ( accompanied by a very cute clip of Zhulin auditioning little Lena)

-Lena and Nikita praise Zhulin; say that he knows them very well and knows when to be demanding and when- forgiving

-Zhulin- "When I feel they become lazy, I become an authoritarian; but I prefer to be positive. It's important to be strict with some people, but encouraging with others. Nikita, like Roman Kostomarov, thrive when encouraged. Lena needs more discipline; if you compliment her too much, she starts thinking she's "all that" and relaxes; Nikita though, when criticized too often, can become discouraged"

... followed by a clip of Volkov yelling at them "You look like two woodcutters!"

,,, then clip of Vlasova with I/K in the ballet studio
Vlasova: "When you are tired, you need to work twice as hard. Because it's very rarely that everything comes together easily; normally work is hard, exhausting. Of course inside me I could feel pity for them at times, but I understand, even if they are exhausted, we need give it all to work. If I am too lenient, there will be no success.

Then the part when Lena says how Kostomarov yelled and pushed Navka while training for the Olympics, but Navka calmly shrugged it off and said "Let's work". Lena was very impressed with such result- oriented approach.

NIkita: "When Tatiana Navka skates with me, I don't even have to do anything- she can so it all, after so much work that she did"
Tanya Navka: "They are beautiful, talented, unique, they know how to dance, they are unlike anybody. The future depends on them. If they percevere in this grueling work, if they can handle all the many difficulties they'll have ahead of them, all will be well"

***my aside- that was a great program, lots of long training clips, past and present; I highly recommend it even if you don't speak Russian.

oleada
04-23-2011, 05:42 AM
Thank you very much, iris81! Your English is great :)

julieann
04-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks dinakt!

Zhulin seems like a great coach. :cool:

Asli
04-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks iris81 and dinakt! :cheer2:

rfisher
04-23-2011, 01:03 PM
http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/Figurnoe_katanie/spbvideo_Maksim-Tranikov-i-Tatiyana-Volosozhar-na-lidu-i-vne-ego
New video about Volosozhar-Trankov
They say again that Tanya likes to skate to lyrical programs, Max prefers short program. During performance they sometimes talk to each other - when they need to tell how more steps/moves to do. Max skates without socks.

I have totally rearranged my teaching schedule around the pairs competition next week. :lol:

iris81
04-23-2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.rg.ru/2011/04/20/figuristy-poln.html
Nina Mozer says on May 15 they (V-T) are going to USA to Nikolai Morozov to prepare new programs and to take choreography lessons on Broadway.

oleada
04-23-2011, 09:34 PM
iris81 and dinakt - thanks for all the info and articles!

Ziggy
04-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Leonova showed her SP in St-Petersburg Cup final:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ie1FN2CyY

Beautifully presented.

The jumps though... as usual. :wall:

She always gets so emotional. If she's not working with a sport psychologist, she definitely should. It must be very hard for her to maintain focus, given her personality.

I will miss her. :(

Wonderbabies might be better jumpers, but none of them have the personality and presence of Leonova.

http://www.rg.ru/2011/04/20/figuristy-poln.html
Nina Mozer says on May 15 they (V-T) are going to USA to Nikolai Morozov to prepare new programs and to take choreography lessons on Broadway.

Sounds great. They have the elements but the second mark needs a lot of work.

MikiAndoFan#1
04-25-2011, 12:54 AM
I will miss her. :(

Is she retiring?

Macassar88
04-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Leonova showed her SP in St-Petersburg Cup final:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ie1FN2CyY
YAGUDIN!!!
lol
Hopefully she can do better than this performance. I like the footwork, but I don't like her spins. It annoys me that in the transitions between positions in her spins, sometimes, she bends her knees and breaks the line.

Ziggy
04-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Is she retiring?

She's being retired. :P

Kasey
04-25-2011, 01:54 AM
I think the implication is, with the Russian wunderbabies in ladies coming up to senior level in the next year and two, there will be little place for Leonova unless she dramatically improves a LOT

Ziggy
04-25-2011, 01:57 AM
I think the implication is, with the Russian wunderbabies in ladies coming up to senior level in the next year and two, there will be little place for Leonova unless she dramatically improves a LOT

Yep.

She has pretty much zero chance of making the team unless she becomes super consistent (which she's never been).

Fashionista
04-25-2011, 08:44 AM
She always gets so emotional. If she's not working with a sport psychologist, she definitely should.

She does.

MikiAndoFan#1
04-25-2011, 09:03 AM
She's being retired. :P

:lol:

Yeah, she really needs to step up to her game. Go Alena! :cheer2: