PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

millipied
03-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I do agree that we are not going to enjoy the S/H's two-footed quads for too long. Shame:(

pinky166
03-23-2011, 05:05 AM
Wow!

I agree. I was surprised when Liza scored 110 for her FS, not that she didn't deserve it per se, it's just that watching that skate, she doubled 2 intended triples and had shaky landings on almost all the jumps she did land - except for the 2a tano and 3lo which were landed beautifully. I thought her score would be closer to what Gao and Shoji scored - 100ish.

Regarding Shelepen, she doesn't seem to have a great reputation with the judges. She can rack up a pretty good score when she skates well and lands the big tricks, but if she makes even minor mistakes it seems she penilized pretty severely. At both the JGPF and Jr. Worlds, she only managed mid 90s for her FS and she didn't really bomb either skate, just had a couple issues in both. And her PCS are not among the best even when she is spot on. I think she has potential to be a contender for Sochi, but she has a lot to work on if she wants to get there. I also think Rosa and Anna probably have more potential than Polina at this point, but they are even more inconsistent and Rosa may not have even hit her growthspurt, so we'll see what happens in coming years. It will sure be exciting to watch! I wonder if Polina Agafonova and Rosa will move up to the senior GP next season, if they do along with Adelina, Liza, and Polina, it might be hard for them all to get 2 events!

Sylvia
03-23-2011, 01:00 PM
I can see Sotnikova and Tuktamisheva both getting 2 Senior Grand Prix events apiece, but with the rumored cuts of GP singles slots from 72 to 60 (12 to 10 ladies and men in each GP), it may be tougher for Polina Shelepen to get 2. Rosa Sheveleva and Polina Agafonova are better off going back to the JGP and piling up as many ISU ranking points as possible.

Thanks for translating, TAHbKA! Especially Lakernik's "Of course it's hard to say right now whether anything will become of them - the female physiology is unpredictable."

BittyBug
03-23-2011, 01:08 PM
......with the rumored cuts of GP singles slots from 72 to 60 (12 to 10 ladies and men in each GP).....Seriously? They just keep whittling away at competitions. Why bother having the GP at all, then? :rolleyes:

Sylvia
03-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Seriously? They just keep whittling away at competitions. Why bother having the GP at all, then? :rolleyes:
The rumored cuts were first brought up in this earlier 2011-12 Grand Prix thread post in mid-February: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3072608&postcount=29

nuge
03-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Bobrova/Soloviev's speed on the ice is quite good actually, much improved from last year IMO. Now they are one of the faster teams and are able to keep their speed through the footwork. :)

If you mean the rythm of the music, it is medium rather than slow. It being zzzzzz or not is subjective of course.

Could be the music yes ' it is rather boring .
When I watch these two it seems to me that they are having to really push for speed .It just really looks like it's hard work whereas other teams eg V/M P/B have great flow B/S to me don't have it as much.
Maybe it's just the FD as the SD is good.

let`s talk
03-23-2011, 03:25 PM
http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/volosozhartrankov/171041.html

somebody on ontd translated the whole story:
http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_skating/1048333.html

Sotnikova and Tuktamisheva
she reminds of ... baby Liza?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrNIpTQYCM0
..and he...?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wYW-mkj3J4
:saint:

pinky166
03-23-2011, 06:13 PM
I can see Sotnikova and Tuktamisheva both getting 2 Senior Grand Prix events apiece, but with the rumored cuts of GP singles slots from 72 to 60 (12 to 10 ladies and men in each GP), it may be tougher for Polina Shelepen to get 2. Rosa Sheveleva and Polina Agafonova are better off going back to the JGP and piling up as many ISU ranking points as possible.

Thanks for translating, TAHbKA! Especially Lakernik's "Of course it's hard to say right now whether anything will become of them - the female physiology is unpredictable."

It's unfortunate Shelepen didn't skate her best at the JGPF and Jr. Worlds where she could have secured herself a senior GP assignment with a medal. Also, finishing behind Leonova and Makarova at nationals doesn't help her case either, and it's too bad because the way Alena and Ksenia have been skating this season, she had a decent chance of beating both at the nationals but it didn't happen. I tend to think she can still get 2 though because Russia has COR so she could get a host spot and then another assignment the regular way as her WS is pretty high from all her medals last season. Birykova is more likely to be the girl to only get 1 GP assignment, which is a shame because I like her skating a lot.

JGP shouldn't be nearly as intense next season for the ladies with Adelina, Liza, Christina, and Polina all moving up to seniors. But I guess if Vanessa, Rosa, Polina A, Anna, Kiri, Risa, Zijun all do JGP again then it could be pretty tough still - although I have no idea what any of those girls plan to do, and wouldn't be that surprised if Zijun, Risa, and Kiri opted to do the SGP.

Moka-Ananas
03-23-2011, 09:46 PM
..and he...?

I'm impressed by Samarin. He reminds me a bit of Yagudin. Who's his coach?

oleada
03-23-2011, 09:49 PM
I'm impressed by Samarin. He reminds me a bit of Yagudin. Who's his coach?

Inna Goncharenko, who is also Radionova's coach.

I agree; he's got potential. He's JGP eligible next year.

Macassar88
03-23-2011, 10:01 PM
somebody on ontd translated the whole story:
http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_skating/1048333.html

..and he...?

I can definitely see the Liza similarities especially in the arms. I love the position in her layback before she goes into the Biellmann.
As for the second one, Irina Slutskaya and only because he does turning threes into a triple loop.

Autumn_girl
03-24-2011, 06:11 AM

I think that Elena is probably even better than Liza was at her age. Liza was pretty unpolished and didn't have 3F, Elena has all triples and 3-3 and better spins. But what I like the most in this girl are her expression and musicality

I agree; he's got potential. He's JGP eligible next year.
And I hope he will get at least one JGP!
I also liked this boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMIXfi-X5G0

caseyedwards
03-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Samarin 20th in short program and 8th in LP at 2011 Russian Junior nationals. Certainly a clean performance.

Fashionista
03-24-2011, 10:00 AM
But I guess if Vanessa, Rosa, Polina A, Anna, Kiri, Risa, Zijun all do JGP again

And don't forget about Lipnitskaya who's age eligible next season. She easily may blow the field away.

Macassar88
03-24-2011, 02:27 PM
And don't forget about Lipnitskaya who's age eligible next season. She easily may blow the field away.

Is she the really flexible one?