PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Kasey
03-07-2011, 09:11 PM
I didn't say she was to be blamed for the breakup. I said I think it will be hard to find another partner for her. Blanchard could have been a really great match, if they had taken time to really try to work it out together. I'm not sure she's going to find someone young, that matches her ability, in the current crop of skaters; especially SINCE the Russian pairs field is so deep. If she changed country, maybe.

Whether the SWTC factor is reliable info (and I thought that at least once this season Vasilliev had acknowledged it), it could be seen as a factor if one takes into account Trankov's tales of woe while being the partner in that particular setting, and who knows if it had any impact on the death of M/B...

M/B had also done one of the Russian cup events, or Moscow open or something. It's unfortunate that their debut event was one that V/T were also at, and they ended up looking quite ill-prepared (which I think they were, at the time) and unspectacular in comparison.

julieann
03-08-2011, 06:19 AM
M/B competed three times. Their first competition together was the 5th stage Cup of Russia where they placed second with a score of 173.99 behind V/T who scored 201.45.

They were second in the Memorial Panina with a score of 170.29 behind K/S who were first with score of 199.84. Both competitions pretty comparable and respectable considering his experience and their time together.

They bombed at Russian Nationals with a score of 148.63 and I think that may have been what really discouraged them. Too bad; they really looked good together. He really needed more time after not competing for so long and they need time togther as a pair. It wasn't like he competed at the Olympics last year. I really wish her well no matter she does.

Artifice
03-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Yes, it's too bad for M&B. They just needed time. Maybe the money was the big issue and the reason that led them to stop. Blanchard had no income and if Vassiliev can't get paid neither, it's impossible to go on.
But as a pair M&B can do something very good, they just need other training conditions, a different coach (paid) and country.

Fashionista
03-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Yes, it's too bad for M&B. They just needed time. Maybe the money was the big issue and the reason that led them to stop.

Vasiliev said in his interview there were sponsors ready to give needed amount of money for the next season training.
So, no, miney wasn't the main issue in their decision to end the partnership.

let`s talk
03-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Johnny Weir gave some interviews when he was in St-Petersburg for Mishin's show and said the following (partly):

"I am always happy to come to Russia. St-Petersburg has the magnificent architecture, a lot of historical sites, I am simply happy to be here at the jubilee of my teacher.
The show was done beautifully. In Russia coaches are treated with great love and respect. I think in the US it wouldn't be even possible to have such a show. There all attention is paid to skaters, coaches are in their shadow.
When I was 13yo I came to Mishin's training camp for the very first time. I was very nervous and I was scared. I didn't speak Russian and Mishin didn't speak English. In spite of my fear I could perform all my jumps and spins."

"My dream is to skate in Sochi. Of course you can't prepare for the Olympics if you train 2-3 times a week. But till 2014 I have enough time. I want to skate in Russian Olympics very much. I do feel like a Russian in spirit.
(about Makarova):
Ksenia looks like a Queen. She is very feminine. But it was very hard for her to compete with Adelina, Liza and Julia. I will do my best to support her in Tokyo. I will be working there for the Japanese television as a commentator. I am very worried for her, she is like a sister to me."

www.sport812.ru/news/9934-Dzhonni_Vejr_V_detstve_boyalsya_ehat_na_sbor_k_Mis hinu.html
www.gazeta.ru/sport/2011/03/a_3547933.shtml

Artifice
03-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Vasiliev said in his interview there were sponsors ready to give needed amount of money for the next season training.
So, no, miney wasn't the main issue in their decision to end the partnership.

But he also said that this money wasn't enough to have the right conditions to train well and that they needed much more. So, there is an issue with money.

vivika1982
03-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Mukhortova plans to continue her sport career and is waiting for the end of the season to find a new partner.
Vasiliev mentioned that one of her options is to skate in show.
Jerome is in France now.

http://www.baltinfo.ru/2011/03/04/Dlya-figuristki-Mukhortovoi-vnov-ischut-novogo-partnera-191451

With the help of google translate and my limited Russian :slinkaway:

Maria Mukhortova is looking again for a new partner
St. Petersburg, March 4.
Skater Maria Mukhortova was left again without a partner, but expects to continue her sport career. Sportswoman still trains under the guidance of Oleg Vasiliev in St. Petersburg. The coach himself told “Baltinfo”

This season, Maria Mukhortova skated in tandem with French skater Jerome Blanchard. The athlete’s mentor Oleg Vasiliev predicted that the pair would have a great future. However, the failure at the national championships in Saransk, where Mukhortova and Blanchard took a seventh place, put a cross on the future of the duo. A month ago, skaters decide to no longer perform together because of lack of financial support from the Federation of figure skating in Russia.

Nevertheless, Maria Mukhortova has no intention to terminate her sport’s career. She will continue to train under the guidance of Oleg Vasiliev and waits for the end of the season to choose a new partner.

"We have several options that are acceptable for Maria. One of them is to continue her athletic career. The second - participation in various shows and the transition to professional sports " - Vasiliev stressed ,in an interview with a reporter from “BaltInfo “.

According to him, today the choice of partners is small. There are not many suitable skaters in the "market" who could stand up in a couple of Mukhortova.

"Is not so simple to find a partner in the middle of the season . They usually don’t roll on the way. Some movement is expected at the end of the World Championship. We are forced to occupy the waiting position. I think only in 2-3 months something can change, "- said Maria Mukhortova‘s coach.

Couple Mukhortova - Blanchard is aimed at the Olympic Games 2014 in Sochi

We recall that less than a year ago, Maria Mukhortova was in a similar situation. After the 2010 World Championship her previous partner - Maxim Trankov, announced that in the future he will skate with another skater, Ukrainian Tatiana Volosozhar. Not immediately, but Mukhortova found another partner - Frenchman Jerome Blanchard, with whom she planned to compete at the Olympic Games in Sochi.

"Of course there were difficulties of psychological nature. But now Maria is feeling relatively well ", - admitted Vasiliev.

As for Jerome Blanchard, the French figure skater returned to France where he plans to work in the family business - his family has a small hotel. The athlete has not yet expressed a particular desire to return to the sport . Blanchard also did not make any requests to his mentor to enroll him in any ice show.

It is a pitty because they looked nice together.

Vash01
03-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Thanks Vivika for the translation. I was really hoping M&B coud develop into something special; they looked so good as a pair. I wish they had waited and allowed themselves more time to develop.

Autumn_girl
03-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Quad lutz by Vladislav Sezganov
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIv1_eYk9Cg

MikiAndoFan#1
03-13-2011, 05:31 PM

That was amazing!

IceAlisa
03-13-2011, 05:59 PM
That's so interesting that Johnny had always felt a kinship with the Russians and Ksenia is supposedly very American.

I remember the first time I saw him skate years ago and immediately thought that he skates like a Russian.

bek
03-13-2011, 07:37 PM
That's so interesting that Johnny had always felt a kinship with the Russians and Ksenia is supposedly very American.

Well Johnny trained with Ksenia.

IceAlisa
03-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Well Johnny trained with Ksenia.

I know that. That's not what I meant. I am talking about an American boy who feels Russian and a Russian girl who feels American.

Artifice
03-14-2011, 01:07 PM
I don't get how it is possible that Maria finds a new partner when she actually just broke up with a good one because of financial reasons. How can she expect to have more financial support now ?

Macassar88
03-15-2011, 03:36 AM
YAY! That's really cool! I hope he can get it credited in competition.