PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

oleada
03-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Are you talking to me? :P

If you want :P

IceAlisa
03-05-2011, 03:49 AM
Here's a summary, not quite word for word:

Adelina was the first 12 year old who was allowed to compete at senior Nationals which she won. She also won Junior Nationals. Since then, says her coach Elena Vodorezova young girls have been allowed to compete at Senior Nationals.

This created a sensation in the skating world. Now Adelina is 14 and is trying to ignore the heightened interest in her person. She doesn't have time to read reviews and is critical toward herself. She does not like to exaggerate her achievements.

Adelina: They say I am the future and the hope and so on. I am hoping to make it to the Olympics but there are still 3 years left. A lot of things could change in 3 years. I don't like to guess at the future.

She spends nearly 24 hours a day at the training facility sleeping on the couch. Wise and pragmatic beyond her years, all she cares about is jump combos and not dating.

Adelina: It's kind of silly. I am too young for this. Honestly, I don't feel this...Ooooh I need to dress up and go out on a date. Don't yet feel this, thankfully.

Her coach Elena Vodorezova made history by being the youngest athlete at Olympic Games. She knows a thing or two what it's like to still be a child and number one in ladies skating all at the same time. Elena Germanovna tries to prepare Adelina not just in terms of technique but also psychologically.

Elena: She is a precocious fighter which is unusual in a girl and especially at this age. She hasn't lost the whole season, a rare thing in figure skating.

Not every skater has the honor of having TAT at their practice session. TAT attends Adelina's quite often. Not only that, TAT is involved in music selection and choreography for Adelina.

TAT: From the technical standpoint Adelina jumps a men's combination. Not even a man can jump a lutz/loop combo. No one does this one, Adelina is the only one. She has huge jumps, works on the clarity of movement, is very flexible and can withstand a lot.

After practice Adelina is frequently the last to make it to class. Her teachers are used to this, having heard all about her rigorous training schedule. (Adelina writes in her notebook and is a leftie!) The teaching staff at this school is used to star students. The famous hockey player Alexander Ovechkin (woo hoo!!!) attended this school. Unlike the C student Ovechkin, Sotnikova is a B student and tries to make it to class more regularly. She also gets tutoring and tries not to fall too far behind on her assignments.

Teacher: This girls is a hero. She never rests. She comes, she sighs, puts down her notebook and gets to work. Sometimes I take extra time to help her catch up with the class. She has unbelievable work ethic.

Adelina: I don't just think about the sport, I want to finish school and hope not to be a C student. I don't want to devote my life to the sport alone, I want to catch up and actually know things.

She still has to polish her signature jumps and catch up on her homework ahead of Junior Worlds. She will have to balance school and skating all the way until the 2014 Sochi Olympics. It is possible she will get the Olympic gold before she gets her high school diploma.

oleada
03-05-2011, 03:55 AM
Thank you, IceAlisa! :cheer:

IceAlisa
03-05-2011, 04:01 AM
My pleasure. Isn't she a doll?

oleada
03-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Totally. She seems so grounded and like such a hard worker. Kick ass tonight, Adelina :kickass:

IceAlisa
03-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Up and coming Russian ladies are very exciting! :cheer2:

risto1803
03-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Up and coming Russian ladies are very exciting! :cheer2:

Yes, that is amazing.

Unfortunately, the Russian men have never been weaker. There is Gachinski, but with a coach like Mishin (great technical coach), there is now way that he will get any interesting and modern programs. And, who else? The men that bombed at the Junior World Championship? Maybe Urmanov should learn how to produce consistent skaters with interesting and innovative programs.
Seriously, do russian coaches see what is the trend in figure skating? It is not just jumps...well they can't even jump right now.

3T3T
03-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Dissapointed to hear of the end of Murkhotova/Blanchard. I really liked them as a couple, technically they had room for improvement but I liked their style. Granted the depth in Russian pairs at the moment is ridiculous at the moment, so they would have been hard pushed to make a European or Worlds. I still think she (or they) are a bit premature in calling it quits.

It says in the article on baltinfo that he is going to work in the family hotel and that he has expressed no desire to return to skating. Surely who would have a good career in show skating. I wonder would the Russian maybe release her to skate for another country? She may not want to go down that route though.

I wonder would Golubev or Bezmaternikh be interested?

Moka-Ananas
03-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Bezmaternikh was already paired with another young girl.

let`s talk
03-05-2011, 03:40 PM
I know plenty of people in the old country who smoked pot but never touched any other illicit drugs. That's what is old, the belief that all pot smokers end up shooting up and dying from heroin overdose. My late grandmother used to believe that.
:lol: I am slightly younger than your grandmother with her old belief or whatever you call it. Good for your buddies that they didn't end up on the needle. If such a happy story happens all the time. It doesn't. Simply because at your time heroin was almost exotic. Things change after the Afghan War and especially after the collapse of the USSR, when some new state borders became a joke. Pot and heroin are in the same criminal circle. Not a surprise that they (people who treat drug addicts) say that 93% of heroin users start with anasha. You can read the links if you wish and feel free to nigma for more.
www.regioncentre.ru/resources/books/geroin/geroin6/
www.dvoi.ru/index.php?page=anti&sub=marijuana2
http://lenta.ru/conf/gofman/
Then, if you are interested, you can tell your word on visitor's message, or PI, or OBT, or whatever. I am not interested in discussing this stuff in GSD, especially on Russian thread. :D

It says in the article on baltinfo that he is going to work in the family hotel and that he has expressed no desire to return to skating.
Good for him. I hope his family business will be successful. :)

Vasiliev says they are waiting till the Worlds. Then things maybe will change, after 2-3 months.... oh... :rolleyes:

Autumn_girl
03-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Bezmaternikh was already paired with another young girl.
And Golubev will pair with Anna Silaeva very likely

Domshabfan
03-05-2011, 03:47 PM

is russian ded following the forum, because that was another skater with WEAK partner.

oleada
03-05-2011, 03:47 PM

What about Artur Minchuk? Are Silaeva/Golubev JGP eligible?

I hope to see the young teams like Petaykina/Kurdukov, Semenova/Petukhov, Fedorova/Miroshkin, Tudvaseva/Liseev, Kazantseva/Cordeiro, etc over Silaeva/Michuk (though obviously it seems like they split), Astakova/Bochkov, Vasilieva/Shevchuk in the JGP. The first set is less tested but far more interesting and promising.

Autumn_girl
03-05-2011, 03:56 PM
What about Artur Minchuk? Are Silaeva/Golubev JGP eligible?

They are searching a new partner for Artur. There are rumors about changes in Velikov's group and seems like only Stolbova/Klimov will stay together.
I guess they are not eligible, Golubev was born in the first half of 1989

I hope to see the young teams like Petaykina/Kurdukov, Semenova/Petukhov, Fedorova/Miroshkin, Tudvaseva/Liseev, Kazantseva/Cordeiro, etc over Silaeva/Michuk (though obviously it seems like they split), Astakova/Bochkov, Vasilieva/Shevchuk in the JGP. The first set is less tested but far more interesting and promising.
Me too! I just looove Fedorova/Miroshkin, they are cute!

IceAlisa
03-05-2011, 04:47 PM
:lol: I am slightly younger than your grandmother with her old belief or whatever you call it. Good for your buddies that they didn't end up on the needle. If such a happy story happens all the time. It doesn't. Simply because at your time heroin was almost exotic. Things change after the Afghan War and especially after the collapse of the USSR, when some new state borders became a joke. Pot and heroin are in the same criminal circle. Not a surprise that they (people who treat drug addicts) say that 93% of heroin users start with anasha. You can read the links if you wish and feel free to nigma for more.
www.regioncentre.ru/resources/books/geroin/geroin6/
www.dvoi.ru/index.php?page=anti&sub=marijuana2
http://lenta.ru/conf/gofman/
Then, if you are interested, you can tell your word on visitor's message, or PI, or OBT, or whatever. I am not interested in discussing this stuff in GSD, especially on Russian thread. :D

Thank you for the links. I am well aware how things have changed in terms of drug use in Russia over the last 20 years. None of the links said that everyone who smokes pot necessarily graduates to heroin. The second link contained many factual inaccuracies.

The third link said that there are no reliable statistics on marijuana use. I was happy to read about the position on Methadone.

He also says:
Срок 10 лет зависит от того, как употреблять марихуану. Если человек раз в месяц курит, это одно дело, а если каждый день? Какую марихуану потребляет человек, сколько раз в день? So it can be inferred that marijuana use is not always a straightforward way to dependency and/or heroin.

Again, none of them contained any data that would point to inevitable use of heroin after using marijuana. Yes, many people start with pot and go on to heroin but nothing says that all or even most do.
Very sad about the prevalent problem of dependency.