PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Domshabfan
02-08-2011, 02:42 PM
But where is their amazing Зойч (http://www.mr-mr.ru/uploads/2010/09/zoich.jpg)?

i love it... especially the upside down olympic rings... frog will make few children not to ever go near a winter sport venue

TAHbKA
02-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Yes!:P Thanks a lot!
Would you sit in Vasilievīs taxi if it would be Peugeot?

Only if he moved my furniture first. In a `Marusya'

senorita
02-08-2011, 02:45 PM
But where is their amazing Зойч (http://www.mr-mr.ru/uploads/2010/09/zoich.jpg)?
LOL, why there is a frog crone?t is a frog princess? and what is this on its mouth?

The santa claus is somewhat relevant by the way?Or the twitter bird is a Sochi species?
I want Misha, bear, the leopard and crazy sunflower.

MarieM
02-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks again TAHbKA !! He seems so ... sour no ?

rfisher
02-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks again TAHbKA !! He seems so ... sour no ?

Hmm....and he's sort of blaming the fed while he does admit their Russian Nationals program wasn't the best. I find it difficult to think M/B would have had to be twice as good as the field to be recognized. I'd think that spot would have been V/T if anybody given she's not Russian and their coach is not an elite senior pairs coach. Yet, they put in the work and achieved the greatest success. Maybe M/B just don't have the work ethic required for the current level of pairs skating in Russia?

:watch: What will happen?

Vash01
02-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Vasiliev: I'm fed up with all that crap. Interview by Inessa Rasskazova (http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/436583)
IR: You mentioned you counted on the Federation's support. What sort of support?
OV: If I was fired from my position as a coach in May what sort of support can I expect? It was obvious back then there would be no support. Even the moral support is important.

IR: If you leave figure skating, what will you do?
OV: I love figure skating. I could never become a taxi driver in NY or a mover in Chicago. In the last couple of years I received many suggestions one way or another related to figure skating. I had to decline because I was totally focused on the pairs: Totmianina/Marinin, Mukhortova/Trankov and, eventually, Mukhortova/Blanchard. I will be going to Asia, California and Florida. Then back to Chicago and then - back to my hometown St. Petersburg. I will try to estimate what is the state of all those projects and then will decide. So allow me to repeat: right now - I dont' know.

IR: There are rumours about your possible work with Ilushechkina/Maisuradze
OV: Yet another speculation. I had no contacts with the skaters from Pavlova's group.

Thanks for posting the interview. I am a bit confused by it.

I understand that M&B did not get financial support from their Fed.

Was Vasiliev fired by the Russian Fed as a coach for Russian skaters, or just fired from the M&B coaching position?

He is still talking about coaching- or at least he says he loves FS. Can he still coach another pair, like I&M for example? Not that I&M want to leave their current coach, AFAIK.

May be he is too fed up with his Fed to even try coaching another Russian pair?

easilydistracte
02-08-2011, 08:19 PM
I found this video of Kavaguti/Smirnov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6fCRgZp-6w) from Gala practice at the Europeans. They deserve a gold medal just to let the organisers know how they feel without raising a voice, very Gandhian of them.I watched that video a couple of days ago--it really cracked me up! Smirnov's such a goofball (--in a good way! I think I read somewhere that Yuko said she likes skating with him because he makes her laugh. . . ).

Great translation, TAHbKA. Vasiliev seems to be in an extremely difficult position re: coaching Russian pairs if he's got differences with the Russian fed. I wonder if he would consider coaching non-Russian pairs if it were worth his while?

loopey
02-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks TAHbKA for another great translation.

Oleg is coming to California? Wonder where?

zhenya271
02-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Probably off topic but I just saw the candidate Sochi mascots on FB :)
http://www.facebook.com/andreas.ebling#!/album.php?aid=268523&id=143539188860

I like the bear, I think the Ded Moroz, Father Frost is too holiday like.

Asli
02-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Hmm....and he's sort of blaming the fed while he does admit their Russian Nationals program wasn't the best.

He seems to imply that even if M/B had not screwed up at the Nationals, they still would not have the support of the federation, as proven by the fact that Vasiliev got removed from his position last May. :confused:

Was Vasiliev fired by the Russian Fed as a coach for Russian skaters, or just fired from the M&B coaching position?

In his other interview, which TAHbKA posted on page 5 of this thread, Vasiliev says that he was fired from his position as head coach in the Russian pairs preparation center where all coaches work. I assume that is a summer training camp, is it? So maybe this summer someone else was head coach. I can't see why he would think that is a big deal, as there is no reason why Vasiliev should be the head coach indefinitely above all of the other experienced Russian coaches.

As far as I understand he has not been fired from his job in his rink in St Petersburg.

Fashionista
02-08-2011, 11:04 PM
I understand that M&B did not get financial support from their Fed.

Till Nationals they got some support from Spb federation.

As far as I understand he has not been fired from his job in his rink in St Petersburg.
You understand it correctly.

Artifice
02-09-2011, 09:20 AM
My understanding of the situation (not of what Vassiliev said) is that M/B didn't reach fast enough the required level to be on top at Nationals, and after that they lost the financial support they benefited until then. It therefore can't help them to continue training. To me it has nothing to do with politics, had they skated well they would have got rewarded accordingly.

The challenge was probably too ambitious, but they for sure had potential together, they just needed more time (and more work ?).
I think it's a pity that they actually expected so much in a too short time and putting all their hopes for this year instead of planning a long term goal and adjust financial strategy accordingly.

rfisher
02-09-2011, 12:01 PM
I think the argument regarding time together would have been stronger for them with the federation except for the fact V/T and G/E were together for the same amount of time and Glebova wasn't even a pairs skater to begin with. I have to wonder about work ethic.

Fashionista
02-09-2011, 12:04 PM
My understanding of the situation (not of what Vassiliev said) is that M/B didn't reach fast enough the required level to be on top at Nationals, and after that they lost the financial support they benefited until then. It therefore can't help them to continue training. To me it has nothing to do with politics, had they skated well they would have got rewarded accordingly.

Vasiliev said sponsors were ready to give them the needed amount of money for the next season. But financial question is only 50-60% of the problem. He wants more political support from federation.

oleada
02-09-2011, 12:22 PM
So he wanted all the :bribe: and :judge: without the results, basically?