PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Grand Prix dates on the ISU website

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Dave of the North
02-15-2011, 01:24 AM
Interesting....On the current Seasons Best List, that would eliminate all the pairs from #23 on:

23 139.94 Klara KADLECOVA / Petr BIDAR CZE
etc.

I can live without all of those skaters.

You certainly will have to, unless they are from the host country and are allowed to be picked for the event.

48 spots for Pairs
Top 6 take 18 of them.
Leaves 30
Spots 7 through 22 take the rest...

Asli
02-15-2011, 01:34 AM
oki doki lets get into the details
Singles - down to 10 entries each
Dance - down to 8 entries each
Pairs - remains at 8

When there were 10 dance entries, most GPs were down to 8 or 9 anyway, because some entries withdraw too late or can't be replaced for some other reason. So the risk now is for there to be just 6-7 entries for dance as well as for pairs, which is just ridiculous.

It is no longer a "Grand Prix", but a "Small Prix" now. Or rather, a "Miniscule Prix".

Jenna
02-15-2011, 02:25 AM
I'm not liking these changes one bit. Hopefully the smaller federations will band together and prevent this from being passed.

quebecoise
02-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Grand Prix Final 2011 will be held in Quebec City!!!:) woohoo!! I'm happy because I will be able to go!

Here's a French article about it:
http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/Quebec/2011/02/15/004-patinage_artistique-grands_prix-quebec.shtml

Skate Canada will make the official announcement on February 22nd. The competition will be held at "Pavillon de la Jeunesse" not Colisée Pepsi as usual, but it's close to each other.

Debbie S
02-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Grand Prix Final 2011 will be held in Quebec City!!!:) woohoo!! I'm happy because I will be able to go!I wouldn't mind going to Quebec City sometime, but December? Won't the weather (i.e. snow) be a problem? And IIRC, the Colisee Pepsi is outside the city (I looked into going to SC when it was there in 2002) - is this arena any easier to get to?

ETA: Just did a quick Expedia search and the cheapest round trip for me is $670. Looks like I'll have to wait to see both Quebec City and the GPF. :( I hope SA is in an accessible location.

Aaron W
02-15-2011, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't mind going to Quebec City sometime, but December? Won't the weather (i.e. snow) be a problem? And IIRC, the Colisee Pepsi is outside the city (I looked into going to SC when it was there in 2002) - is this arena any easier to get to?

From the photos I've seen, Quebec City, while beautiful anytime of the year, is particularly stunning at Christmas time. I imagine it would be a wonderful time to visit, provided there isn't a big snow storm preventing flights from landing at YQB.

sk9tingfan
02-15-2011, 09:32 PM
It is no longer a "Grand Prix", but a "Small Prix" now. Or rather, a "Miniscule Prix".

How about the "Petit Prix of Figure Skating"? :D

JasperBoy
02-15-2011, 09:46 PM
I don't really like skaters having the option of doing 3 GP events. When they place on the podium it can screw up the possibility of other teams going to the GPF.

I went to SC last year and was not very enthusiastic because of all the withdrawals. Then along cam MT&M out of thin air and gave us all something to cheer about. That kind of thing needs to be possible, and it might not be if the minimum scores are implemented.

And I would really love to see Elladj Balde skate in the Grand Prix. He's on the Canadian team, after all. It's just because he was injured that he doesn't have international points.

Frau Muller
02-15-2011, 09:47 PM
One of my favorite cities on earth - Quebec! Whee!!! I'm in. :)

quebecoise
02-15-2011, 10:18 PM
I wouldn't mind going to Quebec City sometime, but December? Won't the weather (i.e. snow) be a problem? And IIRC, the Colisee Pepsi is outside the city (I looked into going to SC when it was there in 2002) - is this arena any easier to get to?

No because it's at the same place, like 2 buildings next to Colisée Pepsi. It's as complicated as Colisée Pepsi which mean hotels are far of the rink.

firefly
02-15-2011, 10:43 PM
OMG GPF in Quebec City is amazing :rollin: It will hopefully be my first ever international competition as a spectator as Quebec is my new hometown! Am I glad I moved 6 months ago :lol:

luckiest1
02-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Awesome! Now we just need to find out about Canadians and Skate Canada.....

jtpc
02-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Excellent work quebecoise! :)

kimkom
02-16-2011, 02:21 AM
Oooh, depending where SC is this year, I may skip it and go to the GPF instead. Quebec City is :swoon:

Theatregirl1122
02-16-2011, 02:31 AM
I wish I could go to the GPF! Sadly it's the weekend before finals so it really isn't an option.