PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Grand Prix dates on the ISU website

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

vesperholly
01-30-2011, 09:25 AM
I vote for skate canada in kitchener, hamilton, or fake londen...

you know, driving distance from where I live.

Yes, Hamilton plzzz, that way I don't even need to get a hotel! :cheer2:

miffy
01-30-2011, 01:00 PM
When is the location for SA likely to be announced? I want to know if it's worth saving some holiday for. I'm hoping it will be somewhere east...

Parsley Sage
01-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Yes, Hamilton plzzz, that way I don't even need to get a hotel! :cheer2:

Which is good because there aren't that many :D

Theatregirl1122
01-30-2011, 05:26 PM
When is the location for SA likely to be announced? I want to know if it's worth saving some holiday for. I'm hoping it will be somewhere east...

At this point, I'm starting to think it will be announced in September. :drama:

sandra_persch
01-30-2011, 05:29 PM
I recently read in the German skating magazine that ISU will implement some major changes again. Guess we won't know the initial assignments before the end of July.

care bear
01-30-2011, 06:08 PM
According to the German skating magazine "Pirouette" CoC will be held probably in Shanghai.

Aimless
01-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Rats, I wish there were a JGP event in the US. I went to the one in Lake Placid in 2009 and it was a great experience. Huge bargain (all even ticket less than $20?) and got to see a lot of up and comers, as well as some who clearly won't progress so far. Scariest pairs programs ever! collective breath holding in the arena during the lifts--those grim faced wobbly young men! It was really thrilling. Christine Musademba was a highlight, and Ross Minor and the Shibutanis.

bibi
01-31-2011, 11:54 PM
OMG, I've got all fingers and toes crossed (and cramping) that either SC or GPF will be somewhere that I can consider going to. Quebec city would be GREAT!! Does anyone know when the announcements of venues will be made?

1 MORE VOTE FOR QUEBEC CITY !! :rollin::rollin::cheer2::cheer2:

and the GPF city is supposed to be announce is a few days according to this article : http://actualites.ca.msn.com/regional/quebec/rc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=27445761

stejoho40
02-01-2011, 02:37 AM
At this point, I'm starting to think it will be announced in September. :drama:

Aint that the truth. I remember the good old days when you actually knew more than a year ahead of time and they sold tickets for the following year at the current SA....the announcements just get later and later every year.

jtpc
02-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Has anyone else heard anything or come across articles mentioning possible locations for Skate Canada or the GP Final? We had an article posted at the end of last month about Quebec City possibly being a location for the GP Final, but just wondered if anyone had heard anything else in the last couple weeks. Hope there's an announcement soon about both events! :)

barbk
02-13-2011, 06:43 PM
I recently read in the German skating magazine that ISU will implement some major changes again. Guess we won't know the initial assignments before the end of July.

Sandra -- changes like how invitations or issued? or changes like dropping one of the GP events and letting the GP final go to whichever country does not have have a GP event this year?

Sylvia
02-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Sandra -- changes like how invitations or issued?
That's what I've heard but no concrete details at this time.

Sandra P., is there anything useful you can quote from the German article?

siberia82
02-13-2011, 06:52 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Quebec City for the GPF!!! :cheer: We don't host enough figure skating events in this province! Heck, we don't even get CSOI this year! :angryfire We should receive GPF as compensation! :lol: :D ;) :P

sandra_persch
02-13-2011, 07:04 PM
That's what I've heard but no concrete details at this time.

Sandra P., is there anything useful you can quote from the German article?

oki doki lets get into the details
Singles - down to 10 entries each
Dance - down to 8 entries each
Pairs - remains at 8

Top 6 from worlds can do 3 events like in the past

minimum score will be implemented at 2/3 of the previous season top score ... example Pairs S/S currently first with 210.72 so minimum score would be 140.48

minimum score can be achieved in the previous season or at the autumn internationals like Nebelhorn Trophy

massive change to the substitution rules
the list is updated after each ISU senior event and published on the ISU homepage. if a skater or pair withdraws the first one in the ranking of the substitute list has to be invited. no more replacing with the lowest ranked skaters on the list. it has to be the number 1 on the list of substitutes.

at least thats what my magazine says

Jeschke
02-13-2011, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=sandra_persch;3072608]oki doki lets get into the details
Singles - down to 10 entries each
Dance - down to 8 entries each
Pairs - remains at 8

>> Singles down to 10? Thatīs not nice, Ice Dane, too :(

Top 6 from worlds can do 3 events like in the past
>> why? iīm not a fan of this. i would prefer to see some good junior skaters of the last season instead of 3times asada out of form in early season.

massive change to the substitution rules
the list is updated after each ISU senior event and published on the ISU homepage. if a skater or pair withdraws the first one in the ranking of the substitute list has to be invited. no more replacing with the lowest ranked skaters on the list. it has to be the number 1 on the list of substitutes.
>> some change has to be done. this yearīs withdrawals and empty spaces were really akward