PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever see Kimmie Meissner skate on TV. again?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

FSWer
01-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Say,does anyone know if she ever will? We know she has been recovering. But there hasn't been any mention of any future telecast were she will compete. Has she given up competing?

Triple Butz
01-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Say,does anyone know if she ever will? We know she has been recovering. But there hasn't been any mention of any future telecast were she will compete. Has she given up competing?

She has been a full time student at UD and doesn't really have the triples anymore. She did skate at the tribute to American Skaters a few weeks back. She hasn't made an official announcement, but it certainly looks very unlikely that she will compete on the amateur level again.

Civic
01-22-2011, 06:47 AM
I always enjoyed Kimmie's skater so I'll miss seeing her skate on TV. Good luck to her in her studies and future career plans.

Angela-Fan
01-22-2011, 07:10 AM
She has been a full time student at UD and doesn't really have the triples anymore. She did skate at the tribute to American Skaters a few weeks back. She hasn't made an official announcement, but it certainly looks very unlikely that she will compete on the amateur level again.

:(:(

Iceman
01-22-2011, 01:10 PM
She probably has stayed away too long.

FSWer
01-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Are w saying that because she's been injured for so long..she's lost all her moves? The poor Freestyler. Is she going to retire?

Skittl1321
01-23-2011, 12:31 AM
She probably won't announce an official retirement, most skaters don't anymore. But I think she is likely done skating, except in occasional charity shows, but likely not big ones.

I doubt she's lost ALL her moves- I bet she'd still look fantastic in an exhibition- she probably just doesn't have the best ones anymore, all her triple jumps for example.

FSWer
01-23-2011, 12:41 AM
So she might not compete anymore...all because she was.....injured?

Debbie S
01-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Kimmie has moved on to another phase of her life. She is going to school full-time. She continues to skate in shows, so you may see her on a televised show. At some point, every competitive skater moves on to something else.

BigB08822
01-23-2011, 12:53 AM
So she might not compete anymore...all because she was.....injured?

:shuffle: Are you joking?

FSWer
01-23-2011, 01:00 AM
No? I'm just wondering if she's Retiring from competing because of her injuries? Or if it is indeed she's gone to school,and it just seems that way,because she got injured at about the same time?

Willowway
01-23-2011, 01:38 AM
The trajectory of her competitive career (which was very much affected by injury but peaked with her World title) has been very transparent and it's clear that it is over. I saw her skate at the Michael Weiss show in October and talked with her a bit. She's still delightful, with a maturity that is notable. Her skating (and of course she had only prepared for a small show) was nice but nothing more than that. Any podium characteristics that she once had just aren't there anymore. Her skating is more mature, more firmly grounded but clearly non-competitive. I don't think she has anything to gain, and much to lose, if she gives up her college education to try another time for something that has been out of her reach for over three years now. I think she's on a great track so that she will have a career after her skating career - she's a smart young lady and deserves a lot of respect for knowing many things, among them when to move on to new endeavors. A show or two, now and then, is probably in her future; much more than that, I would be surprised.

RD
01-23-2011, 04:00 AM
Wasn't she JUST on TV last month?

bardtoob
01-23-2011, 04:18 AM
There will be a market for her. She will always be an Olympia, World Champion, and National Champion. However, pro skating is pretty quiet right now.

The Fly On The Wall
01-23-2011, 06:45 AM
She's still training with Chris Conte, no??