PDA

View Full Version : Johnny at Nationals 2011, Getting Trophy - What Will Happen?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Frau Muller
01-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Fact: Johnny Weir is the USFSA Skating Magazine's Reader's Favorite skater for 2010.

Fact: The trophy has to be given. It cannot be taken back (we think).

Fact: USFSA had, a while back, announced that it's Reader's Choice trophy would be presented to the selected skater during the 2011 Nationals in Greensboro.

Unknown: Will Johnny's book and 'attitude' about the USFSA have an effect on whether or not the presentation ceremony happens? What will happen?

Vote for your guess on what will happen. I am still hoping that he gets the trophy at Nationals, so I voted #1. :)

Aussie Willy
01-20-2011, 09:46 PM
I had to pick the third option. :rollin:

overedge
01-20-2011, 09:55 PM
:confused: Was Johnny's book *that* damaging to the USFS that they would consider not giving him the award, or not giving it to him in public? Sure, he said some not very nice things, but he certainly isn't the first skater (in the US or elsewhere) to publicly diss their federation. I am sure that USFS knows he didn't get along with them, so I can't see his remarks being that damaging that they would want to get back at him through the award.

It would also be a publicity disaster for USFS to cancel the award or the award ceremony, and I can't see them being foolish enough to risk that.

The bigger question might be, will Johnny show up for the ceremony, and if so how he will act in the ceremony (or dress for it :lol:) if he truly is that mad at USFS or wants to make some kind of statement about how they allegedly treated him.

igniculus
01-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Purple and Michelle Kwan, obviously. :blah:

sk9tingfan
01-20-2011, 10:39 PM
:
The bigger question might be, will Johnny show up for the ceremony, and if so how he will act in the ceremony (or dress for it :lol:) if he truly is that mad at USFS or wants to make some kind of statement about how they allegedly treated him.

Again, Johnny wouldn't think of not showing up. That award was earned as a result of his fans. Bypassing it would be dissing his fans. He'll be there. If he's not, it's not because he doesn't want to be there.

Wyliefan
01-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Frau Muller, you keep bringing this up, but as far as I can see you're the only one who has any doubts on the subject. Why not just relax and expect that everything will go fine and he'll get the trophy? Awards typically aren't withdrawn just because someone writes a book.

essence_of_soy
01-20-2011, 11:01 PM
It's a bit Priscilla (Queen of the Dessert, not Priscilla Hill), but I'd love him to arrive atop his touring bus (driven onto the ice naturally) sitting on a big silver stiletto throwing glitter to the audience, before being carried down by a cherry picker operated by the president of the USFSA to collect the award.

Helenista
01-20-2011, 11:46 PM
That would be classic!

Screenie
01-21-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm the only one who voted for the trophy being mysteriously lost? :)

GoldenMichelle
01-21-2011, 02:47 AM
Purple and Michelle Kwan, obviously. :blah:
Well it *is* the Michelle Kwan trophy. I don't see purple winning this one though :D

antmanb
01-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Is there another option - the ceremony goes ahead as planned, Johnny receives the trophy, but years later Johnny will reveal that the people presenting the awards all took turns to spit on him before he went out and would later go on to find his dog and kick it, and that's why him receiving the trophy was really a way of holding him back and being critical :drama:

Ant

Frau Muller
01-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Frau Muller, you keep bringing this up,.....

Ooooo...because it is delicious speculation. :D

Essence of Soy, I love-love-love the idea of Johnny showing up in his touring bus. He absolutely must wear a hot-pink boa, to stand-out from the USFSA officials who undoubtedly will be wearing their standard-issue navy blazers,maroon ties, khaki pants and brown loafers.

blue_idealist
01-21-2011, 11:46 PM
lmao at option 2.. I guess they'll have to give him a trophy but maybe they'll skip the ceremony

aliceanne
01-22-2011, 11:02 PM
I think Johnny will be front and center. USFSA is using him in their TV ads for nationals. They passed over Rachael and Mirai.

nylynnr
01-23-2011, 02:43 PM
I think the presentation of the award has always been very lowkey. As far as I remember it's the editor of Skating magazine saying a few words and presenting the award in the kiss & cry. There's no big ceremony.